And the wait continues

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
barres
Posts in topic: 7

And the wait continues

Post by barres »

Just saw Bones3's post that he received his license today. I noticed in his timeline that his packet arrived in Austin 23 days after my packet originally made it into their hands. I'm still kicking myself for overlooking the signature required on the TR-100. If I had signed that simple slip of paper, I probably would have had my license for a coupke of weeks or more by now, and wouldn't have had to disarm every time I got out of my vehicle when we went to visit my in-laws in Houston last weekend.

So, thanks to my own carelessness/stupidity, I am on day 84 from original receipt and day 34 since they got the signed TR-100 back, and the online tracking system still shows "Processing application." I finally got my PIN letter dated May 19, so, using Bones3's timeline as a guide, I should have just over two more weeks of waiting. Yippie! Just in time to miss being a Father's Day gift!

Sorry to be such a kill-joy, but I want everyone to remember to double-check every sheet of paper in their application packet to make sure it is signed, if need be.

Bones3
Posts in topic: 1

Keep The Faith

Post by Bones3 »

barres

Nothing to be sorry about; waiting ain't fun, but yours will be here soon.
:seeya:
Bones
Texas CHL Holder

Topic author
barres

Post by barres »

Well, I hope I don't hack Ms. Leach off at the DPS, but I sent her another e-mail today. Basically just asking how much longer I'll have to wait. And pleading for my license to arrive before my little trip over the Father's Day weekend. We'll see how much good it does me...

I'm trying to be patient. Really, I am. It's been 87 days since the DPS got my packet originally, and 37 days since they got the signed TR-100 back. [Where is that thumb-twiddling emoticon?]

Diode
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Diode »

I feel for ya buddy! Hang in there! !

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

barres wrote: [Where is that thumb-twiddling emoticon?]
Don't have one. Use the foot patter. :totap: Maybe Charles will find us one. :thumbsup:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Glory. Flint, LOOK WHAT I DID. :hurry:
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
barres

Post by barres »

:totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap:

No response from Waldene Leach, yet. Part of me is hoping she'll hold off replying for a day or two so that she can say it is going into the mail that day. Part of me wants to know something right now. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm afraid I'll end up being a pain in the rear, because I don't understand why this is taking so long.

Longtooth, thanks for the foot-tapper. I guess I overlooked that one!

:totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Glad to help w/ such an important need.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

longtooth wrote:
barres wrote: [Where is that thumb-twiddling emoticon?]
Don't have one. Use the foot patter. :totap: Maybe Charles will find us one. :thumbsup:
If anyone sees one send me the link and I'll get it. I haven't seen any.

Chas.

Topic author
barres

One BIG step closer!

Post by barres »

Never got a reply from Ms. Leach, but she must have worked some magic, because this morning I checked my status, and it says, "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active!" :grin: Now we'll see if it can get here in time for me to use it for my little trip on Father's Day.

Now my wife will think I've actually taken an interest in lawn work, as I mow the lawn daily to unobtrusively watch for the mail arriving!

BTW, Charles, I've never actually seen a thumb-twiddling emoticon, but the idea described what I was doing at the time. The foot-tapper was close enough. Oh, and no dancer, yet: I don't have the license in hand.

GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

Hey, Barres, there is room to swing on this gate for you, too! Nothing in today's mail, but the online kicked over to Application complete. One day closer.

DH is still waiting on paperwork, apparently it is a county holdup..? Our applications were received March 7

Diode

Re: One BIG step closer!

Post by Diode »

barres wrote: Now my wife will think I've actually taken an interest in lawn work, as I mow the lawn daily to unobtrusively watch for the mail arriving!
Congrats! The Mailman wait is fun. I don't get home before the mail arrives so I always had the Slow Walk to the street and open the box slowly and fan thru the letters, DANG! nothing again.... that went on for a week. Then one day I got home and the mail was on the counter... the wife had beat me to the box....Argh! I asked her if there was a letter for me .she said she didn't notice one.... Little did I know she had placed my letter at the bottom of the stack of mail..... Women can be so mean ;-) So I had to sort thru 750 pieces of Pre approved Credit Card applications, 420 "You Have Won" letters and 64 letter addressed to people whom I have never even heard of......and then..... there it was! Such a pretty little envelope. It all seems so long ago.... <sigh> :anamatedbanana

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KD5NRH »

barres wrote:Now my wife will think I've actually taken an interest in lawn work, as I mow the lawn daily to unobtrusively watch for the mail arriving!
Now I've got another issue; I work Sunday nights, and someone has taken to smashing several of the mailboxes along our road about once a month on Sunday night/Monday morning between 11PM and 7AM. They usually settle for just bashing them a bit, which I can straighten out enough to get mail, but this time they destroyed ours and uprooted the landlord's entirely. :mad5

Oh well...still "Processing," so I guess I'll have to take a night off soon to sit out there with a camera and wait.

Diode

Post by Diode »

KD5NRH wrote:
barres wrote:Now my wife will think I've actually taken an interest in lawn work, as I mow the lawn daily to unobtrusively watch for the mail arriving!
Now I've got another issue; I work Sunday nights, and someone has taken to smashing several of the mailboxes along our road about once a month on Sunday night/Monday morning between 11PM and 7AM. They usually settle for just bashing them a bit, which I can straighten out enough to get mail, but this time they destroyed ours and uprooted the landlord's entirely. :mad5

Oh well...still "Processing," so I guess I'll have to take a night off soon to sit out there with a camera and wait.
I always wanted to have a 1/4 in. steel one made and bury the pipe it sits on about 6 feet in the ground. Get a cold beer and wait for them to hit it with a metal bat and watch it bounce back at smack them in the head. Never got around to it but it is on my long list of fun things to do.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KD5NRH »

Diode wrote:I always wanted to have a 1/4 in. steel one made and bury the pipe it sits on about 6 feet in the ground. Get a cold beer and wait for them to hit it with a metal bat and watch it bounce back at smack them in the head. Never got around to it but it is on my long list of fun things to do.
GMTA...we were just discussing either making a heavy steel box to set on a section of railroad rail, or just a concrete insert for the box to be put in when we get Saturday's mail and removed on my way home from work Monday morning, well before the mail runs.

I've thought about a decoy box cast from solid metal or concrete, painted to look like a cheap tin one, too.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”