The wait begins

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jlmiller
Posts in topic: 2

The wait begins

Post by jlmiller »

Hello everyone! Just finished up fingerprinting & waiting game has begun. Looking forward to shooting the bull with you guys.

Only questions I have are how much longer does it take to get through the process when you have a slightly colorful past? I got certified copies of court dispositions & uploaded them with the application & LTC 100. Hopefully that's what they are needing.

Anyway, here is my timeline so far:

11/05/17 - Took class

11/05/17 - Submitted application online

11/06/17 - Went to county clerk to get certified copies of dispositions for some stupid crap back in '98 (one being class a misdemeanor family violence against my brother when I was 17. Completed deferred adjudication in' 99). I'll also mention that I can pass background checks & purchase handguns no problem.

11/06/17 - Uploaded pdfs of LTC 100 & court dispositions.

11/07/17 - RSD email confirmation that documents were received.

11/08/17 - Just completed fingerprinting at IdentoGo.

11/08/17 - Begin obsessively checking status of LTC application at least 500 times per day.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The wait begins

Post by Tex1961 »

Welcome to the Forum.

If you can already pass the regular background for a handgun purchase then you SHOULD be ok.. (Don't quote me on that). Due to past issues, it may take an extra week or so, so be patient..

LOL on the last part.. I probably checked at least 10 times per day when I was waiting for mine.

Have you already decided on what your going to carry?

95ztrey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 95ztrey »

Mine was wicked fast, 10 business day for brand new ltc. I'm 27 and married with no children. Lived in Texas my entire life so maybe that helps'. I noticed mine would change from yellow to green every 48 hours or so. Showed mailed and was in the mailbox the same day. I also live in Amarillo.

I know the feeling of checking the status I did every hour lol :cheers2:

Topic author
jlmiller
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jlmiller »

I've got a Springfield EMP 1911 in 9mm (3" barrel) and wife has a Sig P938.

I'm kind of on the hunt for another P938.....it's so easy to carry.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”