Sent renewal in on Nov. 28 via Internet ...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jbayless71
Posts in topic: 14

Sent renewal in on Nov. 28 via Internet ...

Post by jbayless71 »

And still waiting. Only thing showing on the status page is the option to sign up for instructor training. Called and they told me my app was still processing ... it's well over 45 days now.

Nothing on my record or anything ... I guess they are bogged down with new applications.

My license expired in January. I waited too long to submit, I guess. My initial CHL app went through really quickly a few years ago.

Impax
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sent renewal in on Nov. 28 via Internet ...

Post by Impax »

I'm in the same boat. I submitted for my renewal on 12/15/15. Mine expired in January too.

Topic author
jbayless71

Post by jbayless71 »

I wish the state would send a receipt or something when you submit a renewal -- My CHL is part of my qualification for ordering from the CMP . . . might help if I could somehow prove it's been in process since November. This may have cost me a chance to buy an M1 carbine from the CMP.

Why is the status page so useless? It makes reference to checking status, printing receipts and such, but all I see is the signup for instructor certification.

Topic author
jbayless71

Post by jbayless71 »

Got a call back in response to the e-mail query I sent them awhile back. My application is apparently at the "fingerprints under review" stage. It's a renewal, so they are using the same ones I submitted back in 2010.

Breny414
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Breny414 »

jbayless, for my own reference for when I renew for the first time, when was the earliest date that you could have submitted your renewal? Do they send a reminder of any kind?

Impax

Post by Impax »

They sent a reminder in the mail 6 months before mine expired. I just put it off until December 15 with my license expiring in January. The website changed for me on 2/6/16. Now I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail. This is my second renewal I believe.

Topic author
jbayless71

Post by jbayless71 »

Same here. They reminded me 6 months prior ... I was lazy and delayed renewing online until November. They charged my card immediately with the online renewal. This is my first renewal.

Topic author
jbayless71

Post by jbayless71 »

Still waiting. It seems like renewals are moving more slowly than new apps.

jkb8705
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jkb8705 »

jbayless71 wrote:Got a call back in response to the e-mail query I sent them awhile back. My application is apparently at the "fingerprints under review" stage. It's a renewal, so they are using the same ones I submitted back in 2010.
and it's still taking them this long on a renewal?
I'm a new applicant, everything submitted and confirmed on 12/4 and I've been in the "fingerprints under review" stage for a month. I called two days ago and they said they haven't been accepted or rejected and don't know what's going on. In the mean time, there are new applicants who submitted 3-15 days after me that have already received their plastic in late Jan and in the last several days. You should've already been processed as a renewal. Something is going on and it needs to be straightened out.

stars200

Post by stars200 »

Does anyone know how early you can renew? Mine expires this year, late in the year, but do not want to get caught with the license lapsing. After reading the OP message logged on to the website and I do not have the ability posted yet to renew. My wife will be taking her course in March to get her first license and thought about sending mine in for renewal about the same time. My DL also will expire this year.

Topic author
jbayless71

Post by jbayless71 »

I wonder if it would have been better to submit new prints. Seems like whatever process (or complete lack thereof) they have in place for reviewing existing prints is the bottleneck. I'm getting annoyed now, since folks are getting new plastic faster than renewals.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

Maybe they figured since you were not in a hurry, they didn't have to be. :evil2:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
jbayless71

Post by jbayless71 »

I'll be sure to renew as soon as I get the notification next time. :) It's been 76 days (about 50 business days, omitting holidays and weekends) since I submitted. Seems like this is a bit excessive for what should be a quick process. Going on vacation to New Mexico in a week ... would really like my LTC for the trip.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

stars200 wrote:Does anyone know how early you can renew? Mine expires this year, late in the year, but do not want to get caught with the license lapsing. After reading the OP message logged on to the website and I do not have the ability posted yet to renew. My wife will be taking her course in March to get her first license and thought about sending mine in for renewal about the same time. My DL also will expire this year.
6 months. At the 6 month point, they will send you a renewal notice and you're good to go. You do not HAVE to wait for the notice, but 6 months is the earliest you can renew.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

LTCinHouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LTCinHouston »

Guys, I got bad news...

I renewed my license in October, approximately 87 days before expiration. I received a confirmation email the following day.

I have called and spoke to three different people on the phone; each one reminds me to wait up 45 days to renew. I offer to them that I have waited about 100 days since I renewed online.

They dig a little deeper and tell me that it is still in the "fingerprints under review" stage. After a few calls and four weeks, I get a call back from a supervisor (she did not give her title and I forgot to ask), who tells me that my license... is still in the "fingerprints under review" stage.

Is there anyone we can talk to about this that is higher up the chain?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”