Mailing issues

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Ahil925
Posts in topic: 5

Mailing issues

Post by Ahil925 »

Hello all,
This is a terrible way to start posting but I have some problems and questions. My LTC was marked mailed on 8/2/2017 and I still haven't received it. The local (Pecos) post office is (by general consensus) incompetent and has lost some other of my mail as well it seems. I called the DPS RSD and was told that I'D have to wait 30 business days to request a new one, which would be on 9/11/2017 if I counted correctly.

So my problems are thus:
1) does anyone have the address from which the DPS mails out the LTC, as I need that to do a "Missing Mail" search through USPS? Also, how are the envolpoes shipped? Priority, standard, insured???

2) the new laws concerning the cost of applying for an LTC go into effect on 9/1/2017. Had I known that USPS was going to bungle the process I'd have waited to start the process to save the money. Do I have any recourse with USPS over their boobery of the situation?

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mailing issues

Post by RogueUSMC »

I don't think there is tracking on this stuff...just standard first class letter IIRC.

USPS has been screwing up my packages at an increasing rate lately...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I "lost" mail on a regular base when I lived in an apartment in Carrollton. UPS deliverd my packages to #710 but mine was #701. I was lucky to have a honest neighbor.
Check if there is a similar street address with a similar name. Just my 2 cents :-)

On the other hand I would like a LTC issued on 9/11 :patriot:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

USPS has for years been an incompetent service and the people working there just don't seem to care. As their finances get worse so has their morale. There is a service, not available in all areas, that will show what first class letters you will be receiving and they send you an email every day. Sign up at
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/p ... art.action
if it is available in your area. The good, it shows what's coming that day. The bad, they still don't deliver it and you never find out where it went. I just had a "discussion" with my substitute carrier about what happened to a whole days mail including bank statements that I knew were coming but never showed. Still don't have the bank statements but at least I could download them online.
I do recommend the informed delivery application so at least you know what you should be receiving even though it may never show up. They scan the envelope and include that in the email. You can notify them also that you didn't receive your email but it won't help as they never respond. This won't help with your present problem but it may help in the future. Perhaps someone is running around though with your LTC permit and using it as ID or worse. Something to consider.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I have had nothing but good experiences with the USPS. I do live in a very small town. However,I have had packages delivered to Austin and San Antonio in a day with normal service. My local postman will also hand deliver packages which are too large for my box to my door or porch. I have had much more trouble with Fed Ex and UPS, Fed Ex being the worst and I say this even though I have a soft spot for them as my BIL just retired from them after 30 years.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

WTR wrote:I have had nothing but good experiences with the USPS. I do live in a very small town. However,I have had packages delivered to Austin and San Antonio in a day with normal service. My local postman will also hand deliver packages which are too large for my box to my door or porch. I have had much more trouble with Fed Ex and UPS, Fed Ex being the worst and I say this even though I have a soft spot for them as my BIL just retired from them after 30 years.
Sign up for the above and find out how much of your mail is not delivered. You may think you have good service but if you don't receive some mail how do you know you haven't received it? You may be surprised.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I refer to the USPS as the USPOS... Lots of known lost mail, the latest one being a prescription from the mail order pharmacy. Because the USPOS marked it as delivered to the mailbox, but it wasn't there, we are SOL. No way to file a missing package because they point to their records that say it was delivered. 300 dollars later because we had to pay cash to get it at the local pharmacy I'm about livid...
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

It's a very innocuous envelop from the state. Only give away is DPS name and address.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
Ahil925

Post by Ahil925 »

rotor wrote:snip
I signed up for informed delivery just after I read your post.
bmwrdr wrote:I "lost" mail on a regular base when I lived in an apartment in Carrollton. UPS deliverd my packages to #710 but mine was #701. I was lucky to have a honest neighbor.
Check if there is a similar street address with a similar name. Just my 2 cents :-)

On the other hand I would like a LTC issued on 9/11 :patriot:
My street is a rather short street and I've already checked with my neighbours, no joy.

I filed a lost mail search with USPS but I have zero confidence that will produce any results. I double checked my maths and I'm going to be able to request a reissue on the 12th of September :cryin . Knowing my luck the day after I get my reissue in the mail the I'll get the original in. I live where I do because of work but it feels like everyday this town give me another reason to find somewhere else.

infoman

Post by infoman »

They mail regular mail, not certified. & they mail from San Antonio not Austin, although the envelopes will have the DPS Austin address on it.

Topic author
Ahil925

Post by Ahil925 »

Just an update:
Called the DPS RSD on 9/13/17 and told them my woes. The lady on the phone said that as a courtesy they would reissue my LTC. As of today, 9/20/17, still nothing in the mail. Will just have to keep waiting I guess :totap:

Topic author
Ahil925

Post by Ahil925 »

Huzzah, yesterday my LTC finally came in the mail. It was a long and annoying journey but I now have it!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Well, Congrats on your new LTC. Now it's time to do your wally walk. If you dont mind me asking, what pistol and holster will you be carrying? And...if you havent bought one yet a gun belt would be a useful addition to your every day carry. :fire

Topic author
Ahil925

Post by Ahil925 »

Haven't done the wallyworld walk but I did go to a local grocery store. Currently I'm carrying a P3AT I inherited from my father with an Andrews pocket holster. I have a Bersa 380 that I'd like to carry as well but I don't have a holster option for it yet.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”