August 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Re: August 2014

Post by jmra »

txcowboyingup78 wrote:Well I called about my status. I was told oh it's in the back ground stage. The lady was rud. She told me. Oh it's going to take at least 6 week. People are not getting their plastic less than that. Basically called me a lair. They still have the automatic deal on there go to the web page for status. She did say it's off the web page. I don't like being talked to like that. I dislike rude behavior n a person.
Call your state rep.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

txcowboyingup78
Posts in topic: 10

Post by txcowboyingup78 »

I called and left a message. I see it kinda messed up. First the issue couldn't send the paper for the class and had to send it to a supervisor. Then the letter about the finger prints and being talked to rude. I have another ace in the hole. My buddy is running for the big AG and I've let him know. He wasn't happy and is going to call and he has a chm waiting. I might call in the morning so and call a bluff on them. Well it's not a bluff since I did call left a message. They have it saying you can check your status and can't. LOL how many State trooper cars on if they knew. You figured they would be nicer.
You don't get the point, Woodrow, I've walked the earth in my pride all these years. If that's lost, then let the rest be lost with it. There's certain things my vanity won't abide.

AlgoaAggie91
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AlgoaAggie91 »

I got a letter today that said DPS couldn't process my application because the fingerprints weren't on file. My wife got one too. The letters were dated the day after we visited FAST. I called and the nice machine said there was a 17 minute wait but it then offered to call me back when my turn came up. What the heck... I went for it.

About 15 minutes later the phone rang and it was the nice machine again informing me that I was next in line. Very shortly a nice lady with a bubbly personality came on the line and listened to my issue. She very quickly looked up my application, informed me that the fingerprints had been received and that in fact my CHL had been issued already and was in the mail.
It should arrive tomorrow (er, later today now I guess looking at the clock). :anamatedbanana

Three days from fingerprinting to plastic in the mail. I love Texas!

EDIT:

8/6 Class Taken
8/7 Online CHL-100 submitted
8/12 Fingerprints scanned
8/15 License Issued (a Friday)
8/20 Joined NRA & [Pre-paid legal service]
8/21 Plastic in hand

15 days from class to card :woohoo

Dave
Last edited by AlgoaAggie91 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S&W M&P Shield 9

Does anyone know of a trick to help me remember the word 'mnemonic'?

bmoorekumplete
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bmoorekumplete »

Well.......here I am :coolgleamA:

Online application submitted: 8/15
Class completed: 8/16
CHL-100 submitted online: 8/16 (email confirming receipt on 8/18)
Fingerprints submitted: 8/18
(I didn't submit the form with the barcode or the FAST form. I was told this wasn't necessary)

I'm seeing people report receiving their plastic in two weeks and others still waiting after two months. :confused5
Hoping for a speedy process. Let's see how this goes. I'll be waiting not so patiently :waiting:

txcowboyingup78

Well I hope so. I called today and got promising news that it should be getting it soon. The guy said he doesn't see why it should be more than a few more days on the back ground. The wait is frustrating. It played off making sure they had all my stuff in to them
You don't get the point, Woodrow, I've walked the earth in my pride all these years. If that's lost, then let the rest be lost with it. There's certain things my vanity won't abide.

txcowboyingup78

Well I hope so. I called today and got promising news that it should be getting it soon. The guy said he doesn't see why it should be more than a few more days on the back ground. The wait is frustrating. It played off making sure they had all my stuff in to them

Undertaker57

Post by Undertaker57 »

