February LTC Timeline

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 1

Re: February LTC Timeline

Post by meyerch5 »

McLTC wrote:Six weeks is actually the time frame folks. There are 170k applications and only a very small few posting the long ridiculous timelines, while unfortunate,those situations are a very small percentage. The team at the DPS is split with X techs working the backlog, X techs working current so that they can lessen the amount of people calling their state reps and the governors office. I know plenty of people that have received their LTC from Mid-Late January and early February. Good Luck, I myself am all in as of 3/7 when i got my email from RDS. Let's hope we don't need the "patience of Job".

:tiphat:
Your data is correct about the number of applications, and it is a huge increase from last year. But you don't have data for the number applications that are processed within six weeks as RSD doesn't release that data. There are a few that are on this forum and other forums that have the long timelines and are vocal about it, but how many aren't on the forum?

Advocating that only a few are in the long time line is setting the wrong expectation. If you talk to RSD right now they say 12 weeks. They get some out sooner and some out later. Patience is necessary.

I have been confirmed as complete since 21 Jan and am still waiting. Expect to be patient and it will make the time easier.

Slydragon
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Slydragon »

Got my plastic in today fellow February people.

My timeline,
CHL class on 2/11/2016
CHL application 2/11/2016
RSD confirmation email 2/11/2016
Fingerprints 2/22/2016
Dated license mailed per RSD email 3/25/2016
Website changed on 3/31/2016
Plastic in hand 4/01/2016

Topic author
Dblack08
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Dblack08 »

Dang you're lucky I sent my stuff right after you on the 19 so I should be seeing mines soon

Topic author
Dblack08
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Dblack08 »

april fools rightttttttt

Slydragon
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Slydragon »

Dblack08 wrote:april fools rightttttttt
No Sir, I also found it funny that in came in the mail April fool's day. Did my first carry to HEB for some quick shopping. Hopefully you get yours very soon. :cheers2:

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

I've been watching the forum for a couple of weeks now. Finally decided to post my timeline:

LTC class on 1/23/2016
LTC application 02/28/2016
RSD confirmation email 03/03/2016
Fingerprints 03/03/2016
Website changed on ??
Plastic in hand ??

Per state guidelines I'm on day 30 and on my 4th week per RSD email confirmation.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

mikezee1970

Post by mikezee1970 »

WilliePete wrote:I was fingerprinted, took my class, and thought I submitted my paperwork, via the Internet, back around December 15th. I never received a confirmation email from DPS and was not aware that I should have. Called DPS first week in February and they told me they never received the paperwork. Resubmitted the paperwork around Feb 12th or 15th. This time I did get the confirmation email. It's been over a month since I resubmitted the paperwork and it looks like, after reading other posts, that I am in for quite the wait.
I think williepete and myself are in the same boat. I was an initial all in late Jan, but never got a confirmation e-mail. So, I resent on 2/19 and got a confirmation e-mail on 2/19.

Looks like my clock got reset 2 1/2 weeks......

sm000
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sm000 »

Add me to the February list too.
My daughter and I took ours together.

Our timeline is as follows:
DPS site Registeration 2/12/16
Fingerprinting 2/17/16
LTC class 2/27/16
Electronically submitted 2/27/16
RSD email confirmed 2/29/16
Site changed: none
Plastic in hand: none

Duke01

Post by Duke01 »

Chl class 2/19/2016
Fingerprints 2/19/2016
Submitted 2/20/2016
Conformation 2/22/2016
Website update N/A
Plastic N/A

Emailed dps and was told its still being processed.

sm000

Post by sm000 »

[quote="sm000"]Add me to the February list too.
My daughter and I took ours together.

Our timeline is as follows:
DPS site Registeration 2/12/16
Fingerprinting 2/17/16
LTC class 2/27/16
Electronically submitted 2/27/16
RSD email confirmed 2/29/16
Site changed: 5/5/16
Plastic in hand: none

Status change today.
It won't be long now!

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TangoX-ray »

Site changed yesterday for me!

All in on 2/23
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

sm000

Post by sm000 »

TangoX-ray wrote:Site changed yesterday for me!

All in on 2/23
They've definitely gotten a little faster in the past couple weeks.
Mine took 66 days from the "All in email confirmation"
But I still won't let myself get excited until I physically have plastic in hand. :lol:

16Adams

Post by 16Adams »

Dblack08 wrote:I have no record so it shouldn't take long I wish we could just got to the dps and do this it would be so simple they have the technology to make the licenses on location

Please take a look at the approximately 21 items the legislature requires to be checked and verified. If it was as simple as a criminal history warrant check, you're right it could be. But the LTC background check involves medical, financial,physical, mental, criminal and civil checks that require DPS to submit to each those pesky release forms you signed, remember those??

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

16Adams wrote:
Dblack08 wrote:I have no record so it shouldn't take long I wish we could just got to the dps and do this it would be so simple they have the technology to make the licenses on location

Please take a look at the approximately 21 items the legislature requires to be checked and verified. If it was as simple as a criminal history warrant check, you're right it could be. But the LTC background check involves medical, financial,physical, mental, criminal and civil checks that require DPS to submit to each those pesky release forms you signed, remember those??
To whom do they submit the medical, financial, physical, and civil checks? Assuming of course that you have a clean history in those areas? If you're in default on state loans or taxes, that's going to be in the state system, which they presumably do not need a release to search. How about the medical? Another state database, or do they send a letter to your PCP, assuming you have one and they can somehow find out who it is.

To do backgrounds that are more thorough than computer history checks, they would take a lot longer than they do even now. The answer is that they do NICS, AFIS, computerized federal/state/county records search, then they send a letter to you county which they have 30 calendar days to respond to in the negative. Counties don't have to respond in the positive so either after 30 days or if they get a positive, they print. The reason they're slow is they got a ton of apps and it takes a while to physically process each even with computers. There are people who have gotten theirs in 3 weeks (not recently), There's no way to check many of the things they claim to check, even if they did.

What slows things up is if they get a hit in the computer check (arrest w/ no disposition, similar name, etc.) then they have to manually check, or if you self report something that bears further investigation. LTC requires very little beyond the automated checks to verify that you're eligible, and they shouldn't. This is not an application to be a Peace Officer or a Federal security clearance.

If you expect to have polygraphs for the LTC, move to NYC and try to get a carry license... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

LTC-Sam

Post by LTC-Sam »

My Timeline:

Online Application Completed: 3/3/16
LTC Class Completed: 3/5/16
Confirmation Email: 3/7/16
Fingerprinting Completed: 3/8/16
Website Status Updated: 5/2/16 - 5/5/16
Plastic Received: 5/7/16 :woohoo

Pretty close to 60 calendar days in all, which is the allowed number by the state statute.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”