Prayer Request

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Prayer Request

Post by Skiprr »

LarryH wrote:G-Ma's (Shirley) hand surgery was yesterday. The doctor said all went well and see him in two weeks.
Nightly prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. It sounds like the procedure went well.

There will probably be a little downtime from shooting during rehab, but it'll all be worth it later.

Gob Bless, and Merry Christmas!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

How are you doing, G-Ma?
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

LarryH
Posts in topic: 5

Post by LarryH »

G-Ma sees the doctor tomorrow, and the stitches will come out then.

She has been shooting one-handed, with the other (strong-side) hand, a couple of times. Tried using the weak-side hand as a support hand, but that hurt.

She plans to attend the women's class at PSC this Saturday, but primarily as a spectator, for the fellowship aspect.

We will wait until her left hand is completely back to normal before scheduling surgery for the right.

Thanks for your prayers and follow-ups.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Look forward to seeing at the PSC Saturday!
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
G-Ma
Posts in topic: 6

Post by G-Ma »

I'm counting the days until Saturday! The Doc has already told me that I can't shoot with my left hand for 2 whole months! Boo! Hoo!

The bruising is going down, but there are still a few things that hurt a lot, when I do them. So, I just don't do them! :lol: However, I can type now, so that keeps me happy.

I got a magazine about reloading bullets, as we started figuring out how many bullets we have shot since August, when this whole shooting thing started. Waaaaay too many!! Golly! We could have supplied a war! :fire

Here's a thought that I had, just after surgery. OK. It was probably the drugs, but now I can type it:

:fire :anamatedbanana

I still think it's funny! "rlol"
"Of all our natural resources, the first one to be exhausted may be the taxpayer."
-- unknown

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad everything is progressing well. We'll keep praying for both hands.

And since the rehab is going to take two months for the left hand, then no doubt two more months for the right after you have it done, I have one word for you: airgun. Maybe two, as in one pellet gun for target practice, and an airsoft for simulating carry/defensive techniques. Good CO2 pellet pistols can be extremely accurate out to modest distances, and...no recoil! Grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture, breath control, trigger control: it's all there, except for the recoil.

Becoming skillful with one-handed shooting isn't anything to sneeze at, but I'll bet if you asked your doctor about airguns, you'll find you can start back to more "conventional" practice sooner. And I think pellet pistols have a place in everybody's training--for trigger control, they bridge the gap between dry fire and live fire. Shucks, the PSC Women's Class might even allow CO2 pellet pistols for post-surgical rehab participation. Out to around 10 or 15 yards, it will still accurately put holes through cardboard. ;-) And if you have a hankerin' to continue your NRA program, there's always the International Air Pistol Qualification in the meantime.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
G-Ma

Post by G-Ma »

Woo-hoo!!!! :woohoo

Thanks so much, Skiprr! :cool:

I had no idea. I knew that I've wanted a Red Ryder BB Gun for a long time, but that was just for old time's sake, as a neighbor kid had one and my Mom wouldn't buy me one, because it might put my eye out! Ha! Ha! When I was a kid ... I'm 61 ... they really told us stuff like that, now it's in a movie. Go figure. :roll:

My hubby wasn't too keen on getting a paint ball gun, but I think he might go for an air pistol. What fun! And we could do it in the back yard. Now, that has real possibilities.

Skiprr, you may just have solved my problem. I'll bet BB's ... or whatever air guns shoot ... are cheaper than bullets, too. We were figuring up what we'd spent in bullets since August, when this all started, and it was enough to fund a small war!! We could sure use the price break.

Thanks, much!

Blessings!!

sh
"Of all our natural resources, the first one to be exhausted may be the taxpayer."
-- unknown

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I have no issues with the use of Airguns for rehab at the PSC Ladies Class.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

Wow! G-Ma you sure can shoot. If I hadn't known that you had just had surgery on your left hand I wouldn't have believed it. You were awesome at the range today.

I thinnk our prayers for your recovery are being answered.

Topic author
G-Ma

Post by G-Ma »

CompVest, all, I know our awesome God answers prayers! I have full use of my fingers, and my hand had turned so black that I thought it was a goner. Now, I can make a complete fist. That's all praise to our God!!

It hurts tonight. Probably too much "use" today, but it was sooooo much fun. Thanks for the kind words, but it was probably just beginner's luck. We'll see how things progress. My hubby and son are sooooo much better shooters than I am. Now, they're the real shooters. Can't wait for their CHL's to come in. Son still needs to take the course.

Ladies, if you haven't attended the Ladies' Day and PSC gun range, you have missed a real treat. These ladies that teach it are competent, accomplished markswomen, as well as great teachers. I learned so much, today. You really have to come out the first Saturday of next month. What fun! Gents, tell your favorite women that they really want to join us! We had a blast ... in every sense of the word! Thank you, CompVest, for all your time and dedication. And wasn't it great to see Sharon? She's healing slowly, so keep up the prayers for her. She did look good, though.

Thanks to all for the prayers. The right hand will be several months away. I'll let you all know. I'm just so humbled and thankful for this group, where you selflessly pray for one another. You guys rock! You are literally an answer to a prayer. I'll let you know, now. I've been praying for friends, who are nice (play nice) and love the Lord and like to pray, too. I think I've found a home.

Many Blessings!!

Shirley
-- unknown

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

THanks for the update, Shirley. You're still in my prayers for full recovery.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”