Timeline question

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Riskman956
Posts in topic: 5

Timeline question

Post by Riskman956 »

I'm not in a hurry but am starting to wonder if I will ever get approved for my license now. I submitted my paperwork online in January. I received a letter in May that I was missing two forms (which I did email and still had the outgoing email). I sent the copies of the two forms which were the special condition proof and the class form in the beginning of June. My status has not changed and from what I have read, DPS now has an additional 180 days to work on my application. My question is: Is the last status update on the Texas.gov website the final disposition? It reads that print of license is pending application review. I do still have a red line on my special condition proof which I sent out the beginning of June. I actually never checked my status online until yesterday for the first time. Also, there are several yellow lines. My picture, fingerprints, background check and application review being the ones that I remember. I have been a correctional officer for 14 years and get an annual background check so background shouldn't be an issue. I'm wondering if the yellows turn to green, or is a new status just posted underneath as the process progresses along.

MrMcCullster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Timeline question

Post by MrMcCullster »

Riskman956 wrote:My question is: Is the last status update on the Texas.gov website the final disposition? It reads that print of license is pending application review. I do still have a red line on my special condition proof which I sent out the beginning of June. I actually never checked my status online until yesterday for the first time.
If you have yellow or red lines when you login to the LTC page to check your status, your application per DPS is still "under review." Only when all of those items on the page are green (except for the final bottom check "License To Carry A Handgun : Printing or Mailed"), that's when your status will change and you are officially approved for an LTC and you should receive your license card in a week or two.

I'm in the same boat you are. I feel your pain. My CHL-100 form was incomplete (it was missing the printed instructor and number field in the top classroom section - which is bull, I qualified on the same day and the instructor information is listed in the shooting proficiency section right below it) and the classroom proficiency has been red for a week and a half after I re-submitted a filled in form and got an e-mail confirmation.

Like you, they have 180 days to issue my license. The 180 day timer starts over after you submitted the missing forms, it is not from when you originally submitted your forms in January. I also see a yellow bar on the Passport Photo Holder field being under review, even though I've got a valid TX DL and have lived in Texas for years. Why would this be yellow?

If you are past the 180 day threshold of being ALL-IN, you might call your local state representative and have them contact DPS on your behalf. Through reading the board it sounds like that's the best way to speed up the process.

MikeUCTX

Post by MikeUCTX »

I had a similar situation. I applied for my LTC on April 23rd, and received a letter from DPS in mid- May stating they needed my special condition form sent in again. I sent the form again regular mail and also upload the form to the website the same day received and never heard anything back. I called DPS at the end of June and they stated that they still have not received the form. I contacted my state represenative's office on 6/30 and had a response from them on 7/1, stating they would contact DPS on my behalf. I received a call from DPS the morning of 7/5, and the supervisor requested i email the form directly to her. The very next day my status went to "print pending". Contacting your state rep certainly seems to be the way to go!

Topic author
Riskman956

Post by Riskman956 »

Thank you all

Topic author
Riskman956

Post by Riskman956 »

I called today and spoke with a very pleasant woman. She was very polite and the wait was only 12 minutes. I was told that the form I was missing had not yet been received. I mailed it off over a month ago. She said to upload it on the website and the wait was 12 weeks for an update. I'll be uploading the form Monday. I hope it doesn't actually take another 3 months but as long as I get it sooner or later, I guess that will be fine.

grent247

Post by grent247 »

Riskman956 wrote:I called today and spoke with a very pleasant woman. She was very polite and the wait was only 12 minutes. I was told that the form I was missing had not yet been received. I mailed it off over a month ago. She said to upload it on the website and the wait was 12 weeks for an update. I'll be uploading the form Monday. I hope it doesn't actually take another 3 months but as long as I get it sooner or later, I guess that will be fine.
I suggest calling your state rep. They tend to not really jump on "older/incomplete" applications. Light a fire under them, and warm some bottoms up. You'll get yours.

Topic author
Riskman956

Post by Riskman956 »

I called Friday again and was told that everything appeared to have been received. I decided to email my state senator today. Hopefully that helps in some way.

Topic author
Riskman956

Post by Riskman956 »

I emailed the state representative in my zip code on Monday. I have not received a response to my email, nor any new contact from DPS concerning my application since then and it is now Thursday night. The wait continues.....

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”