2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

shielddude
Posts in topic: 3

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by shielddude »

shielddude wrote:Hey guys. I've been lurking for a couple weeks but this is my first post.

Submitted App and Paperwork: 5/3/17
Fingerprints Done: 5/5/17
All Green but Background Check: 5/11/17
Background Check Complete: 5/12/17
Print Pending: 5/12/17

I'm 33 and have never had anything other than a couple speeding tickets, but I'm still shocked that I went from application submission to everything green and print pending in just 9 days. I figured it would take several weeks at the quickest. I had also told myself I wasn't going to check my status every day like an anxious person after my fingerprints were submitted, but that went out the window by 5/9.
I can now add:
Mailed: 5/16/17

So 11 days (7 working days) from them receiving everything they needed to them putting my license in the mail!

marcotanquinobjj
Posts in topic: 8

Post by marcotanquinobjj »

shielddude wrote:
shielddude wrote:Hey guys. I've been lurking for a couple weeks but this is my first post.

I'm 33 and have never had anything other than a couple speeding tickets, but I'm still shocked that I went from application submission to everything green and print pending in just 9 days. I figured it would take several weeks at the quickest. I had also told myself I wasn't going to check my status every day like an anxious person after my fingerprints were submitted, but that went out the window by 5/9.
I can now add:

So 11 days (7 working days) from them receiving everything they needed to them putting my license in the mail!
:thewave :thewave

way to rub it in you jerk ! :) :)

007Glock
Posts in topic: 27

Post by 007Glock »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:
Marcotanquinobjj, I think you should read my last post on what just happened with mine. Since our situations are very similar, I think this will give you a bit more hope and confidence! :thumbs2:

marcotanquinobjj

007Glock wrote:
marcotanquinobjj wrote:
Marcotanquinobjj, I think you should read my last post on what just happened with mine. Since our situations are very similar, I think this will give you a bit more hope and confidence! :thumbs2:

I did see it. Congratulations! I am prepping myself for worst case scenerio regardless. In the meantime, I have a couple of mods I want to do to keep me busy as well as practice holstering and re-holstering my handgun to see which one I like better.

I will still be checking the site every day though, that ship has sailed long ago! Congrats again.

marcotanquinobjj

Okay, the game has officially started for me. Going to do a brief background on my history so people who have a similar case can have a specific point of reference.
I was placed on deferred adjudication for a non-violent offense as an adult 10 years ago. waited the 5 year grace period after probation discharge and dismissing of proceedings to get an order of non-disclosure sealing my record. Public records do not show anything on me however this information can be seen by selected govt. agencies and regulatory bodies.

Legally- I could of answered no to any criminal arrest, and disregard filling out the CHL-78C - and submitting certified dispositon, discharge/dismissal of proceedings, and order of non disclosure- BUT - I did not want to give DPS any excuse to delay the process, or give them any perception of me giving misleading information- so I disclosed everything anyway. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION TO DO THE SAME. below is my application timeline:

App submitted : 5/8/17
Supporting documents: 5/10/17 ( with the exception of order of non-disclosure)
Order of ND submitted: 5/11/17 ( once a record has been sealed, it takes some time for arresting county to unseal the file and provide documents)
Status progress viewable: 5/17/17

Everything is green with the exception of :
Fingerprints: Under review
Background check : under review

I plan on calling the RSD today to confirm that they have recieved my document submittal of non disclosure , once verified ( hoping to avoid a letter for more information) I will post more as status changes.

EDIT: I called RSD and have confirmed that they do have all of my 78C documentation. I Called the same day the status the viewable on the website- so hopefully I will not get a letter or any delays!

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:Okay, the game has officially started for me. Going to do a brief background on my history so people who have a similar case can have a specific point of reference.
I was placed on deferred adjudication for a non-violent offense as an adult 10 years ago. waited the 5 year grace period after probation discharge and dismissing of proceedings to get an order of non-disclosure sealing my record. Public records do not show anything on me however this information can be seen by selected govt. agencies and regulatory bodies.

