2017 Wait time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2017 Wait time

Post by SA-TX »

9/4 Renewal sent online. It will be interesting to see how long it takes with the expected "new cheaper rate" surge.

SA-TX

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

SA-TX wrote:9/4 Renewal sent online. It will be interesting to see how long it takes with the expected "new cheaper rate" surge.

SA-TX
I sent mine in on 9/1. I figure with the holiday and the people, like me, that waited for the price drop we will have a little longer wait. We shall see.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Killadocg23 »

Anybody sent their stuff in by mail and not online app? Was wondering how long it usually takes if you do it by mail?

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txglock21 »

Killadocg23 wrote:Anybody sent their stuff in by mail and not online app? Was wondering how long it usually takes if you do it by mail?
I can't say these days, but back when I did my initial application by mail, it was no different than online. :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Stripes Dude
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Stripes Dude »

Renewal sent 9/1. Interesting that it now says "fingerprints being reviewed". I don't know what that means, given I had electronic prints done for my initial license.

Houston_Chef

Post by Houston_Chef »

Well I've been reading this a while. Decided to wait until after new fee schedule and take my chances on waiting. Here's my time line.

Took class and the Harvey struck !!! :shock:

9/5 application online done and fingerprints scheduled
9/6 fingerprinting done
9/9 all clear and print pending
Today 9/13 all clear and mailed status

:txflag: :txflag: :patriot:

agsalaza30
Posts in topic: 5

Post by agsalaza30 »

New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn

bamhauser
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bamhauser »

When I filled out the application online and listed my laughable tiny criminal history, I didn't notice ANYWHERE that it asked for official copies of dispositions. Did something change or do people around this forum just mail those in to speed up the process? I'd send them in the mail if I knew exactly where to send the envelope. I just recently filled out the app so I still have time to fix this if I need to. Advice appreciated :)

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Sent my stuff in on September 1st for my first renewal and I just got my shiny new LTC in the mail. I used the online documentation area to send them my new DL number and they changed it without so much as a hiccup. :anamatedbanana
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Houston_Chef

Post by Houston_Chef »

Houston_Chef wrote:Well I've been reading this a while. Decided to wait until after new fee schedule and take my chances on waiting. Here's my time line.

Took class and the Harvey struck !!! :shock:

9/5 application online done and fingerprints scheduled
9/6 fingerprinting done
9/9 all clear and print pending
Today 9/13 all clear and mailed status

:txflag: :txflag: :patriot:

Update****

Plastic in hand !! :cheers2: :woohoo

All together 9 days total. Wow.

Stripes Dude

Post by Stripes Dude »

Stripes Dude wrote:Renewal sent 9/1. Interesting that it now says "fingerprints being reviewed". I don't know what that means, given I had electronic prints done for my initial license.
Print pending as of today. That was quicker than I expected after 9/1 fee reduction.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Killadocg23 »

Man, I hope it doesn't take long. I had to send mine in by mail because DPS didn't have my SSN on file(I am a foreign student) and when I went to add it they told me I would have to pay for a new license etc and I didn't want to. USPS says package was delivered to DPS on 9/8. So lets see how long they take to mail me back for my fingerprints. I sent in Everything including the fee already!!!

Stripes Dude

Post by Stripes Dude »

Stripes Dude wrote:
Stripes Dude wrote:Renewal sent 9/1. Interesting that it now says "fingerprints being reviewed". I don't know what that means, given I had electronic prints done for my initial license.
Print pending as of today. That was quicker than I expected after 9/1 fee reduction.
Mailed today. That's 18 days. I'm not counting time in the mail, because DPS can't be responsible for whatever happens or doesn't happen with the outstanding "rlol" mail service that we typically experience.

Certainly better than I was expecting.

agsalaza30

Post by agsalaza30 »

agsalaza30 wrote:New guy here! Very excited about the process to get my LTC. Anxiously waiting...

Julyish - Bought my first hand gun :patriot: :txflag:
Sept 9th - Certification course taken and PASSED!
Sept 9th - Submitted my application online
Sept 13th - Online website status updated; All greens except for fingerprints, Background Review, and Print Pending...
Sept 13th - Submitted fingerprints via Identogo
Next...
Wait... :waiting: :yawn

*****Update!

Sept 18th - I submitted all my disposition paperwork for my small criminal history of (4) offenses ***(BTW, none of the paperwork for my dispositions was official/notarized. I pulled all of it off the county district clerk's websites. One disposition was simply a print out from Cameron county district clerk's computer system with highlighter and writing showing that my case had been dismissed and there is no record.
Sept 19th - I received an email stating that one of my disposition documents was SECURED and could not be opened so I needed to submit another copy that wasn't password protected. Since that copy was pulled off the Harris county district clerk's website and I didn't have a password to unlock it, I simply downloaded a PDF app on my phone, snapped a picture of the PDF on my computer screen, converted that picture to a PDF, and emailed it to myself so that I could submit it online again.
Sept 19th - I submitted the new PDF copy of my disposition from Harris county
Sept 21st - Online status has updated to all greens except for the "Print Pending". Backgrounds and fingerprints are all green; Print Pending is yellow.
So I guess the timeline from start to the point of "Print Pending" for me would be "13 days". And that is a brand new application after September 1, 2017, NOT a renewal. Just mentioning that because everyone has expected a huge wait time due to new applications and back logs because of the reduced price in applications, etc.

SUPER EXCITED! So ready to get my plastic in hand. I'll update once the status changes to "Mailed"... :woohoo

agsalaza30

Post by agsalaza30 »

bamhauser wrote:When I filled out the application online and listed my laughable tiny criminal history, I didn't notice ANYWHERE that it asked for official copies of dispositions. Did something change or do people around this forum just mail those in to speed up the process? I'd send them in the mail if I knew exactly where to send the envelope. I just recently filled out the app so I still have time to fix this if I need to. Advice appreciated :)

Hey brother! I had the same problem as far as not seeing anywhere to submit the copies of dispositions. However, after going through the complete process online, I noticed a place on the DPS website where you submit your LTC-100 AND "Supporting Documents". After a small scare that I gave myself (explained below), I gathered all my dispositions (Nothing official or notarized BTW), and submitted them on the same website as I submitted the LTC-100 document.

At first I wasn't even going to submit any of the disposition paperwork because I wasn't worried about having to wait. However, after reading several of these online posts on the forum and seeing at least one person get denied until 2018 or 2019 (dont remember exactly) due to a similar situation as mine. Situation being... One of my offenses was dismissed and now there is no record of the dispositon. I quickly gathered all my dispositions and letter of no record from years ago i requested, submitted them on the DPS website a week later, and by the end of that second week my application review was complete. I'm guessing that submitting the dispositions will greatly speed up the process. Unfortunately, I can't tell you for sure whether or not you HAVE to submit them as I ended up not riding out that path...

Hope this helps you out a little. Check out my update in the post before this one. It's got some good information about the disposition paperwork and process...

:fire

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”