"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

JCC511
Posts in topic: 51

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by JCC511 »

My wife is still waiting. She submitted an inquiry online just to see if that might get a positive response. This is what came today in reply:

"Thank you for using the Regulatory Services Division’s website.

Our records indicate your application is processing. We appreciate your understanding and patience."

Congratulations on your Wally walk! Now I figured out what that is. I will need to see about doing the same when my OWB holster comes in.
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

CTGilley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CTGilley »

:txflag: MAILED!

14 days from submitting all documents.

aplast
Posts in topic: 15

Post by aplast »

CTGilley wrote::txflag: MAILED!

14 days from submitting all documents.
That is an incredible wait time. I finally called and reached a live person at the dps and they confirmed that I input all my documents correctly and that all I needed to do was wait. It took a little stress off me, and she was very nice on the phone, but still nothing shows up when I check the status online. So weird.

Schwartz22
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Schwartz22 »

I registered and had fingerprints done a year ago. Other than that, our timeline is about the same.
Completed class, submitted documents 2/4/2017
Confirmation email 2/6/2017

Currently no update on website for me either.

ShaddyVanDaddy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ShaddyVanDaddy »

Hello all,
Been lurking and learning for a while now.
Grateful for all of the knowledge and resources on this forum.

My wife and I did the DPS application fingerprints and class all together.
2/8/17- DPS app
2/13/17- fingerprints
2/19/17- LTC class and submitted certificate.

Obviously no feedback yet, only mildly anxious about if I submitted the forms correctly. Our course instructor said the DPS sheet with the barcode and checklist is a cover sheet so I decided to scan it and the certificate together and submit as one document (PDF). Hope that was right!

Thanks again for providing access to this great community!

aplast

Post by aplast »

Schwartz22 wrote:I registered and had fingerprints done a year ago. Other than that, our timeline is about the same.
Completed class, submitted documents 2/4/2017
Confirmation email 2/6/2017

Currently no update on website for me either.
good to know that we share a similar timeline. Will be very interested to compare our wait times. Hopefully we make some progress this week.

tonym
Posts in topic: 18

Post by tonym »

Easyasmc wrote:
K5CLC wrote:
tonym wrote:So I sent the Arizona packet off today, I'm sure I will here back from them before I do Texas, but something odd happen today .. I really just stop carrying about every getting the Texas LTC ... I guess I just gave the great state of Texas $140 for nothing other then a headache on my end.... :hurry: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
I was saying the same thing not too long ago until my status change to print pending after I submitted supporting documents for a misdemeanor charge in 1995. I sent my Arizona packet off and it was returned because my Texas license to carry class was not conducted by an NRA certified instructor. What is nice is they returned my check and the fingerprint cards. I'm not really sure how to proceed if that is the requirement. My license to carry instructor his certified in police and military instruction. Please let me know how that goes for you. Right now I'm on day 4 of print pending here in Texas so I am hoping it doesn't take much longer before they mail it. Good luck!
Well at least you got your money back!!! My status finally changed after almost 2 weeks of sending in my Mississippi supporting documents. Arizona permit still pending. All I did was send in a copy of my DD214 for the training requirement.
took some time but my wait is over !!! :hurry: :cheers2: :thewave
Attachments
11.jpg

JCC511

Post by JCC511 »

Why does the fingerprints still show pending when really only background check is in process? Makes no sense to me.

tonym
Posts in topic: 18

Post by tonym »

JCC511 wrote:Why does the fingerprints still show pending when really only background check is in process? Makes no sense to me.
my fingerprints was also pending with the background check. they both changed the same day... so I wouldn't put to much into that ..

JCC511

Post by JCC511 »

Trying to keep an eye on this for my wife. I am going to recommend she call them to see if they can give any better detail by phone.

aplast

Post by aplast »

JCC511 wrote:Trying to keep an eye on this for my wife. I am going to recommend she call them to see if they can give any better detail by phone.
wonder what is holding her application up so long.. does she have a criminal record?

oldguysrule649
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oldguysrule649 »

Greetings from New Jersey! Joined these forums today. (Also posted this to the "2017 Wait" thread. Hope that is proper.)

New Jersey resident here. My Texas LTC arrived today in the mail. The primary significance for me in the near term is that it is one of only a few LTC's recognized by the State of Pennsylvania. I hope to soon experience concealed carry for the first time(I am 64 yo.) Carry (open or concealed) is something that we mere mortals in NJ are denied outside of our home.

The full timeline was as follows:

- 12/29/2016: Submitted my online application to the Texas DPS.
- 1/04/2017: Fingerprints taken at IdentoGO in Dallas, Tx.
- 1/07/2017: Training class taken in Dallas, Texas.
- 1/17/2017: Mailed supplemental materials (e.g. NJ drivers license, passport photos, etc.) to the Texas DPS via USPS Certified mail.
- 1/21/2017: Supplemental materials arrived at the Texas DPS. *** The wait clock starts ticking here. ***
- 2/10/2017(approx): Status first appears on the Texas DPS website. Shows all steps completed(Green) and the last step "Print Pending"
- 2/15/2017: Status shows as "Mailed".
- 2/21/2017: Received Texas "License to Carry Hangun" in the mail.

Over the course of the last six years, I had the opportunity to spend about a year in Texas on business. Most recently several weeks in Dallas during which I was able to pursue this process. Being a firearms owner in the oppressive State of New Jersey, I would like to take this opportunity to say how wonderful I feel from a 2A perspective when I am in Texas. The feeling of freedom is truly palpable compared to what I have to live with here.

Am very excited for all of you that live there and wish you all the best. Don't ever become complacent in fighting for your 2A rights!

Best regards, Art

Mdail29
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Mdail29 »

I have been waiting going on 5 weeks now. Pretty frustrating when you see others get their plastic before you even though they submitted their docs after. No disrespect to any of the fine citizens here, my comment is more pointed towards the system, indicating they don't do first in first out. (provided no additional documents are needed).

All Documents submitted and confirmed received (1/17/19)
Everything Green except Fingerprints and Background check (1/20/17)
Still print pending after review (2/22/17)

:patriot: :rules: :clapping: :roll: :???: :shock:

aplast

Post by aplast »

Mdail29 wrote:I have been waiting going on 5 weeks now. Pretty frustrating when you see others get their plastic before you even though they submitted their docs after. No disrespect to any of the fine citizens here, my comment is more pointed towards the system, indicating they don't do first in first out. (provided no additional documents are needed).

definitely feel your pain, at least you got an online update and SOMETHING to go on. Wonder what the "official guideline" is.

Schwartz22
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Schwartz22 »

aplast wrote:
Mdail29 wrote:I have been waiting going on 5 weeks now. Pretty frustrating when you see others get their plastic before you even though they submitted their docs after. No disrespect to any of the fine citizens here, my comment is more pointed towards the system, indicating they don't do first in first out. (provided no additional documents are needed).

definitely feel your pain, at least you got an online update and SOMETHING to go on. Wonder what the "official guideline" is.
I'm not frustrated, just confused about how the processing works. Some members are getting plastic within 2 weeks, I am going on
12 business days (17 total) since confirmation email, and there has not been an update on the website for my progress.
I will continue to be patient and don't plan on contacting anyone about it until the 60days are up.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”