5 HOURS AND WAITING

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TEXASGIANT
Posts in topic: 1

5 HOURS AND WAITING

Post by TEXASGIANT »

OK I GOT MY APP IN THE MAIL ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO AND NOTHING, NOT A PEEP! I HAVE ALL OF THESE TRACKING RECIEPTS TRUNING YELLOW IN MY HAND. :banghead:
GREAT SITE SHOULD KEEP ME UNDER CONTROL WHILE I KEEP A CLOSE WATCH ON THE MAIL BOX.
OH MY GOSH DID I PUT A RETURN ADDRESS ON THE PACK?!
OH MY GOSH DID I SIGN EVERYTHING?! YEA EL GATO TOOK CARE OF THAT.
OH MY GOSH DID I PUT THE ONEY ORDER IN. WIFE TOOK CARE OF THAT.
:ack:
OK, OK, OK, I'LL BE OK.

Diode
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Diode »

OMG, your going to be more fun than I was...... Welcome to the waiting room, need anything just let me know! All this is freah on my mind , I have had mine License about 2 weeks. :thumbsup:

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

If you are this whacked after 5 hours, I can hardly wait to check on you again after 5 weeks... 6 weeks... 2 months
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Calm down. It is going to be a long night, but the day will come when you can leave w/ a smile on your face & a weight on you hip.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

You're quite the pistol (pun intended.)
I was checking the mail box daily for my license after the second week. It arrived 7 1/2 weeks after I mailed it off. That was a long 7 1/2 weeks.

Until then, spend some time at the range, read all the books and articles you can, constantly quiz yourself on locations that are off-limits, and practice looking for 30.06 signs when you go places.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

spud

Post by spud »

+1 to Venus

Im on week 3 (yes it hurts to say that) but I think if you make good use of that time everything will be ok. Read the law book, study where you go from time to time for tatical information. And try to get into the mindset you need to be in.

So far its not too bad, But I have about 5 weeks to go :(

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Very good word from both of you. Me thinks some of us who are enjoying the WR laughs may need to get a little more serious w/ the time. It really can be put to excellent training use. Mental & physical. Good job to both of you. Especially back to back.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Diode

Post by Diode »

longtooth wrote:Very good word from both of you. Me thinks some of us who are enjoying the WR laughs may need to get a little more serious w/ the time. It really can be put to excellent training use. Mental & physical. Good job to both of you. Especially back to back.
Good point, I spent a lot of my Waiting Room time reading Masad Ayoob books, some of it dated but very good infomation and helpful. I also asked a lot of questions in here and of my friends I shoot with who carry.

jim

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

One of the best first posts ever. Now head over to the into area and do a proper one so we know what to call you :lol:

Skipper5

Re: 5 HOURS AND WAITING

Post by Skipper5 »

TEXASGIANT wrote:OK I GOT MY APP IN THE MAIL ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO AND NOTHING, NOT A PEEP! I HAVE ALL OF THESE TRACKING RECIEPTS TRUNING YELLOW IN MY HAND. :banghead:
GREAT SITE SHOULD KEEP ME UNDER CONTROL WHILE I KEEP A CLOSE WATCH ON THE MAIL BOX.
OK, OK, OK, I'LL BE OK.
Don't worry TexasGiant.....after the second week...you start talking to your dog..Week three...you blame the dog on taking off with the mail!....Week 5 ...you offer bribes to your US Postman...up to Week 7....you have moss growing on the northside of your rocking chair by the mailbox...then lordy, lordy...it's better than Aunt Bee's pecan pie from Mayberry as Dep. Barney Fife, in person [rip] delivers your #10 size evelope from Austin... Hang in there pal.....welcome to the Waiting Room!

Diode

Post by Diode »

^^^ :headscratch That sounds real familar

kw5kw

Re: 5 HOURS AND WAITING

Post by kw5kw »

Skipper5 wrote:
TEXASGIANT wrote:OK I GOT MY APP IN THE MAIL ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO AND NOTHING, NOT A PEEP! I HAVE ALL OF THESE TRACKING RECIEPTS TRUNING YELLOW IN MY HAND. :banghead:
OK, OK, OK, I'LL BE OK.
Don't worry TexasGiant.....after the second week...you start talking to your dog..Week three...you blame the dog on taking off with the mail!....Week 5 ...you offer bribes to your US Postman...up to Week 7....you have moss growing on the northside of your rocking chair by the mailbox...then lordy, lordy...it's better than Aunt Bee's pecan pie from Mayberry as Dep. Barney Fife, in person [rip] delivers your #10 size evelope from Austin... Hang in there pal.....welcome to the Waiting Room!
Then you get to put in your ONE cartridge! :shock: :lol:

Scroggwe

Post by Scroggwe »

TEXASGIANT, I believe we were in El Gato's class together, last Saturday.

Diode

Post by Diode »

Scroggwe wrote:TEXASGIANT, I believe we were in El Gato's class together, last Saturday.
Lemme Guess, he was the one pacing?
:lol:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”