2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

K5CLC
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Contact:

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby K5CLC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:27 am

Easyasmc wrote:
ktfiend wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:
darn, I thought we had the same timeline??? Still no letter and no change after I submitted my stuff on 27 Jan. Called today and they said just wait longer lmao.



Have you seen any updates on the website yet? I figure mine will possibly follow a couple days behind yours.


I am print pending now! If you haven't been arrested you will be quick.


Awesome we are in the print pending club. My calendar just gave me an alert, this is day 45 of my LTC process. (Yes i have been tracking time!) And day 5 since it turned print pending. Waiting for the glorious "mailed"
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse


ktfiend
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Katy TX

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby ktfiend » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:52 am

Easyasmc wrote:
ktfiend wrote:
Easyasmc wrote:
darn, I thought we had the same timeline??? Still no letter and no change after I submitted my stuff on 27 Jan. Called today and they said just wait longer lmao.



Have you seen any updates on the website yet? I figure mine will possibly follow a couple days behind yours.


I am print pending now! If you haven't been arrested you will be quick.


No arrests that I'm aware of. LOL My background is clean and I've been in the same location for at least 15 years now, and in the Houston area all of my life.

Still no status at all on the website for me. I'll call tomorrow or Monday if that doesn't change.

User avatar

hstexan
Junior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby hstexan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:10 pm

hstexan wrote:
hstexan wrote:Application: 12.31.16
Fingerprint Appt: 1.6.17
Class: 1.14.17
Submitted Supporting Docs (Received): 1.17.17
Background Check Complete: 2.1.17
LTC: Print PendingMailed 2.7.17
Plastic In Hand: 2.9.17


Mailed 2.7.17


Plastic came in the mail today--feels nice to finally be able to carry again.


dudebassoon
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby dudebassoon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:21 pm

I guess I am brand new and have a long wait ahead. Glad to begin the journey :

Application Submission : 1/12
Finger Print Submission : 1/13
CHL Class Submission : 1/30

Current status online is no change or acknowledgement that anything has been received. It just says if you are submitting an application please leave sufficient time for processing. I am not complaining cause it has only been 9 business days. Can't wait for that plastic though!

Y'all have good luck now!


ZMoore0595
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby ZMoore0595 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:13 pm

K5CLC wrote:All these super fast turnaround times. As of this morning I'm still on fingerprints under review, background check under review since 11/22/16. 7 weeks exactly. :bigmouth :waiting: Attempted to call. "due to high call volume all customer service representatives are assisting other customers, please try again later."



When this happens to me I usually just wait two minutes and call and they usually have a 15 minute wait. Or other times I just call till I get the wait time. I've never had to dial more than four times to get it to not say all reps are busy. I think honestly the automated answering machine is designed to make us wait :grumble


ktfiend
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Katy TX

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby ktfiend » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:30 am

Well, it appears that 10 days is the magic wait time. My status finally appeared early this morning with a bunch of green. I suspect status should update again in about 3 more days.

:thewave
Attachments
20170210_082517.png

User avatar

K5CLC
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Contact:

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby K5CLC » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 am

ktfiend wrote:Well, it appears that 10 days is the magic wait time. My status finally appeared early this morning with a bunch of green. I suspect status should update again in about 3 more days.

:thewave


Amazing... My wait time from class on 11/19 to 2/10/2017 and my status is finally MAILED this morning.

:thewave

MAILED!!!

:thewave
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

User avatar

K5CLC
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Contact:

Plastic in hand!

Postby K5CLC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:19 pm

My license Showed up in today's mail.
What a great day.
I am going on my 'walk' tonight hopefully if time allows.
There will be pictures, and I will be posting them for encouragement to others who are waiting.

SO.. Here is my complete timeline from beginning to end....

11/19 - LTC class and range certification taken
11/21 - fingerprints taken
11/22 - applied online and packet of papers electronically filed with DPS
12/06 - application went into review
waited..waited..waited..called called called.. Got a decent rep who said i should submit my priors that it might be holding my license up.
1/27 - downloaded CHL 87C supporting doc, sent in my misdemeanor info from 22 years ago.
2/3 - status changed to print pending
2/10 - status changed to mailed
2/13 - license in the mail...

Many thanks to all,
Chris
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse


dudebassoon
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby dudebassoon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Where did you find the CHL 87C supporting doc?

User avatar

K5CLC
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Contact:

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby K5CLC » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm

dudebassoon wrote:Where did you find the CHL 87C supporting doc?


Sorry it was a 78C not an 87C, but go here.

http://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/forms/index.htm

Thanks,
Chris
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse


ktfiend
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Katy TX

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby ktfiend » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Well, I got my coffee order before my license cleared! This Black Rifle Coffee Company CAF is amazing!

http://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

I found it due to another post on this forum somewhere.


CTGilley
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby CTGilley » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:25 pm

dudebassoon wrote:I guess I am brand new and have a long wait ahead. Glad to begin the journey :

Application Submission : 1/12
Finger Print Submission : 1/13
CHL Class Submission : 1/30

Current status online is no change or acknowledgement that anything has been received. It just says if you are submitting an application please leave sufficient time for processing. I am not complaining cause it has only been 9 business days. Can't wait for that plastic though!

Y'all have good luck now!


I submitted the same dates as you and I am "Print Pending" today.


dudebassoon
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby dudebassoon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:22 pm

CTGilley wrote:
dudebassoon wrote:I guess I am brand new and have a long wait ahead. Glad to begin the journey :

Application Submission : 1/12
Finger Print Submission : 1/13
CHL Class Submission : 1/30

Current status online is no change or acknowledgement that anything has been received. It just says if you are submitting an application please leave sufficient time for processing. I am not complaining cause it has only been 9 business days. Can't wait for that plastic though!

Y'all have good luck now!


I submitted the same dates as you and I am "Print Pending" today.



Dang! Must be I am a degenerate or there are a ton of people with my same name who are degenerates....


ktfiend
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Katy TX

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby ktfiend » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:40 pm

How does one turn off the Jeopardy music constantly playing in their head? Geez... :nopity


ktfiend
Junior Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Katy TX

Re: 2017 Wait time

Postby ktfiend » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 am

Yay, print pending this morning! Happy Friday to me!!!

:thewave


Return to “The "Waiting Room"”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests