New LTC newbie

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Mr. Bean
Posts in topic: 3

Re: New LTC newbie

Post by Mr. Bean »

mmaddox93 wrote:The trick to that is call and press 1 right after words the recording comes on keep doing that and you will get in the call que and set up a call back it work wonders.... Call eaither early morning or later after noon around 6ish
Got thru and spoke to Daryll. Daryll was not as nice as Katy was described. Daryll advised not everyone necessarily receives an email confirming all docs have been received. Daryll then confirmed my app was received 12/23, my app has not been assigned a status, and it takes 2 to 3 months to process as an app. End of discussion.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

Hi everybody. Just an 'old timer' checking in on what you all are talking about. I feel your pain...I sure do. Back in 2009 when I was stuck in the 'Waiting Room'' the wait time was VERY typically 6-8 weeks. And it was not uncommon to have delays of 4-6 months. Depending on your complexity of your background check. That's because the DPS processing section was totally deluged with applications. I mean totally.

I think we are seeing that now. Those poor processors in DPS are working their tails off to get your apps processed as quickly as they can, I assure you.

I am so proud of you all of applying to get the LTC. It proves to me that we Texans ARE reaffirming our right to defends ourselves. We just need to remember that an overwhelming number of applicants are applying all at the same time. And that's a good thing!

PLEASE, give the processors time to process your application. I urge you to NOT call until AFTER 45 days AFTER they have received ALL of your documentation.

Remember folks, whenever you call and they are looking up stuff for you, that person is not processing applications, and has to drop what they are doing and research your file. And that takes time. Time better spent, IMO in their tireless processing of the hundreds of files that are awaiting them. :tiphat:

All I'm saying is, please be patient and give it a chance. Until then, please feel free to gripe, complain, bitch, and moan, and know that your are the legacy of others that follow you. :lol:

Please be patient, you'll get there grasshopper. :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
mmaddox93
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mmaddox93 »

agreed :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: i just wish is was a bit faster maybe 30days then boom LTC plastic in hand but it is what it is... in the mean time take it out on the range guys that is what i do carry around your house, maybe practice a little drawing from the holster. Perfect practice makes perfect right?

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

You need to wait about 60 days before calling. Calling everyday or once week is not going to speed the process up. Mine took 45 days back in the Spring of 2015. Good luck!!!

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GlassG19 »

joe817 wrote:Hi everybody. Just an 'old timer' checking in on what you all are talking about. I feel your pain...I sure do. Back in 2009 when I was stuck in the 'Waiting Room'' the wait time was VERY typically 6-8 weeks. And it was not uncommon to have delays of 4-6 months. Depending on your complexity of your background check. That's because the DPS processing section was totally deluged with applications. I mean totally.

I think we are seeing that now. Those poor processors in DPS are working their tails off to get your apps processed as quickly as they can, I assure you.

I am so proud of you all of applying to get the LTC. It proves to me that we Texans ARE reaffirming our right to defends ourselves. We just need to remember that an overwhelming number of applicants are applying all at the same time. And that's a good thing!

PLEASE, give the processors time to process your application. I urge you to NOT call until AFTER 45 days AFTER they have received ALL of your documentation.

Remember folks, whenever you call and they are looking up stuff for you, that person is not processing applications, and has to drop what they are doing and research your file. And that takes time. Time better spent, IMO in their tireless processing of the hundreds of files that are awaiting them. :tiphat:

All I'm saying is, please be patient and give it a chance. Until then, please feel free to gripe, complain, bitch, and moan, and know that your are the legacy of others that follow you. :lol:

Please be patient, you'll get there grasshopper. :thumbs2:

