How many others here are at 80 plus days?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
strongsteve
Posts in topic: 1

How many others here are at 80 plus days?

Post by strongsteve »

I am now at 80 days and am quite disgusted. Everything was in order with my packet and there have been no delays on my part. They are blaming the FBI and give me very generic responses when I inquire like it is no big deal. How many other folks have been waiting this long??

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Not any more - but I did when I got my license. 1 December 2004 to the last week of March 2005 was my wait time. I hope you get it soon.

quidni

Post by quidni »

My son waited 86 days for his.

It's nice having more than one in the family now.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Yes maam it is. I have Mom. Sure wish I could get the kids. My son-in-law & daughter are so nieve. Daughter has even said, "Dad, when we are out I am glad you have yours but I just never waht to think about it."
So, I guess if you don't think about it then nothing will happen. :banghead: Guess i ought to save a lot of money & time. Just sell all guns & stop thinking. :roll:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

My entire family has CHL except for 1 daughter, She is married to a dumbocrat (even some democrates are pro 2a so he is a dumbocrat).

He thinks because they live and work in nice areas of town (Clear Lake?) nothing will happen to them.He won't even consider carrying or let her carry. I have talked to them until I'm blue in the face with no success.

Sad part is she had her CHL before getting married. Let it expire to please him. (won't go into what I told him because of the 10 year old rule)

Well, as my mother said, you can't decide who your kids marry.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

AggieMM

Re: How many others here are at 80 plus days?

Post by AggieMM »

strongsteve wrote:I am now at 80 days and am quite disgusted. Everything was in order with my packet and there have been no delays on my part. They are blaming the FBI and give me very generic responses when I inquire like it is no big deal. How many other folks have been waiting this long??
Seems I got the same answer on mine too. It took 95 days. Be patient, it will come, but I'd continue to call once a week to remind them that you’re over the 60 days. I know, it's frustrating, but it is definitely worth the wait. :grin:

Ryan

GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

DH is getting very discouraged. Been waiting a week for the letter explaining why his application is incomplete after waiting over 110 days. He is now at 4 months.

pfgrone

Add 2 more to 80 day list

Post by pfgrone »

My wife and I are at 80 days waiting today (7/12/2006). Sent the following email to Ms. Leach at DPS and received her response back today. I'll let you know whether or not we receive the CHLs next week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:27 PM
To: Leach, Waldene
Subject: CHL Status ? 80 days passed

As of July 12, it has been 80 days since the CHL applications for my wife and were received at DPS. Neither of us have been notified of any problems with the application process. Is something holding up both of our applications?

Is there anything I need to do to expedite the process?

We would appreciate any word you can give us. Thank you.
Regards,
(Name and identifying information for my wife and I followed)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your license will be mailed this week. (Her response - note singular tense, not plural. Wonder if she actually read the email.)

p.s. A couple of weeks ago, I was in Austin and stopped by the DPS on Lamar to pick up a current handgun laws booklet since I recv'd an older version at my CHL class. I know its available online, but I didn't want to print out that many pages. Was sent to the CHL office a few blocks away on Denson St (or something like that). The receptionist had a slew of people swarming her desk and she looked somewhat harried but was pleasant in trying to deal with everyone as fast as she could. She didn't know where the handbooks were located and put me on the phone with someone who was hesitant to agree to send me one. The lady on the phone said she'd send one in the mail. I never got it. I was also not impressed with a uniformed man leaning against the wall with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth. Didn't really notice if he was a hired security guard or a trooper since it was my turn to talk to the receptionist. I've never seen a trooper act in an unprofessional manner and have the greatest respect for the state troopers I have dealt with or observed.
Whew, this was a long one. Paul

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”