Youth pastor

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 3

Youth pastor

Post by Venus Pax »

Our youth pastor had surgery today. We weren't even really sure if he was going to have it; I got a text from his wife this morning telling me he was going in.
This couple does a lot at our church. They are in their 20s and very active.
His surgery went well, but I'm concerned about how he will be doing mentally and emotionally having to lay in bed for so long.
Please pray for a speedy recovery for him, and pray for his emotions during this time. He's not the type of person that likes being home-bound.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Youth pastor

Post by carlson1 »

Added to the prayer list. We will also pray for your Pastor as I am sure he is extra burdened right now.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skiprr »

Prayers from us. Since the procedure went well, I'm certain his spiritual strength and faith in God will support him through his recovery. And an extra prayer for his wife because--as Carlson1 made mention of the workload on your Pastor--I'll bet your Youth Pastor's wife will be in the role of caregiver during recovery and will have extra work to do, as well.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

+1
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

+ one more
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

308nato

Post by 308nato »

Added to my list

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Just wanted to update:
He's home now. Although he is using a walker to get around, his wife said he is already walking straighter than before the surgery. He still can't do anything for himself except go to the RR.
Thank you for praying and please keep both of them in your prayers. I will report his progress.
V

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Thank you for the update. Isaiah 59:1 "Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:" We will continue to pray for all of the family and Church family as well.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I will have plenty of prayer time now also.From here too.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

longtooth wrote:I will have plenty of prayer time now also.From here too.
Hmm. I think I figured out Longtooth's secret on why when trials of life are thrown at him he just comes back even stronger.
Take care my friend, our prayers for you continue.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thank You Father for Four healing hand! Thanks you Venus for the update and let us know when he's off the walker.

Chas.

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Mars & I made it by there tonight. He looked like he was tired and hurting some.
He's off the walker. The doctor told him that he has to change positions frequently, which means that he can't merely lay down or sit up all the time. It looks like he's doing this.
I appreciate your prayers. I will let you know when I think he's out of the woods; hopefully it won't be long.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”