Texas.gov online status check

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

kelledin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas.gov online status check

Post by kelledin »

Just today my status changed to include the address/lost-license etc. options, so I will hopefully get plastic in the mail soon!

Class 6/7
Application 6/17
Prints 6/21
Online forms submission 6/30
UPDATE: 7/19 plastic! :anamatedbanana
Last edited by kelledin on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 20

Post by CoolBreeze »

kelledin wrote:Just today my status changed to include the address/lost-license etc. options, so I will hopefully get plastic in the mail soon!

Class 6/7
Application 6/17
Prints 6/21
Online forms submission 6/30
:drool:
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

Setxjeff
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Setxjeff »

My Wife and I both took class, fingerprints ect. and sent in our on-line applications at the same time.

Both Applications e-mailed on 06/21/2014 and Both on-line status changed 07/18/2014
Hopefully the plastic is in the mail.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

Numbertwo

Post by Numbertwo »

sent all my stuff out 7/21.. checked the page yesterday after checking everyday for 3 weeks.. can't wait for it to come sometime this week :thewave

bigredski
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bigredski »

First post here. Thought I would share my experience so far. I took my class in January of this year, and within around 2 weeks I had completed the fingerprinting, application, and payment process. I then began attempting to submit everything online. I always seemed to get an error message when the upload appeared to be complete. I tried from multiple computers at work, and at home, using different browsers. Always getting the same error message at the end. I even used the "Contact Us" option to ask if the system was down, or if someone could offer any help. After 3 or 4 days, I did receive a reply back simply stating that there was "no attachment" with my request, which obviously did not answer my question. I eventually ended up mailing in all my paperwork at the tail end of April. Here I sit on July 21st with nothing and my status screen is blank with no "change address option" as some of you have described. I am former military from the 80's with no criminal background whatsoever. All paperwork was filled out correctly and mailed to the correct address on the paperwork. At this point, I have pretty much just erased the thought that this will ever happen, and have since quit logging in to get a status check, or getting a little excited when I go through the mail. Just thought I would share the story in the event that others are having the same experience. The system doesn't seem to be working as it should.

joppaknox

Post by joppaknox »

bigredski wrote:First post here. Thought I would share my experience so far. I took my class in January of this year, and within around 2 weeks I had completed the fingerprinting, application, and payment process. I then began attempting to submit everything online. I always seemed to get an error message when the upload appeared to be complete. I tried from multiple computers at work, and at home, using different browsers. Always getting the same error message at the end. I even used the "Contact Us" option to ask if the system was down, or if someone could offer any help. After 3 or 4 days, I did receive a reply back simply stating that there was "no attachment" with my request, which obviously did not answer my question. I eventually ended up mailing in all my paperwork at the tail end of April. Here I sit on July 21st with nothing and my status screen is blank with no "change address option" as some of you have described. I am former military from the 80's with no criminal background whatsoever. All paperwork was filled out correctly and mailed to the correct address on the paperwork. At this point, I have pretty much just erased the thought that this will ever happen, and have since quit logging in to get a status check, or getting a little excited when I go through the mail. Just thought I would share the story in the event that others are having the same experience. The system doesn't seem to be working as it should.
I would call them if I were you. sorry it is taking so long.

bigredski

Post by bigredski »

[/quote]
I would call them if I were you. sorry it is taking so long.[/quote]

I failed to mention that I have called, and was told the stock answer of "It could take 60 days or more". I also tried the "Contact Us" option about 5 days ago, and no response as of yet.

jmra
Posts in topic: 8

Post by jmra »

bigredski wrote:First post here. Thought I would share my experience so far. I took my class in January of this year, and within around 2 weeks I had completed the fingerprinting, application, and payment process. I then began attempting to submit everything online. I always seemed to get an error message when the upload appeared to be complete. I tried from multiple computers at work, and at home, using different browsers. Always getting the same error message at the end. I even used the "Contact Us" option to ask if the system was down, or if someone could offer any help. After 3 or 4 days, I did receive a reply back simply stating that there was "no attachment" with my request, which obviously did not answer my question. I eventually ended up mailing in all my paperwork at the tail end of April. Here I sit on July 21st with nothing and my status screen is blank with no "change address option" as some of you have described. I am former military from the 80's with no criminal background whatsoever. All paperwork was filled out correctly and mailed to the correct address on the paperwork. At this point, I have pretty much just erased the thought that this will ever happen, and have since quit logging in to get a status check, or getting a little excited when I go through the mail. Just thought I would share the story in the event that others are having the same experience. The system doesn't seem to be working as it should.
Call your state representative.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

Setxjeff wrote:My Wife and I both took class, fingerprints ect. and sent in our on-line applications at the same time.

Both Applications e-mailed on 06/21/2014 and Both on-line status changed 07/18/2014
My wife received Her license today 07/23/2014 32 Calendar Days :thumbs2: Mine was not in the mailbox :confused5
TSRA Member

Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Ok guys...I thought the time would have never come...I've enjoyed this waiting room, but on this day....this day the dps and regulatory Gods have answered my prayers...ladies and gentleman

MY CHL HAS ARRIVED!!! :thewave :cheers2: :anamatedbanana :clapping: :coolgleamA: :smash: :fire :txflag:

It has been a fun 74 day mailbox to mailbox wait (not really) and I hate to go, but I can't stay here. So here's to my last beer and shot of whiskey in the waiting room and here's a farewell to all of you fellow waiter minions that listened to all my rants and dealt with my impatience...I bid you good luck and may you receive yours soon too. I'll be around to answer anyone's questions since most just get their license and leave. Good luck and good bye, for now.

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

Setxjeff wrote:
Setxjeff wrote:My Wife and I both took class, fingerprints ect. and sent in our on-line applications at the same time.

My wife received Her license today 07/23/2014 32 Calendar Days :thumbs2: Mine was not in the mailbox :confused5
My license came in TODAY 33 Calendar Days.
TSRA Member

interesting10

Post by interesting10 »

Congratulations to all whom received theirs today!!!!! :roll: :cheers2:
Interesting10

synsei
Posts in topic: 7

Post by synsei »

6/21 CHL class completed
6/26 FAST fingerprints completed | Application submitted electronically | RSD Confirmation email received
6/27 "Waiting for required materials" message on the website
7/1 No status | Used email form to request a status check and confirm all was copacetic | Response pending
8/1 New "Change Information" Screen on the DPS website | License should be in the mail soon
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."- John Stuart Mill

ryanj

Post by ryanj »

I got the change on the status page on 8/1 as well. So I'll be watching my mailbox over the next week like a hawk!

Timeline:
App online 06/04
Class and fingerprints 7/12 (crossfire)
Training cert and other docs received at DPS 7/16
Status page change 8/1
Plastic (this week?)

mtnthundr2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mtnthundr2 »

CONGRATULATIONS Pluto!!!!

It sure has been a LONG time coming, hasn't it?!?!?! You should get the award for "Patience While Waiting" :txflag:

Enjoy your first carry!
5-28-14 Upload documents - 6-26-14 plastic in hand
~ Never let your fear decide your fate ~

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”