Sent Paperwork June 11...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Ron7624
Posts in topic: 6

Sent Paperwork June 11...

Post by Ron7624 »

I see a lot of folks got their LTC fairly quickly. So I made myself wait to check for 45 days... then I set my calendar for 60 days.... now I'm just wondering if I'm invisible. The website shows 3 things left for them to do..
1. Fingerprints: Under review
2. Background Check: Under review
3. License To Carry A Handgun: Print pending completion of Application Review.
This is a renewal. My fingerprints were electronically entered last renewal. I haven't mugged anybody, so I'm clean lol
I guess I shouldn't check with them...
Is anyone else in the same boat? It has been right at 90 days.
I know I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it!
Any and all thoughts welcome.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 8.14.14 AM.png

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sent Paperwork June 11...

Post by twomillenium »

Make a phone call and POLITELY ask.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

twomillenium wrote:Make a phone call and POLITELY ask.
:iagree: For a renewal, there is no reason I can think of(except child support in arrears or a State Tax Lien) that would delay processing your renewal this long.

Call them.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
Ron7624

Post by Ron7624 »

Okay. I will. Thx

Catchall

Post by Catchall »

FYI, I was all submitted by June 10 and still waiting. My status is the same as yours. 96 days and counting...

Topic author
Ron7624

Post by Ron7624 »

I will try to call later today after I finish working (I work from home at a computer desk)
I will post my results so you can follow suit if appropriate. I have read that there is a massive influx of new applicants.

Topic author
Ron7624

Post by Ron7624 »

Here's the skinny....
I called the # on their original Renewal Notification twice.
First time I got a recording telling me to call back later and it hung up.
Second call went to a recording and gave me options - one of them was to hold on, which I did for 25 minutes. The music that was playing was a drummer playing a shuffle beat with a bit of canned music on a loop. I am certain that this selection is there to encourage one to hang up.
Then I got a sweet lady on the line. I told her that several friends that I knew had received their license already and we had applied at the same time.
I told her I submitted my renewal notification on June 11. After I gave her my TDL, she looked me up quickly and told me they had received the application on June 10th (lol so much for my memory)
She then said that it was in process and would be sent when they finished with it She then stated that they had 280 days to complete the process and they had a lot of applications to process. (ouch)
She was nice, I was nice, now back to waiting. :eek6

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

Ron7624 wrote:Here's the skinny....
Second call went to a recording and gave me options - one of them was to hold on, which I did for 25 minutes. The music that was playing was a drummer playing a shuffle beat with a bit of canned music on a loop. I am certain that this selection is there to encourage one to hang up.
Then I got a sweet lady on the line. I told her that several friends that I knew had received their license already and we had applied at the same time.
I told her I submitted my renewal notification on June 11. After I gave her my TDL, she looked me up quickly and told me they had received the application on June 10th (lol so much for my memory)
She then said that it was in process and would be sent when they finished with it She then stated that they had 280 days to complete the process and they had a lot of applications to process. (ouch)
280 DAYS??? Unacceptable! First I've heard of that!. :rules:

Ron, it's good that you called. IMHO, it's now time to call your State Representative, and tell them your story, and see if they can't help speed the process up.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

joe817 wrote:

Ron, it's good that you called. IMHO, it's now time to call your State Representative, and tell them your story, and see if they can't help speed the process up.
:iagree:

They have 45 days to approve it or let you know why it was denied. http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 3#p1105603
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

rotor

Post by rotor »

FYI I submitted renewal 8/25/16.
Here is what it showed today. The other day the fingerprints were pending. I can't explain why some are slower.
Attachments
test.jpg

Jacifus

Post by Jacifus »

My completed information was received July 21st, still waiting....

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

joe817 wrote:

for a renewal??? :grumble I don't think so!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Pastlite

Post by Pastlite »

I have been waiting since June the first

Topic author
Ron7624

Post by Ron7624 »

Today's date is Oct 8, 2016. (appx 120 days)
Finally, there has been the progress I've been looking for. This has certainly taken longer than 90 days, but I will have my LTC before my old CHL expires. So, I will not be without.
I checked last week with no progress from my original post, but today I was greeted with a new screen. They only need to print and mail. Yeay!

I CC everywhere, all the time. The only hickup is going to the post office. I have to disarm at home, make the postal run, and then return home to put the gun back in my pocket holster.
In my many years of front pocket carry, I have never been challenged. No one has ever known or noticed that I carry. My front pocket carry system is perfect (for me), but would never break the law by carrying to the post office regardless.
I always leave my empty holster in my pocket when I do make a post office run. Its a shame that I have to leave the gun at home, but there is no convenient place to park my truck and walk to the post office. All options are too far away. (sorry, just grumbling here)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 9.57.23 AM.png

Topic author
Ron7624

Post by Ron7624 »

Plastic in hand.
Submitted on line June 11, 2016
Received Plastic Oct 13
125 days for a renewal.
All paperwork submitted on first go around. DPS did not request any additional info.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”