2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by SA-TX »

Submitted on 9/4, received it today. :thewave

agsalaza30
Posts in topic: 5

Post by agsalaza30 »

agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn

*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo

Update!!!!
As of this morning... Online status is ALL GREEN and showing "MAILED". Should have it in hand by end of the week. I'm in Houston area...
***18 days to get to the "Mailed" staus for my journey***
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave

agsalaza30

Post by agsalaza30 »

agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:
agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn

*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo

Update!!!!
9-26-17... As of this morning... Online status is ALL GREEN and showing "MAILED". Should have it in hand by end of the week. I'm in Houston area...
***18 days to get to the "Mailed" staus for my journey***
:patriot: :txflag: :thewave

UPDATE!!!
9-27-17... Plastic in hand!!! 19 Days Total
:anamatedbanana :woohoo :txflag: :patriot:
:thewave

sammeow
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sammeow »

Very suprised , 11 business days for renewal. Submitted Saturday the 17 th and in hand today.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Killadocg23 »

Well, I mailed in my stuff and DPS received it on 9/8
Called today said it was mailed out on 10/2. so expecting it this week.
So 16 business days from receiving application to mailing it out.
Not bad!

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Killadocg23 »

Got my card today.
In total it took me exactly ONE month 9/4-10/4 from the day I went to the post office to mail the supplies off to picking it up from my mailbox.
DPS just took 16 business days from receiving it to mailing it out. Not bad! I sent everything in one time too so I'm sure that helped a lot!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for this information on processing times folks. DPS is doing a fantastic job and it doesn't appear that lowering the state fee has caused a backlog problem.

Chas.

Hack Job

Post by Hack Job »

9/18 Completed online renewal and pymt
10/6 Mailed

15 business days. This includes a delay where I was required to submit documentation updating my mil status to retired. The update was taken care of with a quick phone call and an email.

amichener

Post by amichener »

LTC Status

September 1st – Submitted My Application
September 10th – Submitted My Fingerprints With Identigo
October 7th – Completed the LTC Class and Qualifications
October 7th – Submitted the LTC100 Electronically To TXDPS
October 10th – DPS Website Updated To Everything Green Except Fingerprints, Background Check, and Print Pending are Yellow
October 19th - Fingerprints and Background Check are now GREEN
October 21st - Status changed to MAILED
October 23rd - Plastic Received :thewave

Total of 16 days once everything was submitted to TXDPS

:patriot:
Last edited by amichener on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

17 September online renewal and payment

10 October mailed

My first LTC!

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

redacted

Post by redacted »

Class taken 10/1
Application Submitted (with fee payment) 10/1
Fingerprints on 10/4
Fingerprints received and Pending Background Check 10/6
Background check done, print pending 10/14
Status moved to Mailed today 10/20 and it was in the mailbox when I got home!

Overall, 19 days total.
Last edited by redacted on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dzydvl

Post by Dzydvl »

Well it’s nice to see there are other people like me who make a habit out of checking the DPS site. I’ve replaced 2 F5 keys and 3 band-aid for blisters ;-)

Online Application Submitted - 10-9-17
Fingerprints at IdentaGo - 10-13-17
LTC Class passed and Paperwork scanned - 10-16-17

So I guess we will go from there. I expect my BG to take a little longer due to being a new TX resident (2 yrs), but lived in WI for 38 years.

UPDATE - everything is now showing up in the DPS site, BGC is under review, so that’s good news :-)

Gripe - Time goes slower on the weekend I swear I saw the clock running backwards a few times today....... OK back to cleaning my pistol

UPDATE - it finally happened!!!!!! I logged in this morning like I usually do, and noticed the yellow box was a little smaller. Background check is complete. :anamatedbanana :hurry:

EVEN BETTER UPDATE - The website went all green this morning at 6:40 am. It’s officially been mailed... I’ll post up when it arrives so you have a final count on days, but paperwork to mailed 15 days. I’m guessing it will be here on a Friday.

FINAL UPDATE - Plastic arrived Nov 2nd!!!!!! Damn that was quick....
Last edited by Dzydvl on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Glock438715
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Glock438715 »

Dzydvl wrote:Well it’s nice to see there are other people like me who make a habit out of checking the DPS site. I’ve replaced 2 F5 keys and 3 band-aid for blisters ;-)

So I guess we will go from there. I expect my BG to take a little longer due to being a new TX resident (2 yrs), but lived in WI for 38 years.

UPDATE - everything is now showing up in the DSP site, BGC is under review, so that’s good news :-)

Gripe - Time goes slower on the weekend I swear I saw the clock running backwards a few times today....... OK back to cleaning my pistol
About the same for me.. I submitted everything monday 10/9... All green checks (except background and print) 10/10 i thought that was fast lol.
This past friday morning at my mandatory 730am check haha background done green check... Im ready to check my print pending in 9 hours lol
Proud Father. Proud Husband. Proud Texan.
I couldn't be happier.... :coolgleamA:

Dzydvl

Post by Dzydvl »

Glock438715 wrote:
Dzydvl wrote:Well it’s nice to see there are other people like me who make a habit out of checking the DPS site. I’ve replaced 2 F5 keys and 3 band-aid for blisters ;-)

UPDATE - everything is now showing up in the DSP site, BGC is under review, so that’s good news :-)

About the same for me.. I submitted everything monday 10/9... All green checks (except background and print) 10/10 i thought that was fast lol.
This past friday morning at my mandatory 730am check haha background done green check... Im ready to check my print pending in 9 hours lol
So how long did it take to to change from Print Pending to whatever is next??

jestedsniper

Post by jestedsniper »

Dzydvl wrote:
So how long did it take to to change from Print Pending to whatever is next??
Mine took 4 days to go from print pending to mailed.

Status was print pending on Thursday the 19th, and switched to mailed on Tuesday the 24th.
:txflag:
"If you want to FEEL safe carry a rabbit's foot. If you want to BE safe carry a .45..."

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”