2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 13

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by ktfiend »

FINALLY!!!!!

1/25 Class successfully completed
1/28 Application submitted and paid
1/30 Fingerprint appt complete
1/31 Supporting docs emailed and acknowledged
2/10 Status updated on DPS website - all green down to background under review
2/17 Print pending
2/20 Mailed
2/23 License in hand!!!

I'm relieved that the waiting game is over for me. Now on to finding a job to support my expensive new toys! :txflag:

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

ktfiend wrote:FINALLY!!!!!

1/25 Class successfully completed
1/28 Application submitted and paid
1/30 Fingerprint appt complete
1/31 Supporting docs emailed and acknowledged
2/10 Status updated on DPS website - all green down to background under review
2/17 Print pending
2/20 Mailed
2/23 License in hand!!!

I'm relieved that the waiting game is over for me. Now on to finding a job to support my expensive new toys! :txflag:

Congrats ktfiend!!

As for supporting your habit, didn't you mention you were an accountant? I'm sure forum members will be glad to let you prepare their taxes, as long as you will work for ammo!! :biggrinjester:

Good luck, and keep us updated, on your carry experiences. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 13

Post by ktfiend »

Jusme wrote:
Congrats ktfiend!!

As for supporting your habit, didn't you mention you were an accountant? I'm sure forum members will be glad to let you prepare their taxes, as long as you will work for ammo!! :biggrinjester:

Good luck, and keep us updated, on your carry experiences. :tiphat:
Yes but I do International Oil and Gas Tax... I could swing a few personal returns though. Lol

:rolll

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

This is not a timeline for a new application or renewal, but an address change.

Address change submitted Monday, plastic in hand on Saturday. :tiphat:

LTC Webb
Posts in topic: 7

Post by LTC Webb »

OK, so I took the class for LTC on November 5th and submitted full app with fingerprints done on 11/9 but the DPS did not receive my application until 12/1/2016.

At the end of January (60 days) my online application status still had finger prints and background check "under review". I was able to get through to DPS and was informed that there was a huge amount of apps submitted and that the actually had up to 180 days to complete. She actually said and I quote "60 days is a guideline".

For obvious reasons I did not argue with the lady who was helping me but daaaaang!

This morning ( 2/27/2017) my background and fingerprint went "green" on the status checklist at DPS website, the only thing left is "print".

today marks ~88 days from the time they received the app, ~120 since I submitted.

We shall see.

Slider15
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Slider15 »

First post here, hello everyone! :txflag:

Submitied Application - 2/14
Fingerprints - 2/16
LTC class - 2/24
Submitted docs - 2/24
Just waiting now... :banghead:

Mdail29

Post by Mdail29 »

LTC Webb wrote:OK, so I took the class for LTC on November 5th and submitted full app with fingerprints done on 11/9 but the DPS did not receive my application until 12/1/2016.

At the end of January (60 days) my online application status still had finger prints and background check "under review". I was able to get through to DPS and was informed that there was a huge amount of apps submitted and that the actually had up to 180 days to complete. She actually said and I quote "60 days is a guideline".

For obvious reasons I did not argue with the lady who was helping me but daaaaang!

This morning ( 2/27/2017) my background and fingerprint went "green" on the status checklist at DPS website, the only thing left is "print".

today marks ~88 days from the time they received the app, ~120 since I submitted.

We shall see.
I looked this up, and they are wrong. They probably tell you this in the chance that you will just give them more time, BUT according to Title 4, Subtitle B, Chapter 411, Section 411.177, Sub section B--The Department has no more than 60 days to issue you the license or send you a letter of denial. I believe that the department needs to be held to this standard.

LTC Webb

Post by LTC Webb »

Mis-quoted in this area.
Last edited by LTC Webb on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTC Webb

Post by LTC Webb »

Mdail29 wrote:
LTC Webb wrote:OK, so I took the class for LTC on November 5th and submitted full app with fingerprints done on 11/9 but the DPS did not receive my application until 12/1/2016.

We shall see.
I looked this up, and they are wrong. They probably tell you this in the chance that you will just give them more time, BUT according to Title 4, Subtitle B, Chapter 411, Section 411.177, Sub section B--The Department has no more than 60 days to issue you the license or send you a letter of denial. I believe that the department needs to be held to this standard.
I agree!

I didn't complain because I was afraid she would put my app in the "get to later" pile but I agree.

Who should I complain to?

Mdail29

Post by Mdail29 »

LTC Webb wrote:
Mdail29 wrote:

We shall see.
I agree!

I didn't complain because I was afraid she would put my app in the "get to later" pile but I agree.

Who should I complain to?

I am not sure. Maybe your State Rep/Senator? It is a shame that the people that are trying to follow the law are put on hold for so long with out being able to get updated on the status of their request. I submitted mine and received the confirmation email on 1/16. I am still waiting and they will not give me any updates as to the status.

Padd

Post by Padd »

Padd wrote:
Padd wrote:
Padd wrote:Application: 1/9/17
LTC course: 1/10/17
CHL-100 form submitted: 1/10/17 (also receipt confirmed)
Fingerprints: 1/12/17

The website does not have anything up for me yet.
Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review
No changes. I sent an email through RSD to confirm my fingerprints were okay on 2/6. I have not heard anything back.

Although I was not asked to send in any documents re: arrests, I've seen a lot of posts here where the DPS has come back 60 days later and requested the docs, then restarted the counter. With that in mind, I submitted all of the court docs on 2/7 for a 2007 arrest for a non-disqualifying misdemeanor from when I lived in Georgia. Hopefully that will expedite the process.

I'm thinking my background check is being held up by the fact that I lived in multiple cities in Georgia from 1988 to 2010, and I have moved back and forth between Atlanta and Austin a couple of times since 2010. Plus the aforementioned misdemeanor from college.
I went all green, print pending on Saturday 2/25. Should be in the mail soon.

EDIT: I just thought I would add that I'm an attorney barred in Georgia and Florida. I took the Texas bar exam last week. The requirements for the background check required by DPS for a LTC are pretty similar to the requirements for the basic background check required by the Texas BLE for admission to the bar. It seemed pretty coincidental that my background check for my LTC was finally completed and approved a day after I finished sitting for the Texas bar exam. I'm probably looking too much into this and it truly is a coincidence, but interesting timing nonetheless.

Avisaff
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Avisaff »

All information received by state: 2/6
Mailed: 3/1

JCC511
Posts in topic: 18

Post by JCC511 »

My wife got in touch with someone yesterday, but all they told her was that they have 180 days to process once additional supporting documents are received. She said she told them to make a note that she would be calling twice a week until it comes in. "rlol"
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Gunner4640 »

Paid renewal 2-4 finally got status on web 2-20 BG and prints under review just waiting? Does the sight still only update once a day? I've not been on it in 4 years. My chl does not expire till July
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

LTC Webb

Post by LTC Webb »

JCC511 wrote:My wife got in touch with someone yesterday, but all they told her was that they have 180 days to process once additional supporting documents are received. She said she told them to make a note that she would be calling twice a week until it comes in. "rlol"
That's what they told me too, I went all green Monday (2/27) except for "pending print".

Still the same this AM. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”