Approved, mailed, never received, then moved

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Briggsje77
Posts in topic: 2

Approved, mailed, never received, then moved

Post by Briggsje77 »

My husband and I went through the application process. We were approved watched all the checks get checked and finally had a status of printed and mailed. We waited & waited, never received. Then we moved (still in Texas) and are trying to figure out our next step - should it forward with the other mail??

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Approved, mailed, never received, then moved

Post by Keith B »

Briggsje77 wrote:My husband and I went through the application process. We were approved watched all the checks get checked and finally had a status of printed and mailed. We waited & waited, never received. Then we moved (still in Texas) and are trying to figure out our next step - should it forward with the other mail??
Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

It may be marked 'Do Not Forward'. Many items that have an address associated with the item, like licenses, will be marked that way.

Best bet is to contact DPS and advise you never received the originals, but now need to submit a change of address. They will more than likely just have you submit the change on the website and get new licenses with the new address shipped to you. There will be a $25 per license fee associated with the address change.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

... And then keep a close eye on the mail. The envelope is very plain and can easily be mistaken for junk mail.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Briggsje77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Briggsje77 »

Thank you so much

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”