Your so right Joe, I'm sure that 99% of the people here know & believe that is true. And like a lot of folks think RDS (DPS) lead us to believe that we should just trust their system & "we can't" just because the many who've called after that 30-45 days & quote "we still have not received all doc's & or you haven't even started processing our app" & one (RDS) who may have said "you should have been already been processing let me get this going for you"quote. So therefore there's always going to be that doubt or question "did they get everything & or have they even started processing mine". Too many unanswered questions on RDS behalf. I think that if the operators who answered could & do have a lot more detailed answers that the amount of phone calls would be diminished.
IMHO.
I'm well into over 60 plus days (w/ 1 little hiccup) & yet haven't called in almost couple weeks & they still can't even tell me where I'm at in the process.. COM ON MAN!
Lol.
:tiphat:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Mr. Bean
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mr. Bean »

I didn't call until after day 60. When I submitted my app the website advised I would receive a confirmation email shortly. I never received a confirmation email but I played it cool and waited patiently. When I found this forum last week, I read others posting they rec'd that confirmation email. I called out of concern my app did not go thru. Operator Daryll in a condescending tone advised "not necessarily" with respect to my first question about new applicants confirmation email. I kept my cool and then asked if my app and supporting docs had been received. Daryl advised my app has not been assigned a status and would not confirm if the app was complete. Therein lies my consternation, getting blown off and left wondering how long until I receive a letter stating something is wrong and I go to the back of the line.

Bare00foot
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bare00foot »

Application: 12/29/15
Fingerprints: 1/04/16
CHL-100: 12/29/15
Uploaded docs to RSD: 1/4/16
Confirmation e-mail: 1/05/16
Contacted State Rep: 3/17/16
Received call from state rep 3/18, offering to make the call to DPS.
State Rep contacted DPS 3/18/16
3/21/16 - DPS supervisor contacted me personally, indicating it would be within a few days
3/22/16 - DPS processor called in response to an email I had sent in requesting status a couple weeks prior, but indicated it might be up to a couple weeks
Website changed: N/A
Plastic in hand: N/A

So still more applicants who submitted after me that are receiving their plastic. Great - AAARGGHH!!

DPS Supervisor said they normally have a total backlog of applications of around 55,000. Currently they have 160,000!!! Thus the time delays.

Topic author
mmaddox93

Post by mmaddox93 »

good news applicatin is appoved and getting sent to mailing and print how long does that take to get anybody know?

TexasSully

Post by TexasSully »

mmaddox93 wrote:good news applicatin is appoved and getting sent to mailing and print how long does that take to get anybody know?
I received news I had been approved on a Wednesday, status change on Website Saturday and Plastic in hand on Monday. I am in the Austin area so YMMV.

Congrats

sm000

Post by sm000 »

OK here's my problem with the whole thing.

170,000 applications (1 month) x's $140.00 = $2,380,000.00
Why is there still an 8 to 12 week wait? With funds like that, they can hire "ENOUGH" to keep up with the demand. But instead, our wait times have increased. That tells me, there's either a pile of money somewhere, or the funds are being used elsewhere.

There...I'm done. I feel better.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

sm000 wrote:OK here's my problem with the whole thing.

Why is there still an 8 to 12 week wait? With funds like that, they can hire "ENOUGH" to keep up with the demand. But instead, our wait times have increased. That tells me, there's either a pile of money somewhere, or the funds are being used elsewhere.

Agencies like DPS can't hire and fire people to accommodate temporary increases or decreases in workload.

Believe it or not, if they did it would increase your wait time to get your LTC.

But all the same... I am happy that you feel better. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

sm000 wrote:OK here's my problem with the whole thing.

Along those same lines if you take into account that each one of the new LTC holders purchased at least one gun and an uncalculable amount of ammo, and that these purchases were more than likely made in the state, the revenue produced from sales taxes directly attributable to this group as well as those of us who continue to buy firearms and ammo, our state representatives, and the AG should really be working harder to respond to requests to have laws upheld that directly affect us. Sorry I saw some room on the soap box.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
mmaddox93

Post by mmaddox93 »

Forgot to post but no longer in the waiting room guys got my plastic back on 04/20/16. I am happy to say that i feel safe everywhere I go I mostly OC because of my dress attire to for work and i work nonstop but have yet to have any problems in my town. I currently live in College Station TX and the police here are real nice, nobody or business has gave me trouble yet.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”