Greetings from New Jersey! Joined these forums today.
New Jersey resident here. My Texas LTC arrived today in the mail. The primary significance for me in the near term is that it is one of only a few LTC's recognized by the State of Pennsylvania. I hope to soon experience concealed carry for the first time(I am 64 yo.) Carry (open or concealed) is something that we mere mortals in NJ are denied outside of our home.
The full timeline was as follows:
- 12/29/2016: Submitted my online application to the Texas DPS.
- 1/04/2017: Fingerprints taken at IdentoGO in Dallas, Tx.
- 1/07/2017: Training class taken in Dallas, Texas.
- 1/17/2017: Mailed supplemental materials (e.g. NJ drivers license, passport photos, etc.) to the Texas DPS via USPS Certified mail.
- 1/21/2017: Supplemental materials arrived at the Texas DPS. *** The wait clock starts ticking here. ***
- 2/10/2017(approx): Status first appears on the Texas DPS website. Shows all steps completed(Green) and the last step "Print Pending"
- 2/15/2017: Status shows as "Mailed".
- 2/21/2017: Received Texas "License to Carry Hangun" in the mail.
Over the course of the last six years, I had the opportunity to spend about a year in Texas on business. Most recently several weeks in Dallas during which I was able to pursue this process. Being a firearms owner in the oppressive State of New Jersey, I would like to take this opportunity to say how wonderful I feel from a 2A perspective when I am in Texas. The feeling of freedom is truly palpable compared to what I have to live with here.
Am very excited for all of you that live there and wish you all the best. Don't ever become complacent in fighting for your 2A rights!
Best regards, Art