Status Says Mailed But No License For Over a Month

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasRedfish115
Posts in topic: 3

Status Says Mailed But No License For Over a Month

Post by TexasRedfish115 »

Hi everyone, I am a new member to this site but I have read a few topics while waiting for my license. My question is that I took my class around Thanksgiving 2016 and had all of my paperwork and fingerprinting done either before or within a week of taking the class. I checked the online status and everything moved along quickly. On the week of December 14, I checked my status and it said everything was green and that my license had been mailed. I went home from college and came back about a month later and still no license in the mail. My status is no longer even listed online, I assume because they think I received it. I still have not seen my license yet. Last week I emailed the office on the status website and tried to call about ten times. I got an email saying they received my question but no actual reply. And all of my calls said they were busy to call back later. I would just like to know if this is normal or if there is anything I should/can do. Sorry for the long post, but I would really appreciate it if anyone has any advice, Thanks!

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Status Says Mailed But No License For Over a Month

Post by Jusme »

First off welcome to the forum :tiphat:

That is odd, if you have a residence different than your DL, they may have held it to verify the correct address.

If tbey were the same, it sounds like it got lost, either by the post office, or it was intercepted while you were away from your residence.
Continue to email the DPS, they will be the ones to reissue you one.
Good luck.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
TexasRedfish115

Thank you, glad to be here!

I filled out all of my residential information as my parents house like on my DL and voting information, etc. But for all of the mailing information I listed as my apartment where I live for college. I haven't had a problem doing this with the paperwork for the license or voting application a few months ago, so it would seem like that wouldn't be an issue but who knows.

And yes, my fear is that the USPS magically made it vanish, because I had one lost letter, one envelope that arrived damaged and empty, and two packages that showed up about two weeks later than they were supposed to in the past three months from the post office. So I don't have much faith in them from my experience.

I will try to call the DPS again tomorrow and maybe the post office and see if I can get any information. I just wanted to know if this was normal or not. Thanks again for the quick response

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 2

I'm trying the proactive approach

Post by K5CLC »

Since 11/22 when my LTC paperwork was submitted, and went into review on December 6th I've checked the site everyday and called the DPS customer service folks enough to know i left out something on my application.. something that happened 22 years ago, which i've mentioned before in previous posts. (Basically a misdemeanor that was dismissed) but non-the-less it was most likely the cause of my slow approval. I decided to not wait for the 60 days or more to hear from them. I downloaded the CHL-78C form this morning and filled it out with specifics to the date of the offense, the offense itself, the arresting agency and location, and the full disposition, aka, it was dismissed and what date. I just uploaded it as a supporting document. It is the hope that this is what they need, and will accept it early before they ask for it. I will of course post updates as they occur. Hopefully if anyone is going through the same thing, made the same mistake i did, it will help them as well in the future.
Chris
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

Topic author
TexasRedfish115

I finally found out my issue, after calling 5 times and waiting on hold for 30 minutes. Evidently they messed up my address some how, and it was returned to them as undeliverable by the post office and they never said anything to me. I am 90% sure I entered the address right because I triple check things like that, but either way, I can't believe there isn't a flag or something on the online status when something like this occurs so you know to call and fix the issue. I was told it should arrive in two weeks, so I will try to update when i receive it in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Rangley

Post by Rangley »

TexasRedfish115 wrote:I finally found out my issue, after calling 5 times and waiting on hold for 30 minutes. Evidently they messed up my address some how, and it was returned to them as undeliverable by the post office and they never said anything to me. I am 90% sure I entered the address right because I triple check things like that, but either way, I can't believe there isn't a flag or something on the online status when something like this occurs so you know to call and fix the issue. I was told it should arrive in two weeks, so I will try to update when i receive it in case anyone else is having similar issues.
I have had the same issue. Have they sent you your license yet? If so, how long did it take? Thanks

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Call them. This happened to a friend of mine and USPS had returned to sender due to "incorrect address" even though it was the correct address. They sent it to her office and it was received in a couple of days.

16driver

Post by 16driver »

can you carry without the actual license in hand while you wait?

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K5CLC »

16driver wrote:can you carry without the actual license in hand while you wait?
Only until the officer asks if you have a license to carry and then seeing none procedes to disarm you , hand cuff you, and blow your chance of ever seeing a license...

:???:
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

Kuhn

Post by Kuhn »

What is that in my ear Officer? My pistol sir. :fire

allisji

Post by allisji »

With driver's licenses I believe that you can print a "temporary license" in the mean time while you wait for the official license to arrive in the mail. So I think that the question is a valid one. Unfortunately there is no such thing for LTCs to my knowledge. By law you are required to have your license on your person when carrying under the authority of the Handgun Licensing Law.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”