Anxiety kicking in...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anxiety kicking in...

Post by twomillenium »

flipmasterJ wrote:
Keith B wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:Anxiously waiting for my application to change to print pending, but hoping that past transgressions haven’t made it a more difficult process for DPS.

Basically, Jan 2013 got convicted of Obstruction of Texas Roadway (Class B Misdemeanor) did 6 months probation, and that was the end of it.

I had been counting the days until I submit my application. Took the class Feb 2, had everything submitted including all necessary court documents by Feb 5, and the online status finally showed on Feb 7. At the moment, everything is green except for Fingerprints, Background Check, and the License to Carry part.

Anyone else have any problems with past transgressions slowing down the processing time on their LTC?
Any delay will not be because of a gun belt or lack thereof. :roll: Your Jan 2013 conviction of a class B misdemeanor may delay your eligibility. I do not think the 5 year wait starts until time served or probation is over. I might be wrong. The state will notify of any denial and reason for the denial and usually they will give you a date that you are eligible to apply again.
Disposition or final ruling date he was issued probation. He should be eligible.

Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:
Thanks! Can’t wait to officially be a part of the community
I did have a student who was denied because he went by the date of conviction, the DPS stated that he would not be eligible until a certain date, which coincidently was the date 5 years after his probation ended.

The main thing is that the state will notify you by snail mail if you are denied, and they will include the reason why and usually they will give you a date that you are eligible to apply again. The will also notify you if they need more documentation for any arrests or legal actions that need explaining. They do not notify you if they are waiting on supporting documents such as LTC 100 or DD214. The state takes the position that the applicant already knows to send proof of passing required class or military status.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
flipmasterJ
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flipmasterJ »

twomillenium wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:
Keith B wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
flipmasterJ wrote:Anxiously waiting for my application to change to print pending, but hoping that past transgressions haven’t made it a more difficult process for DPS.

Basically, Jan 2013 got convicted of Obstruction of Texas Roadway (Class B Misdemeanor) did 6 months probation, and that was the end of it.

I had been counting the days until I submit my application. Took the class Feb 2, had everything submitted including all necessary court documents by Feb 5, and the online status finally showed on Feb 7. At the moment, everything is green except for Fingerprints, Background Check, and the License to Carry part.

Anyone else have any problems with past transgressions slowing down the processing time on their LTC?
Any delay will not be because of a gun belt or lack thereof. :roll: Your Jan 2013 conviction of a class B misdemeanor may delay your eligibility. I do not think the 5 year wait starts until time served or probation is over. I might be wrong. The state will notify of any denial and reason for the denial and usually they will give you a date that you are eligible to apply again.
Disposition or final ruling date he was issued probation. He should be eligible.

Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:
Thanks! Can’t wait to officially be a part of the community
I did have a student who was denied because he went by the date of conviction, the DPS stated that he would not be eligible until a certain date, which coincidently was the date 5 years after his probation ended.

The main thing is that the state will notify you by snail mail if you are denied, and they will include the reason why and usually they will give you a date that you are eligible to apply again. The will also notify you if they need more documentation for any arrests or legal actions that need explaining. They do not notify you if they are waiting on supporting documents such as LTC 100 or DD214. The state takes the position that the applicant already knows to send proof of passing required class or military status.
I forgot to mention I had called and spoke with a DPS rep that said currently they had all the necessary documentation they needed, and that I just needed to wait.

Topic author
flipmasterJ
Posts in topic: 8

Post by flipmasterJ »

Another member suggested submitting an online inquiry to get things moving...and wouldn’t you know, two days after my online inquiry I’m print pending

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”