A Snail's Pace Is Faster, Believe Me!!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

smschulz
Posts in topic: 4

Post by smschulz »

Patriot wrote:Congrats smschulz!!!! :lol: :shock: :grin: :o

How long did you have to wait from mailing to getting it in the mail?
Class > 6/10
Mailed in > 6/18
PIN in Mail > 7/18
Card in Hand > 9/29

player_twister
Posts in topic: 1

Post by player_twister »

Congrads, Don't freak out when you first carry. Everyone's not actually looking at you printing the butt of your gun on your shirt side. LOL. Actually, You'll get used to it. Make sure you have a good holster, somthing that will tuck close in. A custom leather always works well.

Topic author
Patriot
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Patriot »

Hey all!

Guess what the Texasonline website still says? Yup... that's right... "Processing Application". Yet... guess what I received in the mail Saturday? Yup... you got it right again! It's my CHL!!!! Yippee! :o :grin:
Now to carry in public... OY! I have practiced a lot! Yet... I always wonder about "printing" just as the previous post mentioned. Oh well, I suppose you gotta know what you're looking for to know if someone is carrying or not.

So, to all of you out there that were in my shoes... CALL THEM! They are not updating their site as often as they should. Why? They are too overwhelmed.

So, let's see... it took a total of 63 days to get my CHL in the mail. That's not all that bad I guess from all I've read.

Keep your chin up and smile... it'll be here 'fore ya know it! :smile:
(Plus... Smile a lot and everyone will wonder what you're up to!!) :lol:
Patriot:patriot:

Always Remember... Freedom Isn't FREE!!

Honor The RED, WHITE & BLUE -- Why? -- 'Cause These Colors DON'T Run! (And NEVER Will!)

God Bless The USA!!

SW40VE

Post by SW40VE »

Same exact thing happened to me, Patriot. I checked online Saturday morning, still said precessing application. Went to the gun show, went out to the range for a while, came home and checked my mail, and there it was!

I've already been to TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, Academy, and took a walk with my son around the neighborhood. I'll be heading to Walmart in a few minutes.
Springfield Armory XD 9mm Service
Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
ROHM RG-26
Yugo SKS (DIY USA Transplant)
56 days to receive my CHL

Topic author
Patriot

Post by Patriot »

CONGRATS SW40VE!!!!

10/07/06.... has a good ring to it, huh? :lol:

I have yet been anywhere. We were out of town until this afternoon, so I just wanted to stay home. So... this week will be my "virgin" public carry! HAHA!!

Honor The RED, WHITE & BLUE -- Why? -- 'Cause These Colors DON'T Run! (And NEVER Will!)

God Bless The USA!!

SW40VE

Post by SW40VE »

I found it to be no big deal really, since I'd been carrying at home almost constantly. I have even fallen asleep with it on my waist, so I guess I have gotten comfortable with it. I wasn't really paranoid at all with my first few excursions, but I did do a few shirt checks.
ROHM RG-26

GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

I've been carrying since June and Hubby finally doesn't ask anymore if I am carrying, he just assumes I am.

Went shopping with 16 yr old daughter last week and took my jacket off because of the heat, and she asked if I was carrying. I was but she wasn't sure. It is a comfortable feeling.

Topic author
Patriot

Post by Patriot »

My biggest thing is buying new shirts big enough to hide the bulge of my .40 cal Baby Eagle. When I carry my .380, it's no big deal 'cause there's no real bulge with that gun.

Anyone got any suggestions about clothing? I usually wear polo style shirts or button up short-sleeve shirts (like Hawaiian) except in the winter... that is IF we have a winter this year! I wear shorts almost year round, again except for winter when I wear my jeans and boots. Anyway... any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

God Bless The USA!!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

You are on target w the polo shirts & Hawaiian. Try them on w/ your carry rig. Don't guess. If there is a seamstress in the family get her to square the bottom of a taylored shirt. Take the high point on the side as the length & make a square tail shirt out of your favorite. I have several & they work good for IWB.
Vest in the winter for OWB.
Shorts or jeans?? just have a good belt & all is well.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

JKDubb

Post by JKDubb »

Patriot wrote:My biggest thing is buying new shirts big enough to hide the bulge of my .40 cal Baby Eagle. !

I have the same pistol, i was wondering what holster you were using? I do not take my class until the 14th of October and I have yet to venture out and look for a nice carry rig. I figure with the long wait for the plastic I will have time to try out quite a few.
Don't get caught acting stupid in the no stupid zone

76 days from packet to plastic!

Topic author
Patriot

Post by Patriot »

Thanks for the good advise longtooth! I appreciate it.

JKDubb... here's the one I use for both my Ruger P95 and my Baby Eagle. Just click the link
>>>>>http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp?Pr ... atalogID=4

I found mine on eBay though for around $20! Check eBay first before you buy new. Hope it helps.

BTW... for my .380 and my 9 Mil, I also use the Fobus paddle holster. They are very unique and work good. The only thing on those... I have to break them in more, because the holster has a "trigger lock" in it and it is quite stiff. But no one can pull your gun out of your holster... that's FOR SURE!

My shoulder holster for my Baby Eagle and my 9 is a Don Hume horizontal draw. It's great and will come in very handy in the winter when I wear my leather jacket.

Chat at ya later... :smile:

God Bless The USA!!

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skipper5 »

smschulz wrote:
Patriot wrote:Congrats smschulz!!!! :lol: :shock: :grin: :o

How long did you have to wait from mailing to getting it in the mail?
Class > 6/10
Mailed in > 6/18
PIN in Mail > 7/18
Card in Hand > 9/29
Belated congrats smschulz!!Carry well...n be safe!!
//John
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skipper5 »

SW40VE wrote:Same exact thing happened to me, Patriot. I checked online Saturday morning, still said precessing application. Went to the gun show, went out to the range for a while, came home and checked my mail, and there it was!

I've already been to TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, Academy, and took a walk with my son around the neighborhood. I'll be heading to Walmart in a few minutes.

Congrats SW40VE!....belatedly!!
Hope your Wally Walk went well...lol
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

SW40VE

Post by SW40VE »

Thanks.....Wally walk went good. The work walk didn't go so well due to nerves. I was very paranoid considering, if exposed, I would lose my job. The price you pay I guess. Someone once posted, and I wish I could give proper credit, but it went like this; "You can always get another job, you can't get another life....". This is a good piece of advice.

Now I just need to find a smaller carry weapon, this XD9 service is killing my hip and lower back.
ROHM RG-26

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”