Waiting Time with a record - Real Time

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ccook79
Posts in topic: 1

Waiting Time with a record - Real Time

Post by ccook79 »

Took CHL Class 2-5-17
Fingerprints/Texas CHL Application - 2-8-17
Received email stating all documents received - 2-21-17

I have a DWI which was 15+ years ago but happy with wait time

Print Pending Status to green on 5-12-17
Status Changed to Mailed 5-16-17
:patriot:

007Glock
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Waiting Time with a record - Real Time

Post by 007Glock »

ccook79 wrote:Took CHL Class 2-5-17
Fingerprints/Texas CHL Application - 2-8-17
Received email stating all documents received - 2-21-17

I have a DWI which was 15+ years ago but happy with wait time

Print Pending Status to green on 5-12-17
Status Changed to Mailed 5-16-17
:patriot:
I have a misdemeanor DWI conviction also on my record. The above doesn't reflect the "real waiting time" with a record. I got a certified disposition from the court and submitted it with my supporting documents from the very beginning. I think that this key preparation was responsible for my fast turnaround time, which I was very impressed with. I thought at minimum I would have to wait the whole 60 days and from what I've been reading, 90 or 120 days. Luckily, the time from submitting my application and submitting supporting documents to background check completed and print pending was only 34 days! I consider myself very lucky that my application was completed in such a short period of time, and I am grateful to DPS working in a timely manner to get applications completed! I had called them a few times during the wait, and they told me I did an excellent job of getting everything together and sending it all at once in the first place. You don't have to be waiting over 60 or 90 days just because you have something on your record that could hold things up. Correct preparation is the key and with that, DPS will get your applications done in a quick timely manner with the fastest possible time so you don't have to wait all the way until 60 days, 90, 120, or even 180 days. Good preparation from the beginning is the key guys. I think they did a great job over there, considering my circumstances like many others who might have something on their record. 34 days from submission to print pending!

GOD BLESS THE STATE OF TEXAS :txflag:

Here is my timeline below:

Submitted LTC application: 4/10/2017
Fingerprints and submitted supporting documents (including certified court disposition of my DWI): 4/11/2017
RSD email verifying supporting documents received: 4/12/2017
Background check completed, status changed to PRINT PENDING: 5/16/2017
Now just waiting for status to say MAILED and get my plastic in hand!!!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”