Renewal wait has begun

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Renewal wait has begun

Post by TexasGuy »

Got a weird request for "Born out of Country Documents" and it is for a renewal. Not like in five years I lost my citizenship (I hope not). :patriot: Maybe it is a bug and nothing additional needed to send their way.

Specifically it is weird because of this what they sent me:

--------------------------

CHECKLIST:

- TxDPS will attempt to use the passport photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required.

- Born out of Country Documents.

----------------------------

So, they are saying that they will take my passport info for resubmitting. However, they still want a copy of my passport. Just to see if I know where my passport is?!?
Thus, it breaks logic two fold. One, if they have my passport to get a photo from, why ask me? If they had my passport info when I got my original CHL, what could have changed?!?

Just irks me. I am not sure what to do. Send them or hope they have all the info... :headscratch Can't they check Drivers License records or my voting registration?

LTCinHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal wait has begun

Post by LTCinHouston »

Passport photo is a type of photo, it is a little 2"X 3" head-shot. It is not literally the picture from your passport. I think they mean they are going to try to reuse the passport photos (headshots) you submitted when you first applied for a license.

I don't know what the "Born out of Country documents" refers to.

Topic author
TexasGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasGuy »

Got my renewal yesterday, in the end, did not send any documents at all. Less than a month total turnaround.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

My wife got her renewal yesterday. Less than a month.

telnetdoogie

Post by telnetdoogie »

Glad you closed the loop on this one, TexasGuy. I just submitted my renewal and was confused about the same checklist you mentioned. Not sure why they'd need to see the same passport as before (except that now mine is expired) and I emailed them to get clarity. Now I've seen that you didn't actually need anything additional I feel better that they'll keep my renewal application moving without waiting for me to send something else.

:cheers2:
Jase aka TelnetDoogie

-----
05/27/12 - Online App
05/30/12 - L1 Fingerprints
06/03/12 - Class Completed
06/04/12 - Mailed
06/14/12 - Materials Received
06/28/12 - Background check complete
06/29/12 - Manuf.
06/30/12 - License Mailed
07/05/12 - Plastic in hand!!

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I've renewed several times as a license holder and an instructor. I have to send them in my BOC paperwork every time. Doesn't make much sense but I already know ahead of time so I just send everything in each time.

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

What is BOC paperwork? Thanks.
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”