Please Have Mercy On Me

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Please Have Mercy On Me

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:52 pm Ketamine is a very dangerous and that is why you take the infusions at the hospital. They told me that this should reset my pain receptors so I can come off the super high doses of pain meds and get by with regular meds. Right now I am maxed out on morphine and oxycodone and still can’t stand and walk very well. The pain is horrific.

I have had one treatment and so far this week I have not had one oxycodone and have only had morphine once a day.
Wow! That is impressive. They had me on so much Oxy each day that when I tried to stop taking it, I would start going into severe withdrawals. I don't think they had figured out this Ketamine treatment back then. I am real happy it is working for you.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

God has been very good to me when it comes to addiction. I worked undercover narcotics for a joint State/Federal drug task force and I have not even as much smoked marijuana. Drugs nor alcohol has ever been a draw. My PROBLEMS is food. I am no doubt addicted and struggle daily with gluttony.

They had me on fentanyl for two years. When I found out that just taking a hot shower could cause me to overdose I had my doctor take me off. It took a year for them to get me off of the fentanyl. It was then that I was put on morphine injections and oxycodone pills. I have a healthy respect/fear of all drugs. My dear wife pays close attention so I don’t over do.

I have had 7 back surgery’s and over 100 back procedures. Now my knees are shot from a fall I took a few weeks back. Because of my heart orthopedics don’t really want to touch me. Thus the ketamine infusions with the hope of delaying surgery. Doctors have me confused as a termite in a wooden yo-yo about all of this.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Hoping and praying the Ketamine infusions work as hoped for.

Joe

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Quick update. The ketamine infusions are working wonderful. I have not had to take an oxycodone in about two and half weeks. I am getting by with usually one morphine injection a day. Sundays are sometimes hard, but I feel so much better. More stable on my feet also.

Please keep praying. I have four more weeks to go.

JRG

Post by JRG »

That's the kind of results I have been praying for Carl. So glad it is working out. I will keep praying!

Joe

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JRG wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:48 pm That's the kind of results I have been praying for Carl. So glad it is working out. I will keep praying!

Joe
Thank you so much Joe. Your friendship and prayers mean the world.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Glad to hear you are doing better!

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Fantastic news!

God hears our prayers.

We'll keep them up asking for continuous improvement over the rest of your treatment.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

JRG wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:48 pm That's the kind of results I have been praying for Carl. So glad it is working out. I will keep praying!

Joe
I can't say it any better, so I'll just quote Joe. :clapping:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”