October 2017 Application timeline

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
K9Texas
Posts in topic: 2

October 2017 Application timeline

Post by K9Texas »

I am in Dallas. I wanted to post the progress of the application so others can gauge the current wait times.

October 5th ---- Submitted LTC Application via Internet and Paid the State Fee
October 6th ---- Had fingerprints taken by Identogo (They submit to DPS)
October 23rd --- Submitted form LTC 100 (LTC Class / Range taken on October 21st)
October 26th --- Notice from DPS, all categories green, except Background Check and License Printed. those two are yellow
October 27th --- Background Check Complete (Green) Print Pending (Yellow)
NOTE> I am retired Law Enforcement :txflag: and Retired Military :patriot: . Don't know if this is why background was done in such a short time
October 30th.... Printed / Mailed (Green)
November 1st ...License arrived in the mail
Last edited by K9Texas on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
:patriot: God Bless These United States of America :patriot:

Dzydvl

Re: October 2017 Application timeline

Post by Dzydvl »

Welcome to the club..... I'm about a week ahead of you, I submitted my LTC100 on the 16th, so it will be interesting. Just remember DPS usually updates the website between 7-8 AM. Not that I keep checking or anything...

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Welcome to both of you. There is lots of great info on this forum.

As a suggestion I make to most of those in waiting, wear your EDC around the house every chance you get. See what works and what doesn't work for you. Get comfortable with the extra weight. Most of all, get a good GUN belt and holster.

Be safe and may you never have to use it.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
K9Texas

Post by K9Texas »

RPBrown wrote:Welcome to both of you. There is lots of great info on this forum.

As a suggestion I make to most of those in waiting, wear your EDC around the house every chance you get. See what works and what doesn't work for you. Get comfortable with the extra weight. Most of all, get a good GUN belt and holster.

Thanks. Truth be told, I am good to go with carrying. My WIFE, who has had her LTC for a while now, can't find anything she likes except purse carry. I think the women have a harder time trying to carry on their bodies than the men do.
:patriot: God Bless These United States of America :patriot:

jestedsniper
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jestedsniper »

Created an account just I could post my timeline.

Application Completed: Sept 6th
Fingerprints Submitted: Sept 7th
Class Taken and LTC-100 Submitted: Sept 27th
Background and Fingerprints Cleared: Oct 19th
Mailed: Oct 23rd

26 days from form submitted to mailed.

I'm hoping to have it in hand today or tomorrow considering I'm in Dallas. Got a letter from my grandmother in Mississippi in 3 days, so I would hope it would be a day or so less to get from Austin to here.
:txflag:
"If you want to FEEL safe carry a rabbit's foot. If you want to BE safe carry a .45..."
:thewave

Dzydvl

Post by Dzydvl »

K9Texas wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Welcome to both of you. There is lots of great info on this forum.

Thanks. Truth be told, I am good to go with carrying. My WIFE, who has had her LTC for a while now, can't find anything she likes except purse carry. I think the women have a harder time trying to carry on their bodies than the men do.
Has your wife looked at any of the "spankie" style holsters, or the girdle holsters? There's a few good companies that make products specifically for the ladies, and you can't even tell it's there...

She makes it look so easy.....

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”