A Sad Day in Kilgore

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

A Sad Day in Kilgore

Post by mr surveyor »

This afternoon, two of our local firefighters (Kilgore) died in a training accident. Details are sketchy, and it's unsure if it was operator error, or equipment failure, but either a ladder truck or snorkle truck (with bucket) was possibly involved. Two died "at the hospital" from injuries sustained in a fall, and two more were hospitalized for injuries.

Even though I am one of 5 commissioners on our (Rusk) County Emergency Services District board, this department is a municipal department that only "contracts" to our county ESD so I am not privy to information, and our board will most likely have little, if any, involvement. Had it been one of our nine volunteer departments I would not be sitting here in front of this computer at the moment.

Having been an active firefighter, both volunteer and professional, many years ago, I still consider these guys "brothers". I did not personally know either of them, but still feel a tremendous loss. I never gave much thought to the "what if's" while training or on an active scene until many years later. In retrospect I can see the imminent danger these guys put themselves in on a daily basis.

This is just a terrible thing to happen.

May God Rest Their Souls, and Give Peace to Their Families and Fellow Firefighters"

surv
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

longtooth

Re: A Sad Day in Kilgore

Post by longtooth »

Thank you for the post. I will & I know many on this board will pray for you & the families also. Emergency response personel are all often in danger.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

We often forget our men and women who put their lives on the line for our safety. I will be praying for the families.

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

A terrible loss. Their families and the department are added to my prayers.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

JamesW51

Post by JamesW51 »

Prayers for you and the families of the lost FireFighters

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

Prayers up
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”