Long wait expected

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Gary P
Posts in topic: 1

Long wait expected

Post by Gary P »

So, 3 weeks ago I fished my course, got my dd 210, went online and paid the money, and mailed the forms. Next Tuesday, fingerprints. Last Wednesday called and was told the forms hadn't arrived. I told her I was in San Antonio, no way it took 2 weeks. She said well, it's probably in the building, but takes time to get to the processor. Check back IN TWO WEEKS. Today there is a recording saying to give it 30 days! This does not bode well. Any suggestions?

RPBrown

Re: Long wait expected

Post by RPBrown »

Yes, I have a suggestion. Have a little patience. If you do a search on here, wait times are getting shorter compared to a few years ago but they still have 60 days to complete it.

Spend the time you are waiting constructively by carrying around the house, getting used to the feel of the weapon, the additional weight on your hip, and what works best for concealment. Learn how to dress around your EDC.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

loktite

Re: Long wait expected

Post by loktite »

:iagree: patience indeed. Wait until Wednesday or Thursday of next week before you call back again to verify everything received. Then back to patience :waiting:
In addition to just practice carrying, don't forget to practice drawing (SAFELY please, NO LIVE AMMO), and dry firing too ( snap caps/ inert rounds recommended ). Don't forget to practice drawing from actual conceal, not just from the holster unconcealed - ie dress as you will be wearing it everyday.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”