Renewals

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

txglock21
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Renewals

Post by txglock21 »

Submitted renewal October 21. Apparently they haven't even opened mine because not showing a status page when I log on to check it. :banghead:
I'm not worried yet because mine doesn't expire until mid April though. :coolgleamA:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OldCannon »

I submitted an address change in August.

Still waiting. :grumble
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

My wife submitted her renewal in July and had to get another set of fingerprints since she faild two initial fingerprints with the original application years ago (it's a genetic thing with her family.) Of course she failed the recent fingerprints and the contractor kept bugging her to get a second scan.

Dear wife called DPS and actually manager to talk to humans on two different occasions. One person said she didn't need any more fingerprints, period. The second DPS person said she only needed one more fingerprint scan. :confused5 . Anyway, her renewal LTC arrived a couple of weeks ago (her CHL expired end of October!) :txflag:
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Digit

Post by Digit »

I submitted change of address for DL and for my LTC on the same day. I received my DL about 3 weeks ago but I still haven't received my new LTC. 3 questions: 1) why when I go onto the actual LTC website does it not show me any status? 2) about how long should I expect to wait for my new LTC? and 3) Am I allowed to still carry while I'm waiting. No one has been able to give me an answer to the last question so I haven't been carrying in the meantime.

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Digit wrote:I submitted change of address for DL and for my LTC on the same day. I received my DL about 3 weeks ago but I still haven't received my new LTC. 3 questions: 1) why when I go onto the actual LTC website does it not show me any status? 2) about how long should I expect to wait for my new LTC? and 3) Am I allowed to still carry while I'm waiting. No one has been able to give me an answer to the last question so I haven't been carrying in the meantime.
I changed my address about two years ago, so my experience may differ than now. 1) For just a change of address I don't think they do the "status page" like for new apps and renewals. 2) Mine took about a week (again this was two years ago). 3) Yes, you can still carry with the LTC you currently have until your new one arrives. My guess is if they took your money, they got your change of address. Maybe just real busy right now. :confused5
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

KLB wrote:How long do they take to process renewals? I'm coming up in December.
You procrastinated a little, just remember, when your present license expires you may not carry, under the LTC law, until your new license is in your possession.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

twomillenium wrote:
You procrastinated a little, just remember, when your present license expires you may not carry, under the LTC law, until your new license is in your possession.
I have to come to KLB's defense because he posted that last April 1, a few months before he was even eligible to submit his renewal. Still good advice to everyone, though, not to procrastinate. No downside to renewing as soon as calendar eligibility allows; all upside.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Skiprr wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
I have to come to KLB's defense because he posted that last April 1, a few months before he was even eligible to submit his renewal. Still good advice to everyone, though, not to procrastinate. No downside to renewing as soon as calendar eligibility allows; all upside.
I renewed mine on line the day I received my renewal notice in the mail.

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

I received my renewal notice in the mail on November 5, completed the online renewal application, paid the fee on the same day. Received my LTC on November 28. 23 days total.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Skiprr wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
I was just pickin at him a little. Even, I myself, have to remember that thinking about it is not doing it. Unless, your thinking about thinking then you are doing it.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

txmakman

Post by txmakman »

11/7 Received renewal notice, applied and paid online
11/30 to 12/2 Received plastic. I don't always check the mail every day.
23 to 25 days, not bad and I have not had to take the renewal class since 2007.
:txflag:

mreed911

Post by mreed911 »

For personal reasons I waited until today to submit my renewal for an expiration in mid-January. Not worried, though, as I have a valid Arizona permit if there's any lag. All it would affect are purchases in the meantime.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”