Jesus (Our Savior)

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BrassMonkey »

carlson1 wrote:I will give you one my friend.
Works for me :-)
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

cmbrust
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmbrust »

I too am studying this. I was raised Catholic and in my early adulthood strayed. I wandered around for 25 years, only coming back to church this year. During that time I listened to the wrong voices in my head. I have been baptized again - really this time, the whole dunking. I have been born again. Do I feel worthy? Absolutely not. But I cannot go on feelings, faith is believing. If I did what I FELT like, I would still be wandering, lost in sin. I act and believe differently now.

Someone explained it to me this way. God's grace is a gift. It's there waiting for you. You have to pick it up, unwrap it and truly receive it! Don't leave this awesome gift unwrapped.

Stay connected with other believers, listen to the right voices and read your Bible - daily.

God Bless

Topic author
BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BrassMonkey »

To document this day and close out this thread, today is the day of my Baptism. Thanks to everyone...
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

BrassMonkey wrote:To document this day and close out this thread, today is the day of my Baptism. Thanks to everyone...
:thumbsup: Nothing better than being saved, baptized, and growing!!!!!!!

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flintknapper »

BrassMonkey wrote:To document this day and close out this thread, today is the day of my Baptism. Thanks to everyone...

Congratulations BrassMonkey!

Proud of ya!

There is still a lot of learning/growing ahead of you, but you have made the right choice and a good start.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

You know this is not the end. This is the beginning.

Yesterday was your real birthday. (You can still celebrate the old one too, if you want, but this is your REAL one) So, every year on this day, from now on, we have to get together for food, fun, and shooting. Mark your calendar.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Praise GOD and His Son, my Savior. Your's too now BM :lol:

Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

Congrats you funky monkey!!
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Monkey, are you attending church somewhere? (I'm guessing you are since you've been baptized.)
Attending church regularly continues to help me know and serve God.

Regarding salvation: Something I try to keep in mind is that repentance is an act. It's actually turning away from and denying your natural self and becoming a new person in Christ.
Following Christ is a daily choice.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by carlson1 »

Venus Pax wrote:Monkey, are you attending church somewhere? (I'm guessing you are since you've been baptized.)
Attending church regularly continues to help me know and serve God.

Regarding salvation: Something I try to keep in mind is that repentance is an act. It's actually turning away from and denying your natural self and becoming a new person in Christ.
Following Christ is a daily choice.
Not a debate, but actually Repentance is from the Greek Word "Metanoia" {met-an'-oy-ah} n f AV - repentance - a change of mind. I change my mind from what is taking me to heaven to Jesus Christ. The word "repentance" never appears one time in the Book of John. Repentance and Belief go hand in hand. Had was to mean a literal "change" and not a change of mind it would be the word "Metaporphis."

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jbirds1210 »

I am happy for you BrassMonkey....I hope you realize that the Angels celebrated this day.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”