35 days and waiting, all with a clean record.

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Capgun76
Posts in topic: 5

35 days and waiting, all with a clean record.

Post by Capgun76 »

In case there are those lurking around these boards who may be waiting longer than most ,you are not alone. I was fully submitted 12-29-17, and all went into review on 1-2-18 . I have called twice and have been told in about 40 different ways they have no clue , but that I do not need to send anything else and that they have 60 days. I have seen so many on these boards getting it in 3 weeks or less, and people I know personally as well are getting theirs. :banghead:

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 35 days and waiting, all with a clean record.

Post by flechero »

Capgun76 wrote:In case there are those lurking around these boards who may be waiting longer than most ,you are not alone. I was fully submitted 12-29-17, and all went into review on 1-2-18 . I have called twice and have been told in about 40 different ways they have no clue , but that I do not need to send anything else and that they have 60 days. I have seen so many on these boards getting it in 3 weeks or less, and people I know personally as well are getting theirs. :banghead:

You newbs are so spoiled! There are lots here that waited 3-4 months in the hay day! :lol: About 17 years ago, 3-4 months was considered the norm to get plastic... and we didn't get to check the website for updates... it was a DAILY trip to the mail box HOPING it was there.

Keep your chin up, it will be here soon! :cheers2:

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

:iagree: still much faster than the wait for the feds to accept your $200 Second Amendment tax payment
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Topic author
Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

Haha yeah I get it, I actually expected to wait that long ,then I started reading these boards and I guess I got my hopes up. Got a friend who got his in 14 days , so yeah...I'm spoiled ...

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flightmare »

Look at the bright side. This gives you time to pick out holsters and carry guns. :fire
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Be patient grasshopper :mrgreen: .
I waited 112 days for my initial license and 81 days for my first renewal. Of course that has been many years ago. Glad to see they are coming quicker now. My last renewal was 17 days.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Interblog

Post by Interblog »

According to what I've seen posted in this forum, there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to the wait time. My stuff was submitted on January 18 and the process seems to be suspended at the background check stage. I'm foreign-born but have been an American citizen for 17 years, with a totally clean record. I had a CHL years ago (I let it lapse and later regretted it), also currently have TWIC and KTN, so the background check thing is not new for me.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

It will arrive soon, hang in there. Mine took 118 days back in 2009 and I remember several here on the forum waiting a lot longer then. :totap:

Welcome to the forum.

Edited to correct number of DAYS.
Ron
NRA Member

Topic author
Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

Thanks for the welcome, I just keep seeing people who started their whole process well after I was fully submitted and getting their license. This has been something I wanted to do for years and so now that I've done my part I'm getting antsy. I do already have a shield and holster. Now I'm looking at the p365 and the sub compact ppq.

JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

I went in thinking with my luck I will be waiting at least 60 days. When I got it in 10 I was completely shocked! Or was it 8 days not counting Saturday and Sunday? :biggrinjester:

Topic author
Capgun76

Post by Capgun76 »

Now sitting at 45 days, I wonder if they go past 60 do they contact me and tell me anything?

ROLLnCOAL

Post by ROLLnCOAL »

Submitted all documents online 01/08/18 received LTC 02/16/18. :woohoo

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Capgun76 wrote:Now sitting at 45 days, I wonder if they go past 60 do they contact me and tell me anything?
No. You should check with DPS at the 60 day point.

Chas.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grundy1133 »

Flightmare wrote:Look at the bright side. This gives you time to pick out holsters and carry guns. :fire
ive had my holster and carry gun since before i even took the class lol. my background check has been in review since 2/28. i know i know only a week. not really complaining just sayin, ive had my stuff ready to go long before i ever took the class. now its just a waiting game for me. :waiting:
NRA Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

flechero wrote:
Capgun76 wrote:In case there are those lurking around these boards who may be waiting longer than most ,you are not alone. I was fully submitted 12-29-17, and all went into review on 1-2-18 . I have called twice and have been told in about 40 different ways they have no clue , but that I do not need to send anything else and that they have 60 days. I have seen so many on these boards getting it in 3 weeks or less, and people I know personally as well are getting theirs. :banghead:

You newbs are so spoiled! There are lots here that waited 3-4 months in the hay day! :lol: About 17 years ago, 3-4 months was considered the norm to get plastic... and we didn't get to check the website for updates... it was a DAILY trip to the mail box HOPING it was there.

Keep your chin up, it will be here soon! :cheers2:
:iagree:

My wait was about 3 1/2 months, and I found out that I finally got it from a state trooper who stopped me for speeding (67 in a 65 lol) on my way home from a trip to Dallas.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”