August 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Re: August 2014

Post by jmra »

txcowboyingup78 wrote:Well I got good news today. My plastic is in print stage. Well I talked to my state representative last week and told him everything I saw and heard. He wasn't very happy and was calling. I think it did good. A supervisor called me yesterday and I told him all about it. Yes it was Travis county holding up on my arrest that was dismissed in 07
Glad it got resolved. Congrats.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

bmoorekumplete
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bmoorekumplete »

bmoorekumplete wrote:
bmoorekumplete wrote:Well.......here I am :coolgleamA:

Online application submitted: 8/15
Class completed: 8/16
CHL-100 submitted online: 8/16 (email confirming receipt on 8/18)
Fingerprints submitted: 8/18
(I didn't submit the form with the barcode or the FAST form. I was told this wasn't necessary)

I'm seeing people report receiving their plastic in two weeks and others still waiting after two months. :confused5
Hoping for a speedy process. Let's see how this goes. I'll be waiting not so patiently :waiting:
I checked my status this morning and can see the change address option. That was fast! :anamatedbanana Hoping to have my plastic soon.
Thirteen days from application to plastic in hand. Not bad at all. My short wait has come to an end. Good day gentlemen. :tiphat:

jmra

Post by jmra »

bmoorekumplete wrote:
bmoorekumplete wrote:
bmoorekumplete wrote:Well.......here I am :coolgleamA:

Online application submitted: 8/15
Class completed: 8/16
CHL-100 submitted online: 8/16 (email confirming receipt on 8/18)
Fingerprints submitted: 8/18
(I didn't submit the form with the barcode or the FAST form. I was told this wasn't necessary)

I'm seeing people report receiving their plastic in two weeks and others still waiting after two months. :confused5
Hoping for a speedy process. Let's see how this goes. I'll be waiting not so patiently :waiting:
I checked my status this morning and can see the change address option. That was fast! :anamatedbanana Hoping to have my plastic soon.
Thirteen days from application to plastic in hand. Not bad at all. My short wait has come to an end. Good day gentlemen. :tiphat:
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

txcowboyingup78
Posts in topic: 10

Post by txcowboyingup78 »

Ya I'm glad it's over. I've already picked out what I'm wearing for my wally walk. A burned Orange Hawaiian shirt with shorts and crocs. To top that off a straw cowboy hat lol. I'll be packing my J frame Smith a Wesson 38 special. :txflag: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't get the point, Woodrow, I've walked the earth in my pride all these years. If that's lost, then let the rest be lost with it. There's certain things my vanity won't abide.

LOL

Post by LOL »

First post here....and I'll start with an embarrassing admission: Several years ago I went through CHL class, qualifying and the ___________ part of getting passport photos and all the paperwork done. I even paid for everything. I never sent it in. Ever. Yeah, not real proud of that. Anyway, fast forward and this time I didn't make the same mistake. Everything completed, paid for AND submitted. Now, I wait.

CHL Class: 8/23/14
CHL Qual: 8/26/14
Submitted FAST and CHl100 online: 8/27/14
DPS emailed me confirming receipt of docs: 8/28/14
Begin unrealistic hourly checks of DPS website for application status: 8/29/14

robzgunz
Posts in topic: 2

Post by robzgunz »

I just did my Online Renewal yesterday (8/29). The 'Checklist' email said they'd check my prints & photo already on file and would send notification if they needed to be redone.
Uploaded my DD214 to the RSD site and got a reply (from a human, no less) that it was received ok, within an Hr.
It says to allow 6 Weeks, but since my Change of Address only took a little over a week, my hopes are up.

adrbe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by adrbe »

Hello everyone.

8/25: Submitted online application
8/26: Class
8/28: FAST
8/28: Submitted CHL-100 online
8/29: Received email confirmation for CHL-100 submission

Edit:
9/18: Status update

Edit:
9/20: Card received
Last edited by adrbe on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

LOL

Re: August 2014 *UPDATE*

Post by LOL »

LOL wrote:First post here....and I'll start with an embarrassing admission: Several years ago I went through CHL class, qualifying and the ___________ part of getting passport photos and all the paperwork done. I even paid for everything. I never sent it in. Ever. Yeah, not real proud of that. Anyway, fast forward and this time I didn't make the same mistake. Everything completed, paid for AND submitted. Now, I wait.

Status on RSD site updated today to include options to "Change Information" with the assorted links. I'm assuming this means it has been mailed. If so, I should receive it no later than Monday, which would make it around 10 days mailbox to mailbox...or 8 days if it gets here Saturday.

LOL

Re: August 2014 *UPDATE*

Post by LOL »

LOL wrote:
LOL wrote:First post here....and I'll start with an embarrassing admission: Several years ago I went through CHL class, qualifying and the ___________ part of getting passport photos and all the paperwork done. I even paid for everything. I never sent it in. Ever. Yeah, not real proud of that. Anyway, fast forward and this time I didn't make the same mistake. Everything completed, paid for AND submitted. Now, I wait.

Status on RSD site updated today to include options to "Change Information" with the assorted links. I'm assuming this means it has been mailed. If so, I should receive it no later than Monday, which would make it around 10 days mailbox to mailbox...or 8 days if it gets here Saturday.

Plastic in hand. 11 days, including holiday weekend. Good luck to those waiting.

dexraven
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dexraven »

First time post.

Well I must be the luckiest person ever.

Fingerprinting done Aug 13
Class taken Aug 14
Paperwork sent in (CHL-100, Fingerprinting Paperwork, and DD form 214) Aug 14
(edit*) Received confirmation email from actual person Aug 14

Still waiting. Kinda is discouraging when you see other who did it after you get it before you... you lucky dogs!!!

*Second edit* Called today (Sept 17) to ask what the status of my application is and they told me that it was still being processed. The ridiculous thing is that I was told back on August 23 that my background check had passed and that they had received all of my information. This whole situation is getting kind of annoying real quick. Pray for me people. :waiting: :banghead:

*Third edit* Checked status today (Oct 10) and still no change. Gonna call soon to check on the status since it has been over 8 weeks now. If no word comes from the call, a quick call to the congressman is in order.
Last edited by dexraven on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoolBreeze »

dexraven wrote:First time post.

Class taken Aug 14

Still waiting. Kinda is discouraging when you see other who did it after you get it before you... you lucky dogs!!!
Welcome to the forum!
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

jmra

Post by jmra »

dexraven wrote:First time post.

Class taken Aug 14

Welcome to the forum. Hope your wait is short.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

robzgunz
Posts in topic: 2

Post by robzgunz »

robzgunz wrote:I just did my Online Renewal yesterday (8/29). The 'Checklist' email said they'd check my prints & photo already on file and would send notification if they needed to be redone.
Uploaded my DD214 to the RSD site and got a reply (from a human, no less) that it was received ok, within an Hr.
It says to allow 6 Weeks, but since my Change of Address only took a little over a week, my hopes are up.
Update: I haven't bothered calling, or anything like that, but since some reportedly got their renewals within a couple weeks, I have been logging into the renewal page and checking for a status update.
The only thing I've been seeing is: "CHL APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending CHL application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required."

I guess, since I haven't received anything in the mail saying they can't reuse my Photo, or Fingerprints, that's a good thing.

[EDIT] Mon, 9/22/14:
Got a letter from the State today (uh oh...) A note saying they need something more???
Hmm... a 'Firm' section about the size of a CARD!!! YAY!
A bit over 3 Weeks (including Labor Day Weekend) Not bad. :)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”