Does DPS notify you on your status page that a letter has been sent out for more information?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
007Glock
Posts in topic: 1

Does DPS notify you on your status page that a letter has been sent out for more information?

Post by 007Glock »

Hi, just out of curiosity, does DPS notify you on your status page that a letter has been mailed out for more information on anything? Or will you not know until a letter just pops up in your mail?

Has anyone had any experience with this? Do they at least notify you on your status page that they sent a letter requesting more information?

I just always get inpatient with having to wait. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

mccloven27

Re: Does DPS notify you on your status page that a letter has been sent out for more information?

Post by mccloven27 »

Unfortunately they do not. You will just recieve a letter in the mail one day. Also as a point of note if you are unfortunate enough to get a letter (i got one for accidnetly listing a ticket as an arrest) then you might be in for a long wait. I got one after submitting my paperwork in november of 2016. I got my extra paperwork in as requested in early december. I am stilling waiting with no update. Every time i call them they tell me they recieved the paperwork but cannot give me any more information. When I ask if they can at least tell me where my application is in the que i was told they cannot check any further until june (after the 180 days is up) so i basically am just being delayed for the 6 months because my application probably got lost in the system somewhere.

mylostclub

Re: Does DPS notify you on your status page that a letter has been sent out for more information?

Post by mylostclub »

I just posted on another topic about having issues with - "60 Days Passed and now my status has changed"

When my status changed, the website did say that photo was unacceptable, and the were sending me a letter. 3 days later I got the letter.

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

I'm actually one of those people that saw my status change to "Request sent for further information" and it updated that section to a yellow color. I saw it update to that and then waited probably a week and just randomly got a letter from DPS.

Apparently my CHL 100 form did not have my instructor's printed name on the classroom section of the form, so they rejected my application because it was "incomplete". A few minutes in photoshop and resubmit my paperwork online again, and I was good to go.

I was one of those people that checked my status once a day, so that "week" probably could have been a couple of days.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”