Hi, I am new to the forum, but have been reading many posts recently. I stumbled upon this site after I signed up for my CHL class. Figured I would join the fun and add my two cents to the August waiting discussion. The wife and I registered online 8/1, we took the class on 8/2, submitted our paperwork (CHL 100, etc.) on 8/6, and did our fingerprints on 8/11. I was discouraged to not have a status-checking ability on the DPS website. I have been checking it daily, though, for the additional options that many have said mean that it is in the mail. This morning, 8/19, the page finally changed and now I have the telltale options such as change of address or report a lost license. Coincidentally, my wife's status also changed on the DPS website today. Hope that means our plastic is on the way.
God bless the Republic of Texas . . . and football!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Undertaker57 wrote:Hi, I am new to the forum, but have been reading many posts recently. I stumbled upon this site after I signed up for my CHL class. Figured I would join the fun and add my two cents to the August waiting discussion. The wife and I registered online 8/1, we took the class on 8/2, submitted our paperwork (CHL 100, etc.) on 8/6, and did our fingerprints on 8/11. I was discouraged to not have a status-checking ability on the DPS website. I have been checking it daily, though, for the additional options that many have said mean that it is in the mail. This morning, 8/19, the page finally changed and now I have the telltale options such as change of address or report a lost license. Coincidentally, my wife's status also changed on the DPS website today. Hope that means our plastic is on the way.
Welcome to the forum.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Blue Demon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blue Demon »

Undertaker57 wrote:Hi, I am new to the forum, but have been reading many posts recently. I stumbled upon this site after I signed up for my CHL class. Figured I would join the fun and add my two cents to the August waiting discussion. The wife and I registered online 8/1, we took the class on 8/2, submitted our paperwork (CHL 100, etc.) on 8/6, and did our fingerprints on 8/11. I was discouraged to not have a status-checking ability on the DPS website. I have been checking it daily, though, for the additional options that many have said mean that it is in the mail. This morning, 8/19, the page finally changed and now I have the telltale options such as change of address or report a lost license. Coincidentally, my wife's status also changed on the DPS website today. Hope that means our plastic is on the way.
My daughter got her CHL three days after the web site changed like you mention. Good luck!

bmoorekumplete

Post by bmoorekumplete »

bmoorekumplete wrote:Well.......here I am :coolgleamA:

Online application submitted: 8/15
Class completed: 8/16
CHL-100 submitted online: 8/16 (email confirming receipt on 8/18)
Fingerprints submitted: 8/18
(I didn't submit the form with the barcode or the FAST form. I was told this wasn't necessary)

I'm seeing people report receiving their plastic in two weeks and others still waiting after two months. :confused5
Hoping for a speedy process. Let's see how this goes. I'll be waiting not so patiently :waiting:
I checked my status this morning and can see the change address option. That was fast! :anamatedbanana Hoping to have my plastic soon.

firedrake2001

Post by firedrake2001 »

I submitted my CHL application on Aug 9th (same day I took the class) and had my fingerprints done on Aug 13th.
Last night I checked my mailbox and found a single piece of mail from the Texas DPS.
I eagerly opened the envelope to find... my new driver's license. :grumble
However this morning I checked the CHL website and found that the links have changed, so I'm expecting my CHL within a few days. :party:

I submitted a change of address for my driver's license the same day that I submitted my CHL application.

Undertaker57

Post by Undertaker57 »

Ok, whew! I finally got my plastic in the mail yesterday 8/22. My wife got hers the day before - kinda frustrating since getting the CHLs was my idea haha. For me, that makes 11 days from the state having everything that is needed to me getting it in the mail. Not bad!

Undertaker57

Post by Undertaker57 »

And fyi I went to Brookshire Brothers today after work for my first carry - felt great.
Good luck to all who are still waiting. Apparently, the state has gotten the turn-around time down quite a bit!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Undertaker57 wrote:Ok, whew! I finally got my plastic in the mail yesterday 8/22. My wife got hers the day before - kinda frustrating since getting the CHLs was my idea haha. For me, that makes 11 days from the state having everything that is needed to me getting it in the mail. Not bad!
Congrats
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

txcowboyingup78

Well I got good news today. My plastic is in print stage. Well I talked to my state representative last week and told him everything I saw and heard. He wasn't very happy and was calling. I think it did good. A supervisor called me yesterday and I told him all about it. Yes it was Travis county holding up on my arrest that was dismissed in 07

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”