Waiting....

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jweg84
Posts in topic: 9

Waiting....

Post by jweg84 »

The status on the state site hasn't changed. It doesn't give me any kind of status at all. Does this mean the plastic has been sent?
Choose Service

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

Please Note: Once a license has been issued, this service will no longer be available.

If you have completed your LTC Review and do not wish to apply for an Instructor Certification, you may now logoff.

Start Application
Select the application you would like to complete at this time.

Apply for Instructor Certification (to teach LTC courses)
Timeline:
11/19/16 - Took LTC Class
11/21/16 - Submitted Online Application
11/22/16 - Fingerprinted
11/23/16 - Submitted all documents via the secure document submission
S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

remanifest
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Waiting....

Post by remanifest »

jweg84 wrote:The status on the state site hasn't changed. It doesn't give me any kind of status at all. Does this mean the plastic has been sent?
Choose Service

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

Please Note: Once a license has been issued, this service will no longer be available.

If you have completed your LTC Review and do not wish to apply for an Instructor Certification, you may now logoff.

Start Application
Select the application you would like to complete at this time.

Apply for Instructor Certification (to teach LTC courses)
Timeline:
11/19/16 - Took LTC Class
11/21/16 - Submitted Online Application
11/22/16 - Fingerprinted
11/23/16 - Submitted all documents via the secure document submission
It sounds like your online status hasn't been updated yet. Check this post out to see what it looks like once your plastic is shipped. Check this out for my timeline.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Topic author
jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

Thanks for the speedy reply. When I first submitted everything it had a status that read "Submitted" but a day or two later that disappeared and it has the page I posted above.

Hopefully it goes quick. Maybe I should wait a week or two and then check it. As they say "A watched pot will never boil".

remanifest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by remanifest »

jweg84 wrote:As they say "A watched pot will never boil".
True! I was very much checking the status on a daily basis. If I remember correctly, statuses update once per day, and they ship on Mondays or Tuesdays.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Topic author
jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

I woke up to a nice surprise this morning. now If I can just get the last two green i'll be happy.

KurtFTW
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KurtFTW »

jweg84 wrote:I woke up to a nice surprise this morning. now If I can just get the last two green i'll be happy.
How many days in are you? I'm 27 days in and woke up to Print Pending today.
NRA 5 Year Member | Sig Sauer P320

Topic author
jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

KurtFTW wrote:How many days in are you? I'm 27 days in and woke up to Print Pending today.
Documents were submitted on 11/23. I assume the state didn't work on Thanksgiving or probably the day after so i'm basically a week and a half in.

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

jweg84 wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:How many days in are you? I'm 27 days in and woke up to Print Pending today.
Documents were submitted on 11/23. I assume the state didn't work on Thanksgiving or probably the day after so i'm basically a week and a half in.
Wow! You're ahead of the curve then. I submitted all my documents by 11/11 and it was 22 days before I got a status update period and it was Background Check: Under review.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can wake up to that coveted status of "Mailed", but I'm not holding my breath. :roll:

Topic author
jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

My background shouldn't take too long to complete. My record is squeaky clean with the exception off a "excessive acceleration" traffic ticket. I'm just glad the status finally changed so I know that it's in process. The wait with an essentially blank site was worrisome.

Topic author
jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

Well that background check went fast. Woke up this morning to 'Background Check: Completed'....... 'Print Pending'

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

Yeah it's going pretty quickly for you. I'm still on Print Pending, but I also have a squeaky clean record so I'm assuming I'm on the downward slope.

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pariah3j »

I like that they give you a status of the process now on the website. When I did mine about a year 1/2 ago, there was no status update until after it shipped. Looks like you are making even better time then I did as well. Congrats !
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rtschl »

My son took his LTC class October 20. He got the emails that his application had been received and then a couple of days later that his fingerprints had been received. But his status online has never shown up. Another person who took class with him received his LTC last month. Strange.
Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

rtschl wrote:My son took his LTC class October 20. He got the emails that his application had been received and then a couple of days later that his fingerprints had been received. But his status online has never shown up. Another person who took class with him received his LTC last month. Strange.
I would be calling or emailing to find out whats going on. That seems like an excessive amount of time considering the timelines I'm seeing here.

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

rtschl wrote:My son took his LTC class October 20. He got the emails that his application had been received and then a couple of days later that his fingerprints had been received. But his status online has never shown up. Another person who took class with him received his LTC last month. Strange.
I would definitely have your son contact them and inquire as to what is going on. It's possible there was some typos either on the application or some other document that's holding up the show. If your son hasn't received any letter in the mail requesting supplemental documentation, I would absolutely be calling.

Off the top of my head, there wasn't any possibility of an old and/or wrong mailing address submitted was there? I'd hate to think my LTC got mailed to a wrong address and might be floating around out there. :shock:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”