"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Zane
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Zane »

Zane wrote:Long time lurker...

I'm 52 yrs 'old' I had one arrest for "minor" in possession when I was 18 (two weeks after they changed the drinking age to 19 and we weren't even drinking, the stuff was hot) that never entered the system, one of those Johnson County scared straight moments, I think.

I called four different people in the county and they could not find my name in any of their records. So...

LTC Class 1/06/18
Finger Prints and Forms submitted 1/09
All green with Background check yellow 1/15
wait,
wait,
worry,
wait,
Background check green 2/15!!!
LTC Mailed green 2/20

Daily walk to mailbox still underway...lol

2/23 6PM....Plastic in hand!
Woot!

aimeerouton
Posts in topic: 10

Post by aimeerouton »

Zane wrote:
Zane wrote:Long time lurker...

I'm 52 yrs 'old' I had one arrest for "minor" in possession when I was 18 (two weeks after they changed the drinking age to 19 and we weren't even drinking, the stuff was hot) that never entered the system, one of those Johnson County scared straight moments, I think.

I called four different people in the county and they could not find my name in any of their records. So...

LTC Class 1/06/18
Finger Prints and Forms submitted 1/09
All green with Background check yellow 1/15
wait,
wait,
worry,
wait,
Background check green 2/15!!!
LTC Mailed green 2/20

Daily walk to mailbox still underway...lol

2/23 6PM....Plastic in hand!
Woot!
Maybe mine will change this week since I’m a few days behind you! Congrats to you!! :txflag:

Interblog
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Interblog »

Aimee did you check your status today? We submitted within one day of each other, and mine just went "print pending".

aimeerouton

Post by aimeerouton »

Interblog wrote:Aimee did you check your status today? We submitted within one day of each other, and mine just went "print pending".
Yes, I finally figured out what was wrong with mine & it was my own fault. I basically over-reported on my application so I spent yesterday morning dealing with dps & another agency trying to get it resolved.

I reported that I had a “charge” in 2013 that turned into nothing, when in reality, it wasn’t a charge. LOL. So I got a letter from dps stating they needed proof of dismissal, which the agency didn’t have....because there was never a charge! All they have is an incident report, so I sent it in. Yay for another possible 180 days! :lol:

Guess that’s what happens when people who don’t break the law ever, think they do because they’re not familiar with the system. Ha! Note to self: maybe don’t report that next time!

oljames3
Posts in topic: 4

Post by oljames3 »

26 FEB 18. My wife submitted her renewal.

26 FEB 18. My youngest brother submitted his fingerprints and CHL100.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

youngpzo83
Posts in topic: 1

Post by youngpzo83 »

Here's my timeline of events, didn't' want to post until I got the mailed status :woohoo

1/13/18: Took CHL Class/Paid State Fee and Submitted Forms
1/15/18: Took Fingerprints
1/17/18: Received Email stating they got my documents and is processing
1/22/18: Showed up online with all green checks except for Background and license
W
A
I
T
I
N
G
2/22/18: Background Completed and changed to print pending
2/27/18: Woke up today with a status changed to Mailed :cheers2:

So 46 days including weekends to get the mailed status, so hopefully I get my plastic by the weekend so it can be official like a referee whistle!!!!! And my Dad did his the same day(1/13/18), but got his plastic in hand in 27 days(2/8/18). So hope this helps for others since it felt like forever!

rseward
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rseward »

rseward wrote:
infoman wrote:If anyone lists anything at all on their application- traffic tickets, dismissed charges, arrests, altercations, minor issues, etc.- literally anything at all- those apps take super long & go through same process as a person with lots of major charges on Their records. They don’t process by age, gender, etc.
I don't think this is true... I had an arrest (from 1997) for DUI, that I listed on my application. The charges were dismissed after completion of a "Diversion Program". For the purpose of this application, DPS treats it the same as a conviction.
I submitted my application on Thursday 02/15/18
Completed the class and submited LTC-100 on Saturday 02/17/18
Fingerprinted on Monday 02/19/18
Checked status on Friday 02/23/18
and everything is green with "received" or "completed" status, except "Licence To Carry A Handgun: Print Pending"

I'm not sure how long this last portion takes, but I'm guessing I should receive my LTC within a week or two.
Tuesday 02/27/18 Mailed :anamatedbanana
12 calendar days, start to finish, I imagine I'll have plastic in hand within 15 days of submitting my application.

aimeerouton

Post by aimeerouton »

aimeerouton wrote:Class: 01/13
App: 01/14
Fingerprints: 01/17
Documents submitted: 01/17

Still waiting on background check. :waiting:

I should note - clean background, no arrests, born & raised in TX....numerous FBI background checks that didn’t even take this long? Curious...
Despite everything, I changed to print pending either 02/27 afternoon or 02/28 morning Woohoo!

rseward

Post by rseward »

rseward wrote:
rseward wrote:
infoman wrote:If anyone lists anything at all on their application- traffic tickets, dismissed charges, arrests, altercations, minor issues, etc.- literally anything at all- those apps take super long & go through same process as a person with lots of major charges on Their records. They don’t process by age, gender, etc.
I don't think this is true... I had an arrest (from 1997) for DUI, that I listed on my application. The charges were dismissed after completion of a "Diversion Program". For the purpose of this application, DPS treats it the same as a conviction.
and everything is green with "received" or "completed" status, except "Licence To Carry A Handgun: Print Pending"

I'm not sure how long this last portion takes, but I'm guessing I should receive my LTC within a week or two.
12 calendar days, start to finish, I imagine I'll have plastic in hand within 15 days of submitting my application.
***Wednesday 02/28/18 LTC in hand :rock"
13 days (including 2 weekends) start-to-finish.

Not sure why some take so long, but glad mine went smooooth. I am a life-long Texan; maybe that makes a difference in the background check time, compared to someone who's lived in several states?

ET-Ret
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ET-Ret »

Paid money and filed renewal this morning at 8:15 on March 1 2018
So the clock is ticking.
ET-ret

fwant
Posts in topic: 7

Post by fwant »

Tex.gov is down for maintenance. So I'm pretty sure that ALL of our ltc will be approved when it comes back up, lol.

thinkmac
Posts in topic: 7

Post by thinkmac »

rseward wrote:
rseward wrote:

Woah! You and I started at the same date on everything, but mine is still under background check review. Oh well, I will give it a month to sort it out.

Interblog
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Interblog »

All my stuff submitted January 18, 2018... plastic in hand March 2, 2018.

And not a moment too soon, apparently. Less than 24 hours ago, yet another neighbor wrote a scathing report on social media about her family member being trapped in a personal vehicle until yet another loose pit bull wandered away from their property, this being the FIFTH reported dangerous dog incident in our subdivision in the past couple of weeks, a string of canine crime which started with law enforcement having to shoot an attacking pit bull to death a few hundred feet from my house (original thread - https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 08&t=91426).

GoKartMozart

Post by GoKartMozart »

02/25/2018 - LTC Class Taken
03/03/2018 - Fingerprints
03/04/2018 - Background Check : Under review

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 12

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Class Completed: 2/24/18
Application Started and Submitted: 2/24/18
Fingerprints Completed: 2/28/18
Fingerprints Received by State: 3/2
Background Check Approved: 3/7/18
- Currently Pending Print -

Hopefully plastic in hand later this week!

Time to full approval (but not printed) after everything was submitted, 7 days... Not bad. :)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”