Address change while renewing?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
MolonLabe
Posts in topic: 2

Address change while renewing?

Post by MolonLabe »

Any suggestions on changing address while renewing. I just moved and changed my DL today. I need to also change my CHL which is due to expire in March. Went on website and there is an option to change address and I'm wondering if I should do that before renewing or will there be an option once start the renewal process? Thanks

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Address change while renewing?

Post by twomillenium »

My son changed his address when he moved and since his was going to expire in within 6 months, he opted to renew and did not have any problems. Just make sure your DL is changed too. (this happened 10 years ago.)
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
MolonLabe
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Address change while renewing?

Post by MolonLabe »

twomillenium wrote:My son changed his address when he moved and since his was going to expire in within 6 months, he opted to renew and did not have any problems. Just make sure your DL is changed too. (this happened 10 years ago.)
Thank you! I finally got through to CHL office. I guess there is an option to update my info while renewing, which avoids the $25 additional change fee.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”