Legally- I could of answered no to any criminal arrest, and disregard filling out the CHL-78C - and submitting certified dispositon, discharge/dismissal of proceedings, and order of non disclosure- BUT - I did not want to give DPS any excuse to delay the process, or give them any perception of me giving misleading information- so I disclosed everything anyway. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION TO DO THE SAME. below is my application timeline:

Order of ND submitted: 5/11/17 ( once a record has been sealed, it takes some time for arresting county to unseal the file and provide documents)

I plan on calling the RSD today to confirm that they have recieved my document submittal of non disclosure , once verified ( hoping to avoid a letter for more information) I will post more as status changes.

EDIT: I called RSD and have confirmed that they do have all of my 78C documentation. I Called the same day the status the viewable on the website- so hopefully I will not get a letter or any delays!
Congratulations!!! I told you to wait a week of full 7 days from your supporting documents which was on 5/10/17, and now look! Your status appeared on 5/17/2017!!! I think that you will end up being very pleased with your turnaround time like I did, since our situations are so similar, and we both just sent everything in all at once in the beginning with our supporting documents, certified dispositions included. Good preparation from the beginning is the key!!! Let me know and keep us posted! I'm rooting for ya!!! :hurry:

shielddude
Posts in topic: 3

Post by shielddude »

marcotanquinobjj wrote:
shielddude wrote:

I can now add:

:thewave :thewave

It was in my mailbox this morning!
Plastic in hand: 5/17/17

12 days (8 working days) from app and fingerprint submission to having the plastic in my hand. I feel like I got the expedited boy scout treatment.

StrangeBulge
Posts in topic: 1

Post by StrangeBulge »

Renewal application at 45 day mark today. Fingerprints and background check "under review", license "print pending ..." on the site. No letter from DPS requesting additional info. No new plastic in mailbox.I'll be calling in the morning for status, then most likely calling my state rep and demanding the the DPS be forced to comply with statute. Glad I started this process early.
Does this pistol make a strange bulge on my ... ?
"Texas Republicans", TSRA, GOP, NRA, all AWOL as Tyrants advance.
Disgruntled NRA Life Member

Sreed

Post by Sreed »

I've been following this thread since I submitted all of my documents. Here is my timeframe:

Ltc class - April 9th
Fingerprints and all docs submitted - April 17th
Website updated that all docs received -April 25th
Fingerprints and background check under review changed to green - May 18th
Print pending - May 18th

Hopefully, I will receive next week. My wife also had the exact same timeline except her fingerprints turned green on April 27th.

So, one month and one day from the time we submitted everything until print pending.

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

Checked my status today, and it says MAILED!!! The 60 day statute begins when DPS receives a complete LTC application, which they define as the application AND supporting documents. So, I am going by the date they sent the confirmation email stating they received my supporting documentation. It only took 37 days from the start of my application to being mailed!
:thewave

It only took 3 days to go from print pending to mailed. I would guess that I am going to receive it on Monday after the weekend. Here is my current up-to-date timeline so far:

Completed LTC application: 04/10/2017
Got fingerprinted, and submitted all supporting documentation: 4/11/2017
RSD verification email stating supporting documents were received: 4/12/2017
Status screen appears, everything is green, except for fingerprints and background check which are yellow and say 'under review': 4/19/2017
Background check complete and goes into print pending: 05/16/2017
License is mailed: 05/19/2017

I'll keep you guys posted and finally complete my timeline once I receive it. Good luck to everyone on here, especially those who chose to engage and talk with me and help through this waiting process with your advice. I'm still going to stick around and help others and offer any advice I have to get your application moving through the process like I did.

Bodeneth

Post by Bodeneth »

For those who like to get an ideer of other folk's timelines, I thought I'd give you two more to chew on. Both me and my brother are law abiding fellas who decided around the end of march 2017 to get our permits. We took the class together around the 8th of april. Neither of us have any arrests or shady background issues that might cause a delay. He started his online process around 3 weeks before I started mine. Originally I was pondering spending $80 less and getting a non resident az permit, but around the time he got his Tx permit I found out that the instructors who are certified to do the handgun class in tx must also be NRA certified instructors before az will accept their training certificates. They can certify police officers, but az wont accept them. Well, instead of paying 40-60 to take another NRA instructor taught class, I decided to just go the tx route. Thats why the timelines are different.

