Let the waiting begin.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

KaiJawn
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Let the waiting begin.

Post by KaiJawn »

I'm ready for mine to come in. Went into Printing on Oct. 1 and website changed on October 7. Hopefully today :/

Topic author
greenbeer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by greenbeer »

KaiJawn wrote:I'm ready for mine to come in. Went into Printing on Oct. 1 and website changed on October 7. Hopefully today :/
Sorry I left you out. I thought I saw you had received yours in another thread. 2/5 makes me feel a little better knowing my misery has a little more company
rytchard wrote: Well, now it will come in! Since you are ready! I am going to predict Friday or Monday! :thumbs2:

Let's hope your predictions continue to be accurate
In Sig I trust.

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

:woohoo Just hung up with the DPS and my plastic was issued yesterday. Should be here in a week or so. Now to set up the tent at the mailbox.
sweetmelissa wrote:Did you get yours yet, Greenbeer?
Any word on yours yet?
In Sig I trust.

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

So if you're about as normal as the rest of us, then you're still concerned that it could get lost in the mail.

Now would have an official license number. So even though you can't use it till you have it in hand, at least you know that it technically is officially yours!

So, I would think that you'll have it in your mailbox by Saturday. Let us know when it actually arrives.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

MW740
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MW740 »

Greenbeer, what day did you get confirmation that all of your documents were received by DPS, and do you know when your background check started? I received my confirmation of documents received on 9/13 and I jut spoke to DPS on 10/9 and was told that they just started my background check that day.

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

I got my confirmation email on 9/14/15. I have no idea when they started the background check. My fingerprints were done on 9/16.
In Sig I trust.

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

It's here. My plastic showed up in today's mail. All told just under 30 calendar days from last piece of info to the state, to plastic in hand!
In Sig I trust.

allisji

Post by allisji »

Congratulations! I bet it feels really good to have that little card. Doesn't it?
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

Like a kid on Christmas. I took my dog for a walk just to have an excuse to get out of the house.
In Sig I trust.

bortaz

Post by bortaz »

greenbeer wrote:Like a kid on Christmas. I took my dog for a walk just to have an excuse to get out of the house.

Hilarious.

I've been carrying now for about a month to a month and a half, and I finally got past the horrible habit of constantly "checking" my gun, and tugging on my shirt. The new Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 is so comfortable I actually sometimes can't tell I'm wearing it now.

Topic author
greenbeer

Post by greenbeer »

I've carried at all times save for work since. Maybe I'm a little off but for some reason I haven't been really worried about the whole pulling my shirt down or adjusting. i am still very aware of it being on me, just not too worked up over printing. I'm using a black dog concealment minimalist IWB with a P320 subcompact so it hides pretty easy even on my wiry 5'7" 115lb frame.
In Sig I trust.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”