Knock-knock ... Can I come in?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bjrichus
Posts in topic: 7

Knock-knock ... Can I come in?

Post by bjrichus »

Knock-knock ... Can I come in? :cool:

Texas LTC course and shooting test completed on Friday 9/16/16.

When I got home, I scanned the supporting document and submitted via the web site.

Email came back saying that they have everything and to wait... So here I am! :patriot:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Knock-knock ... Can I come in?

Post by Liberty »

Welcome to the Forum, I think you will find that its a pretty nice group of people here. This is a wonderful place to learn all things about carrying in this great state. There are some very knowledgeable people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope your wait is short.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

LTCTLB

Post by LTCTLB »

Welcome to the forum.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Topic author
bjrichus

Post by bjrichus »

Liberty wrote:Welcome to the Forum, I think you will find that its a pretty nice group of people here. This is a wonderful place to learn all things about carrying in this great state. There are some very knowledgeable people who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope your wait is short.
Thanks for the welcome. I find most shooting communities are friendly and full of people with lots of experience and knowledge.

Considering we are dealing with many legal matters as well as potentially deadly weapons, its wise to know your limits and take advice when you need it. Some wisdom comes with age and as I'm in my early 60's if nothing else, I know not to assume I know "it" in shooting until I have tried "it" at least once (there's a joke in there somewhere)..... :lol:

ShannonC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ShannonC »

I should have scanned and emailed mine. I wonder how often they check the drop box at RSD in Austin. Dropped mine off 7 days ago and still no email they have received it.Oh well. Patience is virtue.

Topic author
bjrichus

Post by bjrichus »

ShannonC wrote:I should have scanned and emailed mine. I wonder how often they check the drop box at RSD in Austin. Dropped mine off 7 days ago and still no email they have received it.Oh well. Patience is virtue.
If they think something is wrong with the application or a form is not 100% readable they'll let you know quick enough...

loscar141

Post by loscar141 »

ShannonC wrote:I should have scanned and emailed mine. I wonder how often they check the drop box at RSD in Austin. Dropped mine off 7 days ago and still no email they have received it.Oh well. Patience is virtue.
I haven't been to the "Waiting room" since March, but at the time it seem like people who mailed in their application were getting the LTC faster then people who did the application online.

Any ways, nice to meet y'all

ShannonC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ShannonC »

Thanks Guys. I'll keep waiting.

Topic author
bjrichus

Post by bjrichus »

And he gets up, hitches up the jeans (have to make sure the concealed holster is properly secured, after all.

DPS website update shows that everything is completed (green) and its in Print Pending status.

So far, its only been about 10 days... :shock: Dare I suggest that this is great service form the Lone Star State DPS? :clapping:

Once I have it and am happy with the holstering (my wife wants it to be safe and secure - she fears it dropping out), I have to prepare for the famous "WalMat Walk" ... Oh well... Onwards and upwards.

:hurry:

Topic author
bjrichus

Post by bjrichus »

He walks towards the door marked "EXIT" .... The DPS updated my account with this:

"License To Carry A Handgun : Mailed"

With a green check mark on the left side.

:woohoo

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

bjrichus wrote:He walks towards the door marked "EXIT" .... The DPS updated my account with this:

Welcome to the land of the living...lol...congrats brother!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
bjrichus

Post by bjrichus »

RogueUSMC wrote:Welcome to the land of the living...lol...congrats brother!
Thank you Sir!

:patriot: :txflag:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

bjrichus wrote:He walks towards the door marked "EXIT" .... The DPS updated my account with this:

Congrats and welcome to the LTC community!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
bjrichus

Post by bjrichus »

And it came in the mail today.

Two weeks from putting the last submission into the system.

Now to ACTUALLY do a concealed carry...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”