He did everything online on day one around the 10th of April. Got an appt for his fingerprints on day 4. On day 8 his status updated to everything being green cept for yellow background check under review and yellow print pending. On day 14 everything was green cept for print pending in yellow. It updated to mailed on day 16 and he had it in hand at day 18.

I did mine online around the 26th of April. Submitted everything and paid my $25 fee because I decided to go the veteran route and qualified for the lower fee. Did my fingerprints on day 3. However afterward my status never did show anything. Nothing at all. I waited 3 or 4 days and still nothing. After sending them an email via their website, I got a response back saying that since my dd214 did not specify that my military discharge nearly 30 yrs ago was honorable, I needed to send them something else that said it was honorable. I have nothing else, so I called them. I spoke to a very nice chap who told me to send them a letter with a money order for $115 and request that they chg my application over to a standard citizen application. $115 being the difference betwixt the veteran fee and the regular citizen permit fee. So I did that, and they received my letter and money on day 8.

That same day, suddenly my status updated with everything green cept for yellow background check under review and yellow print pending. I thought, wow, this is gonna be fast! But I was wrong. My status stayed the same for nearly 2 and a half weeks. My brother kept saying call them call them, but I knew from reading posts on this forum that all they will say is...we have 60 days dude! So I just remained patient.

Finally on day 24 my status chgd to background check complete and green, and yellow print pending. Well as of today, day 26, it still says print pending, but it is Saturday, so its to be expected. Based upon what I have seen others post here, it will likely chg to mailed on Monday, and be in my hand on Wednesday. If that's what happens, it will put my entire timeline at 30 days start to finish. Not bad considering the dd214 delay and what I have seen others go through.

UPDATE: Today, day 28, in the afternoon, my status remains unchanged. Print pending.

FINAL UPDATE: Day 29...Just checked my status and it says MAILED ! I only live like 65 miles from Austin so I rekkin it'll arrive tomorrow or thurs. Its funny how now I kinda feel like I've accomplished something. 5/24, day 30, plastic in hand. It showed mailed yesterday morning, but Im kinda thinking they mailed it on monday, but waited to update the status til the next morning. One day mail fron austin to san antonio just seems a little fast. But oh well, my permit is in hand and Im good to go!
Last edited by Bodeneth on Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Springfield Armory XD 45 Mod 2 with a 3.3in barrel rides around in an Aliengear IWB 3.0, mounted on a Bigfoot / Aliengear gunbelt.

rjssatx

Post by rjssatx »

I think my License came in record time. 13 Days from submission!

Class 5/7
Fingerprints and Chl-100 submitted 5/9
Background Check Complete 5/16
Mailed 5/19
Recieved 5/21
:txflag:

007Glock

Post by 007Glock »

Plastic in my mailbox and in hand today!!!

:txflag: :patriot:

I was very impressed with the fast turnaround from DPS for my LTC. I have a class B misdemeanor conviction on my record, so I thought it would be going all the way until the 60 day statute, and even into the 90, 120, or 180 day realm from all the different stories and experiences I have read on here. Instead, the time my application was submitted and processed to being mailed in my hand today is 42 days!!! That is an exceptional job! Here is my full timeline below:

LTC application submitted: 4/10/2017
Fingerprints taken and supporting documentation submitted: 4/11/2017
Email from RSD verifying they received all my supporting documentation: 4/12/2017
Status screen appears, everything is green except for fingerprints and background check which both say 'under review': 4/19/2017
Background check completed, license goes into print pending: 5/16/2017
License mailed: 5/19/2017
LTC license received and plastic in hand: 5/22/2017

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

svallee87

Post by svallee87 »

New to the forum and just wanted to post my timeline.
5/1/17 app submitted
5/2/17 fingerprints submitted
5/7/17 ltc class
5/8/17 supporting documents recieved (dd214 & ltc 100)
5/16/17 background check under review
5/17/17 print pending
5/19/17 mailed
5/22/17 plastic in hand

marcotanquinobjj

marcotanquinobjj wrote:Okay, the game has officially started for me. Going to do a brief background on my history so people who have a similar case can have a specific point of reference.

Checked this morning and Background check is complete and I am print pending! I live in Austin so hopefully I will have it in mailbox by EOW! So complete process from full documentation submitted to print pending: 12 days!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”