I have an LTC but was Denied Purchase by FBI

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 13

Re: I have an LTC but was Denied Purchase by FBI

Post by TexasTornado »

remanifest wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:Good luck with your appeal.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016012 ... al-appeals
Son of a...

Going to go through with it anyway, and I'll post my result here. I can be pretty convincing to bureaucrats, having worked with them for over a decade, so I'll try to get in touch with the specific unit that would be able to have eyes on it. Either way, I'll post my results here.

What you said was....
I'll try to get in touch with the specific unit that would be able to have eyes on it.
What I heard was 'I have FBI contact's

In which case I NEEEEED a t-shirt :clapping: pretty please?
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

TexasTornado wrote:
remanifest wrote:

Son of a...

Going to go through with it anyway, and I'll post my result here. I can be pretty convincing to bureaucrats, having worked with them for over a decade, so I'll try to get in touch with the specific unit that would be able to have eyes on it. Either way, I'll post my results here.

What you said was....
I'll try to get in touch with the specific unit that would be able to have eyes on it.
What I heard was...
I have FBI contacts
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned
Posts in topic: 20

Post by TXPeaceOfficerDave »

I have "delayed" several times on a purchase and I am a licensed officer. Makes zero sense. But a "denial" is a completely different beast. If you got denied it means there is something serious in your NCIC you need to find out

Topic author
remanifest
Posts in topic: 22

Post by remanifest »

TexasTornado wrote:
remanifest wrote:

Son of a...

What you said was....

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get off my butt and start taking action. I'll see what I can do - I have 5 personal contacts in the FBI currently. What size would you like?
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

remanifest wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
remanifest wrote:

Son of a...

What you said was....

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get off my butt and start taking action. I'll see what I can do - I have 5 personal contacts in the FBI currently. What size would you like?

Pm sent with details. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
remanifest

Post by remanifest »

TexasTornado wrote:
remanifest wrote:
TexasTornado wrote:
remanifest wrote:

Son of a...

What you said was....

Pm sent with details. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Got it! I'll see what I can do for you by the end of next week or so. I can't make any promises, because I'm not sure what their policy is on providing their items to civilians. I will certainly try my best!
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

The Wall
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Wall »

Wouldn't that be impersonating an agent if you were wearing one? Guess not! I just Googled this website and there's many more.

http://www.prepsportswear.com/governmen ... id=2579742

Not something I would wear. Some nut case might try and take you on.

Topic author
remanifest

Post by remanifest »

The Wall wrote:Wouldn't that be impersonating an agent if you were wearing one? Guess not! I just Googled this website and there's many more.

Fixed the link for you. I'm going to see if I can get legit gear. A lot more goes into being an FBI agent than wearing a t-shirt, so impersonation wouldn't be the issue so much as whether they're allowed to give out their official gear to civilians.
- Muse - Uprising

TexasTornado

Post by TexasTornado »

remanifest wrote:
The Wall wrote:Wouldn't that be impersonating an agent if you were wearing one? Guess not! I just Googled this website and there's many more.

Fixed the link for you. I'm going to see if I can get legit gear. A lot more goes into being an FBI agent than wearing a t-shirt, so impersonation wouldn't be the issue so much as whether they're allowed to give out their official gear to civilians.
Thank you! And yea, wouldn't think wearing an FBI shirt would be impersonating, nor eould it draw nut cases anymore than wearing my man's Army shirt (which I have no intention of returning to him :evil2: ). Although I do get the occasional question of if I've served...nope, just supporting my sexy man who does.

NRA Lifetime Member

The Wall
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Wall »

remanifest wrote:

Thank you. Guess I should check the link after posting.

TXPeaceOfficerDave
Banned
Posts in topic: 20

Post by TXPeaceOfficerDave »

Impersonating a law enforcement officer offense requires an overt act upon the part of the person committing the offense. You must complete or attempt to complete some act that would cause another to believe you were were an officer when in fact you are not.

Mens rea - the bad mind
Actus reas - the bad act

Both must be present for a crime to have been committed.

Topic author
remanifest

Post by remanifest »

TXPeaceOfficerDave wrote:Impersonating a law enforcement officer offense requires an overt act upon the part of the person committing the offense. You must complete or attempt to complete some act that would cause another to believe you were were an officer when in fact you are not.

Mens rea - the bad mind
Actus reas - the bad act

Both must be present for a crime to have been committed.
Much more eloquently stated - thank you.
- Muse - Uprising

Distinguished Rick
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Distinguished Rick »

Have you been emailing Hillery Clinton?
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Topic author
remanifest

Post by remanifest »

Just a quick update here - I submitted my Voluntary Appeal File, and it was received at the FBI's NICS PO Box today. I'll probably be getting in touch with my contacts next week or the week after to push this along.
- Muse - Uprising

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”