in the WAITING mode

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
K5CLC
Posts in topic: 2

in the WAITING mode

Post by K5CLC »

First post here to Texas CHL Forum.
Many thanks to all for the valuable information posted here.

Took my class & range qualification : 11/19
Online application with DPS : 11/20
Fingerprinting 11/21
Submitted all digitally to DPS : 11/22
Just checked online, I'm in the 'fingerprints' and 'background check under review' mode as of 12/07
Like everyone else I've talked to, I check the mailbox everyday. :lol:

Thanks again,
Chris - Central TX
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: in the WAITING mode

Post by der Teufel »

Welcome Aboard !!

Yep, next thing you'll be picking out holsters if you haven't already done so.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

jweg84

Post by jweg84 »

That's promising news. I submitted all my stuff on 11/23 and i'm getting very impatient not seeing ANYTHING on the site. All I have so far is the page below. Hopefully my status updates in the next day or so.
Choose Service

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

Please Note: Once a license has been issued, this service will no longer be available.

If you have completed your LTC Review and do not wish to apply for an Instructor Certification, you may now logoff.

Start Application
Select the application you would like to complete at this time.

Apply for Instructor Certification (to teach LTC courses)
S&W M&P Shield 9mm rides around town in a Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0

Topic author
K5CLC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K5CLC »

I know it's soon, but as of 12/13/2016 I'm still waiting but it's only been 3 weeks.
My hope it before Christmas for my license to be fully approved and printed. Yes, I've been studying every bit of literature, and watching every youtube video available on holsters, everyone's opinion of the best carry weapon. I want to stay in 9mm, and not go down to 380 if possible but several people (even law enforcement) has recommended a pocket 380 for a best concealed carry option. While I wait, I'm saving my pennies for those purchases as well.
Chris
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

K5CLC wrote:I know it's soon, but as of 12/13/2016 I'm still waiting but it's only been 3 weeks.
My hope it before Christmas for my license to be fully approved and printed. Yes, I've been studying every bit of literature, and watching every youtube video available on holsters, everyone's opinion of the best carry weapon. I want to stay in 9mm, and not go down to 380 if possible but several people (even law enforcement) has recommended a pocket 380 for a best concealed carry option. While I wait, I'm saving my pennies for those purchases as well.
Chris
Give serious consideration to the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm for your concealed carry choice. However, it's a decision that only you can make. When I started looking at handguns back in April of this year I had only shot a friends S&W .40 a couple of years before; prior to that was a Colt .380 I had in the mid-80's and prior to that qualified on a Colt .45 Auto in the Navy. I spent hours at gun stores holding various ones looking for the one that "felt" right. The Shield felt good, then a buddy let me shoot his Shield and I was convinced it was the right choice for me.
I have a Blackhawk Serpa CQB holster OWB holster and a Alien Wear IWB holster for my Shield.

Patience on your plastic and welcome to the Forum - best source of info for all things LTC in Texas. Be sure to visit the sister site Texas Firearms Coalition https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ and listen to all of the Podcasts.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”