Spoke with DPS this morning

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
K5CLC
Posts in topic: 2

Spoke with DPS this morning

Post by K5CLC »

The DPS handgun licensing website had an update which caused some browsers to report that there was no data on file (chrome browser specifically, which makes sense, Google is in the anti-gun arena) but she said to try Firefox or Explorer which worked. She did check my status manually and said it was still in review, and not to worry.. it can take from 60-180 days to get licenses completed. Those reports of people getting them in a month are sure lucky! :shock:
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Re: Spoke with DPS this morning

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Just think of other things and the time will fly!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Just think of other things and the time will fly!
That's not easy to do. I am sure we all remember what it feels like to stalk your postman!
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LTCTLB »

vjallen75 wrote:
That's not easy to do. I am sure we all remember what it feels like to stalk your postman!
:iagree:
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Topic author
K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

Well as of today it's been one month exactly when i turned in all my paperwork to DPS, So I'm not expecting anything until after the 1st of the year due to the holidays being in the mix too. I still stalk the DPS website everyday for a change in status. It's like watching grass grow! :lol:
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

K5CLC wrote:Well as of today it's been one month exactly when i turned in all my paperwork to DPS, So I'm not expecting anything until after the 1st of the year due to the holidays being in the mix too. I still stalk the DPS website everyday for a change in status. It's like watching grass grow! :lol:
I did the exact same thing. Based on others that I followed while my wait, most of the status updates happened in the early to mid morning. I was lucky enough to see a status update as well as plastic on the same day.

Good luck watching the grass grow. Once you get plastic in hand the rest of the forum is a wealth of knowledge.

:tiphat: :patriot:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

jsclark12
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jsclark12 »

I sure do remember the days of stalking the DPS website. I'm not very patient so it was a beating. :boxing
Josh
Joshua 24:15

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

LTCTLB wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:
:iagree:
I remember it well... Just trying to be optimistic for our new friend! :cheers2:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”