Carlson1

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thank you friends for the prayers. I now it was your prayers that have helped me get better so fast. My doctor called me in some fentanyl patches and my pain level is a lot better. Thanks Again.
Carl

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

Thank you Lord! :clapping:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Glad to hear it Carl. My Brother-in-law has those patches after he fell and shattered his L2 vertebrate a couple of months ago. Between those and prayer, he is up and able to maneuver, even after having 2 rods attached along 7 vertebrate!

Take care buddy!!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Done, my friend.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I'm late getting back to the Forum, and praise the reduction of pain. But you're on my prayer list anyway, Carl, and will stay there. ;-)

Many of us over...uh, a certain age, have experienced back problems. So I'll say a little prayer for all our spines tonight.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

locknload wrote: If it is from a muscle spasm, you can drink an alcohol beverage ... doesn't matter what, and I couldn't advise, as I don't know a lot about them, but DH will buy me one, if I hurt. Within a few minutes, the alcohol will relax the tense muscles.
Where there are four Baptists, there's always a fifth. ;-)

Carlson, I will keep you in my prayers that God would heal your back. (BTW, moderate consumption of alcohol may sooth and calm you before bedtime, just don't get behind the wheel. <---- I think you know that already, though.)

Keep us posted.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

carlson1 wrote:Thank you friends for the prayers. I now it was your prayers that have helped me get better so fast. My doctor called me in some fentanyl patches and my pain level is a lot better. Thanks Again.
Carl
Did the doctor say that this would go away? I know you said in your first post that this a rather old injury. Regardless, you're on my prayer list until the burden lifts.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

Prayers sent. I suffer from much the same problem, and have found that certain carry positions can make the discomfort worse. This too will pass.

Dave B.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

If I drank alcohol I would probably have a spasm. "rlol"

Venus Pax wrote:
carlson1 wrote:Did the doctor say that this would go away? I know you said in your first post that this a rather old injury. Regardless, you're on my prayer list until the burden lifts.
I had low back surgery about 19 years ago. At that time they just simply "trimmed" the disk out and left it bone on bone. Years of wear from a heavy duty belt (not to mention the weight above the duty belt ;-) has cause it to get worse. At this time my heart is not strong enough to undergo any type of surgery, so the earthly Physician says. I just go along with their plan and trust the Heavenly Physician. :thumbs2:

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

carlson1 wrote:If I drank alcohol I would probably have a spasm. "rlol"

Venus Pax wrote:
carlson1 wrote:Did the doctor say that this would go away? I know you said in your first post that this a rather old injury. Regardless, you're on my prayer list until the burden lifts.
I had low back surgery about 19 years ago. At that time they just simply "trimmed" the disk out and left it bone on bone. Years of wear from a heavy duty belt (not to mention the weight above the duty belt ;-) has cause it to get worse. At this time my heart is not strong enough to undergo any type of surgery, so the earthly Physician says. I just go along with their plan and trust the Heavenly Physician. :thumbs2:
Good plan.
NRA lifetime member

308nato

Post by 308nato »

Carlson I have a degenerated disc in my lower back also and I can go and do a lot but
it never fails if I happen to bend slightly the wrong way the disc will move and the
muscle spasim hits and I'am lucky to be able to crawl to the bathroom.
After a couple of days flat on my back with my legs on a couple of big pillows
and my muscle relaxsors things start to evan out.
See if your doctor will give you some NOROGESIC,s muscle relaxsor's.
Prayers sent for a fast recovery also.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

308nato wrote:Carlson I have a degenerated disc in my lower back also and I can go and do a lot but
it never fails if I happen to bend slightly the wrong way the disc will move and the
muscle spasim hits and I'am lucky to be able to crawl to the bathroom.
After a couple of days flat on my back with my legs on a couple of big pillows
and my muscle relaxsors things start to evan out.
See if your doctor will give you some NOROGESIC,s muscle relaxsor's.
Prayers sent for a fast recovery also.
That is me to a tee! I will ask my doctor about the muscle relaxors. I was in so much pain I just wanted the relief.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”