"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Alcantarmedic10
Posts in topic: 5

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Alcantarmedic10 »

Interblog wrote:All of my required stuff was submitted on January 18, 2018. The application sat without obvious activity until today, January 26, when it began showing green checks on the first ten listed items, and background check in progress.

I got all green on 1/20/18 and today 1/26/18 got background complete and printing pending

Alcantarmedic10

Alcantarmedic10 wrote:Paid fee 01/05/2018
Fingerprints 01/12/2018
Class 01/13/2018
Ltc 100 submitted 01/13/2018
Documents received 1/17/2018
Is this standard time frame for conformation of DPS getting documens

:hurry: :lol: 1/20/18 Just got the status check list on my application today. Got all green pending background and printing

1/26/18 Just got Background cleared pending printing

Capgun76
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Capgun76 »

The more timelines that are like your own the better you feel about it dragging on. So I'll chime in too.
No Record at all
Class 12-23
APP 12-27
Fingerprints 12-29

Still showing Background and print pending.

But here is the kicker, got a friend that went 3 weeks after I did to his class and then the next day his app and prints. ...His is in the mail. That's 13 days and his says mailed... While I'm glad for him ,it's pretty frustrating. I did call and was told some just take longer than others.

Alcantarmedic10

[quote="Capgun76"]The more timelines that are like your own the better you feel about it dragging on. So I'll chime in too.
No Record at all
Class 12-23
APP 12-27
Fingerprints 12-29

But here is the kicker, got a friend that went 3 weeks after I did to his class and then the next day his app and prints. ...His is in the mail. That's 13 days and his says mailed... While I'm glad for him ,it's pretty frustrating. I did call and was told some just take longer than others.[/quot

A buddy of mine did it everything the same time as I did the main difference and only difference is that I'm certified by stated as a paramedic cuz his background is as clear as mine and has lived in the same home for 10 years

Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

My friend is also not an American citizen , and has moved at least 3 times. I have been in same place for over 10 years. It's a crazy system for sure.

Cburr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Cburr »

Cburr wrote:
Cburr wrote:
Cburr wrote:Did online app 12\22\17
Fingerprinting 12\27\17
Took LTC class 01\06\18 and uploaded class paperwork that day.
Received email stating they had received my upload on 01\09\18.
The Website status check does not show any of this.
How long does it normally take for the webpage to show anything?
I just get LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

Today the website shows background check complete print pending!

Now I wonder how long I will wait for printing and mailing. I'm super surprised the background went so fast.
Plastic arrived today 01-27. :txflag:

kburton

Post by kburton »

Capgun76 wrote:The more timelines that are like your own the better you feel about it dragging on. So I'll chime in too.
No Record at all
Class 12-23
APP 12-27
Fingerprints 12-29

But here is the kicker, got a friend that went 3 weeks after I did to his class and then the next day his app and prints. ...His is in the mail. That's 13 days and his says mailed... While I'm glad for him ,it's pretty frustrating. I did call and was told some just take longer than others.
It won't make you feel any better, but I had everything submitted on 12-10 and my 60 day mark is next week... I called DPS on Friday and was told if I don't see anything change by the 60 day mark to call back... I asked what was going to be done that can't be done right now, and I was told "I should just be optimistic"...

Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

You're right I don't feel better, but as a side note when I called I was told my app went into review 1-2-18 and there's nothing more I should do. So 2-1-18 will be my first 30 days. I plan on calling back in a couple days and asking other than things on my end what are some possible issues that can slow it down. I have a friend who is convinced it has to do with counties where background checks are being done, he says that some counties are notorious for sitting on them . I'm not sure where he got this info or if it is the case what can be done. I have another friend taking his class Friday,guess we will see how his goes as well. If we do go over 60 then what? Are we just supposed to keep waiting? Maybe this can be both our week!

kburton

Post by kburton »

Capgun76 wrote:You're right I don't feel better, but as a side note when I called I was told my app went into review 1-2-18 and there's nothing more I should do. So 2-1-18 will be my first 30 days. I plan on calling back in a couple days and asking other than things on my end what are some possible issues that can slow it down. I have a friend who is convinced it has to do with counties where background checks are being done, he says that some counties are notorious for sitting on them . I'm not sure where he got this info or if it is the case what can be done. I have another friend taking his class Friday,guess we will see how his goes as well. If we do go over 60 then what? Are we just supposed to keep waiting? Maybe this can be both our week!
Tell your friend to submit everything at one time. Fill out the application and submit every document in one sitting. I was told by DPS this allows things to go a lot faster. I submitted things as I got them, so that is one reason mine is taking longer. I have read that DPS can extend up to 180 for further review... I pray it does not come to that.

kbriggs
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kbriggs »

1/9/18 - LTC class, form submitted online, fee paid, email received
1/10/18 - Fingerprints taken at IdentoGo
1/18/18 - Status begins showing at texas.gov with first 10 of 12 items green
1/23/18 - Item 11 (background check) green
1/26/18 - Item 12 (licensed mailed) green
1/29/18 - License in hand

Start to finish: 20 days

kburton

Post by kburton »

kburton wrote:started application on 11/29/17
took LTC Course 12/2/17
submitted docs 12/2/17
fingerprints 12/10/17
all green 12/12/17
Background check under review and Print pending completion of application review for almost 4 weeks now...

I have called DPS and was told they have everything they need, but I can't figure out why its taking so long. I am a Veteran and have held a secret security clearance (which I got faster than this). No arrests/felonies, clean record and moved only a few times in the military... I know I haven't given it 60 days, but it seems like most right now are within 30-40 days. Should I call again or is this normal?
Background Check Complete; Print Pending 1/30/18

Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

Congrats man, hope im not far behind.

Alcantarmedic10

Alcantarmedic10 wrote:Paid fee 01/05/2018
Fingerprints 01/12/2018
Class 01/13/2018
Ltc 100 submitted 01/13/2018
Documents received 1/17/2018
Is this standard time frame for conformation of DPS getting documens

:hurry: :lol: Just got the status check list on my application today. Got all green pending background and printing
Just got plastic in hand today process started 09/05 and finished today 09/31. 26 days total with a federal holiday in between. Not bad DPS. Hopefully everyone has a smooth transaction

dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dlh »

Last night filled out my license renewal application on-line. Took all of about 15 minutes between reading and responding to the various questions and reviewing the applicable statutes then giving them my credit-card information. Cost me a little north of thirty-seven bucks. Not bad at all.

Now the DPS is "processing" my fingerprints previously approved in my original application and then once that is done I should be good to go. I assume they do some form of updated criminal background checks too.

Will report back when I receive my license renewal in the mail.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

kburton

Post by kburton »

kburton wrote:
kburton wrote:started application on 11/29/17
took LTC Course 12/2/17
submitted docs 12/2/17
fingerprints 12/10/17
all green 12/12/17
Background check under review and Print pending completion of application review for almost 4 weeks now...

I have called DPS and was told they have everything they need, but I can't figure out why its taking so long. I am a Veteran and have held a secret security clearance (which I got faster than this). No arrests/felonies, clean record and moved only a few times in the military... I know I haven't given it 60 days, but it seems like most right now are within 30-40 days. Should I call again or is this normal?
Background Check Complete; Print Pending 1/30/18
Mailed 2/2/18

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”