August 2014

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

cultzombie
Posts in topic: 3

Re: August 2014

Post by cultzombie »

proheath wrote: My status on RSD's site does not even reflect receipt of application.
You're one of several people who's mentioned checking your status on the RSD site. I haven't been able to find that feature, and until now I figured it was an older feature that was no longer available. Can you post a link to the page where one can check the status of an application?

Thanks,
CZ

proheath

Post by proheath »

cultzombie wrote:
proheath wrote: My status on RSD's site does not even reflect receipt of application.
You're one of several people who's mentioned checking your status on the RSD site. I haven't been able to find that feature, and until now I figured it was an older feature that was no longer available. Can you post a link to the page where one can check the status of an application?

Thanks,
CZ
https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/

Towards the bottom of the page on the right, you'll see a section marked "returning users".
You'll need to log in using your DL# and DOB.
From there, you can make changes to an existing application, change name/address/etc. as well as check the status of an existing app.

Good luck!

txcowboyingup78
Posts in topic: 10

Post by txcowboyingup78 »

Well y'all might like this. I went got my prints done on AUGUST the 6th. I played with a check. Today in the mail I get a letter saying I didn't take my finger prints. Kinda funny I have a check copy I gave them. They had me in the system also.
You don't get the point, Woodrow, I've walked the earth in my pride all these years. If that's lost, then let the rest be lost with it. There's certain things my vanity won't abide.

firedrake2001

Post by firedrake2001 »

txcowboyingup78 wrote:Well y'all might like this. I went got my prints done on AUGUST the 6th. I played with a check. Today in the mail I get a letter saying I didn't take my finger prints. Kinda funny I have a check copy I gave them. They had me in the system also.
Did you submit your CHL application a while back and just get around to having your fingerprints done? The letter you received in the mail may have been sent before your fingerprints were sent in. When I submitted my application, I received an email that said if anything was missing they would notify me by mail (I'm not sure why they couldn't just send an email - it would be both quicker and cheaper).

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoolBreeze »

txcowboyingup78 wrote:Well y'all might like this. I went got my prints done on AUGUST the 6th. I played with a check. Today in the mail I get a letter saying I didn't take my finger prints. Kinda funny I have a check copy I gave them. They had me in the system also.
Welcome to the forum
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

CoolBreeze
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CoolBreeze »

firedrake2001 wrote:
Did you submit your CHL application a while back and just get around to having your fingerprints done? The letter you received in the mail may have been sent before your fingerprints were sent in. When I submitted my application, I received an email that said if anything was missing they would notify me by mail (I'm not sure why they couldn't just send an email - it would be both quicker and cheaper).
Welcome to the forum
The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. -Thomas Jefferson
Never Shoot a Large Caliber Man with a Small Caliber Bullet
IANAL - Please do not assume anything in my posts is legal advice

bauerdj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bauerdj »

I am renewing my CHL, submitted online on Friday August 8.and received the receipt and checklist (nothing required). Since then if I log in I have no choices except to apply for an instructors license. Is this normal or do I have a problem?

JNV24
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JNV24 »

wanted to post about another speedy process for all the other impatient folks out there like myself. took class on 8-2, fingerprints on 8-5 and mailed packet later that day. today the 15th I called and was told my license was issued yesterday the 14th and would receive it in the next few days. my online status never changed other than the links for information changes. good luck

firedrake2001

Post by firedrake2001 »

bauerdj wrote:I am renewing my CHL, submitted online on Friday August 8.and received the receipt and checklist (nothing required). Since then if I log in I have no choices except to apply for an instructors license. Is this normal or do I have a problem?
I think this is normal at this point in time.

cultzombie

Post by cultzombie »

Thanks, proheath, for the tips on checking status.

But even better, I got my plastic in the mail today!

Timeline:
7/13/14: Applied online.
7/23/14: electronic fingerprints in McKinney.
8/02/14: CHL class (Red River Firearms in Sherman -- a great place!)
8/04/14: submitted my CHL-100, along with a copy of the application confirmation email, online.
8/16/14: plastic in hand.

I thought I'd have more time to perfect my carry system; I didn't think that my Wilderness 5-stitch belt would take longer to arrive than my CHL.

- CZ

txcowboyingup78

Well I waited a week too do the online thing and had to get the prints done.lol untold my boss I had to get printed and that took a while 10 min. Well after I got the letter I was like dang what's up with this. Well I called the next day and they told me to disregard that letter and my criminal check was being done. The lady said it will be a few weeks. I'm on pin and needles
I got me a inside the holster for my 38 special Smith and Wesson that belonged to my grandpa. Lol he only shot it one time to kill a hog. I'm getting use to wearing here at the ranch. I'm waiting for it to get cooler outside so I can carry my American lighting in a shoulder holsters.
You don't get the point, Woodrow, I've walked the earth in my pride all these years. If that's lost, then let the rest be lost with it. There's certain things my vanity won't abide.

txcowboyingup78

Here's a question where in the heck do I find my status. The page where you apply. I go there and click on the other deal and it does nothing for me.

Topic author
Pluto
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pluto »

txcowboyingup78 wrote:Here's a question where in the heck do I find my status. The page where you apply. I go there and click on the other deal and it does nothing for me.
There isn't a status update anymore. The only thing you can do is call Austin or wait for the options to change your name, report a lost license, change address, etc. When you get those options it's on the way.

txcowboyingup78

Thanks. I thought I was doing something wrong. I think I should have my plastic next week. Then the Wally walk. Lmao

txcowboyingup78

Well I called about my status. I was told oh it's in the back ground stage. The lady was rud. She told me. Oh it's going to take at least 6 week. People are not getting their plastic less than that. Basically called me a lair. They still have the automatic deal on there go to the web page for status. She did say it's off the web page. I don't like being talked to like that. I dislike rude behavior n a person.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”