OK here we go

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
EST1984
Posts in topic: 6

OK here we go

Post by EST1984 »

Just to give someone a heads up here is what i have experienced so far in regards to wait time.

9/10/16 Took course
9/19/16 Finger printed
11/6/16 no response what so ever on web site so i sent them a message to see what was up.
11/8/16 Response from DPS saying they never received my Signed Training Doc or my DD214 ( hey get your bennys were you can right)
11/8/16 received confirmation that they received my Docs.
11/22/16 Web site showed background check in progress. ( Could have been there a couple of days but i hadn't checked it for a few days)
11/23/16 Shows PRINT Pending

So i guess the print pending means that they have approved my application and are now just waiting to print the card. I could be wrong this is the Govt. we are talking about.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: OK here we go

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I think with print pending you should have plastic pretty soon. I hope I'm right and we can welcome you to the club in a week or so!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
EST1984

Post by EST1984 »

Even with all the self created delays. it still is not a bad process. My wife is going to get hers after i have mine in hand and then we will be complete. When I met her in 96 she just received her CCL and then let it laps. now with everything going on in the world she says she would feel safer with Mr. Glock riding around with her.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Welcome to the Forum. When your license is in the "printing" phase, it means it is ready to be printed and mailed with the next batch. I'm not sure how often they batch print, but it must be on a short cycle in view of the number of applications they are processing every month.

Chas.

Topic author
EST1984

Post by EST1984 »

Thanks for the welcome. I am glad I made the choice to start carrying. I hope I never need to draw and shoot but it is better to not need to and have it available than it is to need it and not have it.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

EST1984 wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I am glad I made the choice to start carrying. I hope I never need to draw and shoot but it is better to not need to and have it available than it is to need it and not have it.
I think the general consensus here is that most of us never want to pull the trigger on our firearms outside of a range, but we want to be prepared to use it if the need arises. Congratulations on soon getting your plastic. Be safe out there! :tiphat:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Welcome to the forum, I think you will find that this a great place to hang around.There is a lot of knowledgeable people here with a ton of experience.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
EST1984

Post by EST1984 »

EST1984 wrote:Just to give someone a heads up here is what i have experienced so far in regards to wait time.

9/10/16 Took course
9/19/16 Finger printed
11/6/16 no response what so ever on web site so i sent them a message to see what was up.
11/8/16 Response from DPS saying they never received my Signed Training Doc or my DD214 ( hey get your bennys were you can right)
11/8/16 received confirmation that they received my Docs.
11/22/16 Web site showed background check in progress. ( Could have been there a couple of days but i hadn't checked it for a few days)
11/23/16 Shows PRINT Pending

So i guess the print pending means that they have approved my application and are now just waiting to print the card. I could be wrong this is the Govt. we are talking about.
So now i can add 11/29/16 it now says Mailed.
WOO HOO!

Topic author
EST1984

Post by EST1984 »

I received my plastic on 11/30/16. I was like Ralphy on a Christmas Story receiving his secret decoder ring LOL

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

EST1984 wrote:I received my plastic on 11/30/16. I was like Ralphy on a Christmas Story receiving his secret decoder ring LOL
Welcome to the club! :txflag:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
EST1984

Post by EST1984 »

Thank You :thewave

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”