"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

old farmer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:
This is the third renewal.
06/23/2017. I submitted online and recieved email .
06/30/2017. Credit card cleared.
07/14/2017. Pending printing.
I will continue to checking online status daily.
:patriot:
God Bliss America.

Zachns1234
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Zachns1234 »

Nice! Still waiting on my Background check :???:

gwallis95
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gwallis95 »

First time posting, but thought I'd put up my timeline.

Finished Class 7/8
Fingerprints and documents received 7/11
All green except background check 7/19
Print pending 7/21
All green and "mailed" 7/25

Hopefully should be receiving plastic in the mail by the end of the week based off recent post on the thread.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

We pretty much have the same timeline. Except I turneed in my docs on the 10th and my background check is still under review. :???:

S3NSA
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S3NSA »

I've always been a lurker here without an account but decided it was time to contribute.

LTC Class 04/29
Turned 21 on 07/11
Applied on txdps 7/12 (tried at midnight and following day but I guess it wasn't registered in the system)
Fingerprinted 7/14
Documents sent in 7/14

And now the real process begins
Documents received 7/15
Background check in progress 7/18
Print pending 7/21
All green and "mailed" 7/27

Hopefully should get it in 2 days from what everyone else is saying.
My buddy who took the class on the same day as me didn't receive plastic til a week ago 7/20 and he submitted all documents the day of.
I expected to wait about as long but 12 days from documents received is not bad at all!

Update:
So after reading about 30 pages of this thread it seems some people received their plastic 1-3 days in the mail on average excluding sundays. I'm assuming they're mailing out the LTCs from Austin so I checked the shipping map and it should take 3 days max to mail from anywhere to anywhere in Texas. (2 days to where I am (DFW area)).
Hopefully i'll have plastic in hand by tomorrow!
my mailman has been screwing up the route and moving everyones mail a house down recently so lets hope thats not the problem tomorrow.

Update 2:
I've been anticipating this for the longest time. My advice to everyone is to sign up for USPS informed delivery. I did this while waiting for some custom slide work a few months ago :mrgreen:
Now I know exactly what comes in the mail.
Good luck to everyone else!

As I was walking out to check the mail for the 50th time today while OC, my older neighbor across the street says "Mr. *S3NSA* can you even legally carry that yet?" I check the mailbox real quick and say "why yes, yes I can."
Plastic in hand boys, today's a good day. :coolgleamA:
Last edited by S3NSA on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dlm2017
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dlm2017 »

Hello! New here. Been perusing for a while. My wife and I both took our LTC class on the 8th of August, got fingerprinted and submitted everything on the 10th. Wife just got her LTC in the mail yesterday. I am stuck in the "fingerprints under review" matrix black hole pit of despair. :grumble

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

Your finger prints may not be any good. Give the DPS handgun licensing department a call and they can tell you what's going on. And you took your class August 8th of 2016? Your wife just got it? That's a long wait.

dlm2017

Post by dlm2017 »

Meant July. Sorry!

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

All good. I had all my docs tuned in on the 10th of July as well. All green but the Background check still. So we are in the same boat. :waiting:
No sense in checking the status on the weekend being that I don't think they work. So another long weekend lol.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

I did my shooting and classroom on June 25 then tried to schedule fingerprints only to find that the place had some kind of medical emergence and my friend and I both took class at the same time got 3 weeks wait for fingerprints and I submitted all of my papers on the 11th of July and he submitted 21st of July and I have been in background under review since the 12th and he has cleared and print pending already. I don't understand why his was faster since I was a week or more ahead of him but still waiting for background check under review to go away for the print. :banghead:

dlm2017

Post by dlm2017 »

Got home late last night and my whole status was greened up with Print Pending being the only thing left. So hopefully i'll get it sometime this coming week. 20 days for everything to get done, even after being stuck in the "fingerprints under review" matrix black hole pit of despair for 15 of those days, i'd say that isn't bad at all.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

L82kill wrote:I did my shooting and classroom on June 25 then tried to schedule fingerprints only to find that the place had some kind of medical emergence and my friend and I both took class at the same time got 3 weeks wait for fingerprints and I submitted all of my papers on the 11th of July and he submitted 21st of July and I have been in background under review since the 12th and he has cleared and print pending already. I don't understand why his was faster since I was a week or more ahead of him but still waiting for background check under review to go away for the print. :banghead:
Mine is to man. Some just take longer than others. My back ground has been under review sense the 18th. Give it more time. It will go through. I submitted everything on the 10th though.

L82kill

Post by L82kill »

Yeah I will obviously have to give it more time it's just funny how my friends went so fast. And I submitted a week ahead. But being patient is all we can do.

Zachns1234

Post by Zachns1234 »

:iagree: I have had similar experiences.

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

L82kill wrote:I did my shooting and classroom on June 25 then tried to schedule fingerprints only to find that the place had some kind of medical emergence and my friend and I both took class at the same time got 3 weeks wait for fingerprints and I submitted all of my papers on the 11th of July and he submitted 21st of July and I have been in background under review since the 12th and he has cleared and print pending already. I don't understand why his was faster since I was a week or more ahead of him but still waiting for background check under review to go away for the print. :banghead:
Prob because you have items on your background & your friend doesn't. Any arrests- Texas, out of state, federal, military, etc. Any warrants, any pending charges, any MAB stuff, being born out of country. ANY of these will delay you a lot compared to someone with none of these.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”