Stupid is as stupid does

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Nano-gal
Posts in topic: 2

Stupid is as stupid does

Post by Nano-gal »

Some 38 years ago I was arrested in Colorado. To make a long story short I was a victim of a violent crime nearly died, hospital stay 3 months when I got out of the hospital all I wanted to do was leave Dallas. Sometime later a friend said he had friend taking a car to Colorado for someone I believed him. He said he would like the company. I was very young so I said yes. We was stop in a small town in Colorado car was stolen! That's when I found out I was wanted in Dallas as a material witness. They held me in jail for a little while till I testified,one day the jailer came and told me I had been no billed I asked what that meant she said I was free. I asked if I had a record she said no. So 38 years I have lived believing that. I have bought guns have Real Estate License serious background check. I did not disclose I had been arrested on chl application called the other rsd app. has been processed but they said something popped up they had to clear. I have now gone to the Dallas County website and guess who's name pops up as being no billed on uuma. Now I am really worried they will deny me and not give me the chance to at least a repeal.
Sorry for the long post.
Thanks

lildave40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stupid is as stupid does

Post by lildave40 »

I am far no pro. But from what I have read on this forum you should be okay.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

Nano-gal first welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us. There's a wealth of information on this board and some great people here to get to know and help you through the process.

First of all, I would call DPS and ask to talk to a tech and tell him/her what you said here. Voice your concern. IMHO what you have described is not enough to deny you a CHL BUT it is enough for a delay.

THEN, I would make every to get what's called a 'disposition' on your arrest. It's a report on your arrest and how it was handled through your release. You'll then want to send it to DPS to be added to your file. If whoever you talk to says they 'have no record' of your arrest, then get a signed and sealed declaration that the agency that handled your arrest has no record of it.

In addition, you'll want to get 'dispositions' from every law enforcement agency where ever you've been arrested, photographed and booked, in your entire lifetime. I know it will be a royal pain, but DPS will require all those dispositions to process your application.

Hope that helps. And if you have more questions, ask away! We are glad to help! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Nano-gal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Nano-gal »

Thank you I call RDS yesterday and they had already sent my application to a tech. I also have everything ready to send to Dallas to get the no bill. That is the only thing on my record any where. Hope it is not to late. :txflag:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”